• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Traveler

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
This is an original story that I created. This is also my first story on this section. I welcome any and all comments positive or negative.

Chapter 1: Special Delivery

Every person asks themselves the same question at least once in their life. What do I have to live for? One person in particular has asked that question many times. I would like to introduce this young man to you. His name is James Honda.

James is twenty three years old. He stands at 6'3 and weighs 150 pounds. He has short black hair and brown eyes. James is very thin and has a semi muscular body. James believes that he isn't very attractive.

James lives in a one bedroom apartment. His mom died when he was three. His dad kicked him out of the house when he was sixteen. James never spoke to his dad again. He doesn't even know if he is alive or not. James is a cashier in a department store. He sells men's clothes all day long. James uses the money he makes to buy food, clothes, and pay the rent. James spends most of his time in his apartment because he doesn't have many friends.

It was a bright Friday morning. James walked off of the bus and into the store. He clocked in and straightened up the clothes in his department. It was a busy day so the time went by faster. He was just about to clock out for the day when he heard the store manager over the intercom. "James Honda please report to my office." James sighed as he walked to the office. I wonder what the manager wants with me?

James walked into the manager's office. The manager was sitting behind his desk. "Please sit down James." He nodded his head and sat down. "James, I have been looking over your performance records as of late." The manager sighed. "Your performance has been below company standards."
"What does this mean Sir?"
"I am sorry, but I have to let you go James." James had a sad look on his face as he stood from his chair. "Your last paycheck will be mailed to your home." He nodded his head as he made his way to the office door. "Oh and one last thing." James stopped and turned his head toward the manager. "I wish you luck in your future." This brought a smile to his face.
"Thank you Sir." James left the office, clocked out, and walked out of the store. He got on his bus and rode home.

James sighed as he walked into his home. He changed out of his work clothes. He put on a black T-shirt and black jeans. He then walked over to his favorite chair and relaxed in it. "I can't believe that I was fired again. Why can't I seem to hold a job?" James stood up and walked to his fridge. He took out a frozen dinner and placed it in the microwave. He ate the heated dinner and then walked to his sink. "Do I have any reasons to live anymore?"

James thought about the question for a few minutes. He sighed as he opened a drawer and removed a sharp knife. He slowly lifted the knife toward his throat. "This is the right decision. Nobody will miss me." James was about to slit his throat when he heard a knock at his door.

James placed the knife down on the counter. He walked toward the door. I wonder who it could be. He opened the door to see a delivery man.
"Are you James Honda?"
"Yes I am."
"I have two packages for you. Please sign your name next to the X." The man held up a clipboard with a paper on it. James signed his name and was given two different size boxes. "Thank you and have a good day." James closed the door as the man walked back to his truck.

He placed the two packages on his coffee table. One box was in the shape of a long rectangle. The bigger box was square shaped. James opened the longer box first. He slowly pulled out a long sword. He removed the sword from the sheathe and gazed at the blade. "This sword is awesome. The blade is so sharp." James sheathed the sword and placed it on his couch. He then opened the box. Inside was a game system box. The box said that the system was called Revolution X. It also said that included were hook up wires, a controller and a game. "Why would somebody send me these items?" James shrugged it off and decided to hook up the Revolution X.

It took him about thirty minutes to correctly hook everything up. He removed the game box and just stared at it. There were no pictures, title, or words on the box. James opened the box and was surprised to see that the game disc was also blank. "I hope that this isn't one big practical joke." He turned on the television and removed the game disc. He opened the part of the system, inserted the disc, and closed the system. He hit the power button and sat on the couch. He held the controller and the sword rested on his lap.

Suddenly the screen changed from black to white. Avery bright light was emitted from the television. It was so bright that it forced James to close his eyes. James' jaw dropped when he opened his eyes. He was no longer sitting in his apartment. He was standing in a destroyed city.

End Chapter

Last edited:

Sabaku no Gaara

Bronze Member
YIPPEE! Now I have three fan fics plus my own to worry about... YIPPEE... I loved aj! U_b and AoD picked a good friend in you! You have as much talent in writing fan fics as them both :) Can't wait for chapter two! Well I can but you know... *Waits for chapter two trying to be calm*

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
*singing* I love stories about videogames, they make me a happy U_B, Happy U_B!!! Hahahaa. So this is what you have been up to, eh Ansem? Well, no doubt that i am intrigued by what comes next. At first i thought it was gonna be like a drama story, but the ending surprised me. Excellent work. I wonder what other characters will be introduced?

Sabaku no Gaara

Bronze Member
unknown_boy said:
*singing* I love stories about videogames, they make me a happy U_B, Happy U_B!!! Hahahaa. So this is what you have been up to, eh Ansem? Well, no doubt that i am intrigued by what comes next. At first i thought it was gonna be like a drama story, but the ending surprised me. Excellent work. I wonder what other characters will be introduced?
I didn't know you could be happy about something other than AoD bro... Oh well! Where's chapter two at aj?! *trys to wait patiently for chapter two but ends up ripping his hair out*

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Sorry for the inconvience my friend. I promise you to try my best with the chapter. I don't want to disappoint my readers. Let me know when your first chapter is complete. I will definitely read it and please be patient. All good things come in time and to those who wait.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
That chappy was awesome! I'm sooo glad you pm'd me with the link, the way you write is weird though but its cool.... So whens the next chappy???

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
OKay, here's the review I promised you Ansemjafar. First of all, it is very nicely written, it got me intrigued as soon as the boxes came in the mail. Your idea is great, and the character is interesting as well. However... as in all fanfics, none of them are perfect. IMO your writing is very... blunt, straightforward and to the point. Now this can be good, and if it is your style of writing, them I advise you to stick with it anyway, but I'm used to reading stuff with a little more emotion. That's just my opinion, but there it is. Other then that the character of Honda comes off to me as being a little... bored. He doesn't really express much emotion, especially when he's about to kill himeself, he doesn't seem very sad to me, he seems kinda bored. Anyway, I suggest maybe a few sentences building up to his attempt of an attempt of suicide before killing himself to make the reader more relieved when he doesn't (something like that).

Good things? Excellent story, excellent idea, excellent writing.

Things for improvement? Not so exciting dialogue, blunt writing, bored character.

All these things are IMO and you by no means have to act on them.

Happy fanficcing

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Ok people here is Chapter 2. I hope that you all enjoy it. Plus if you have friends on this site. Please ask them to read this story.

Chapter 2 Searching For Answers

James just couldn't believe his eyes. One minute he was sitting in his home. The next he was in a city that lay in ruins. James checked himself over. He felt physically fine and his body didn't appear to have any injuries. It seemed that he only had the clothes on his back and a sword at his left side. That same sword that arrived today.

James took in his surrounding area. Huge pieces of buildings with multiple cracks lay toppled on the ground. Concrete and wood were scattered. Huge letters of signs could be seen. "Hello! Is anyone here?" All James heard was the wind blowing about the dust and ashes of the ruins. James didn't know where to start looking. He couldn't find any traces of a street or a sidewalk. "I guess that I just have to find an open path and take it. Despite where it might lead me."

James looked from left to right and found an open path to his right. He started walking under and climbing over the rubble. "It's a good thing I'm thin or it would be a lot harder to maneuver through this crap." James continued to make his way through the obstacle course of the city. He sat down on the ground to take a quick break. He used his T-shirt to wipe away the sweat on his forehead. He then looked up at the sky and squinted his eyes. The sun was high and shining brightly. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky. "It would be nice if I had my sunglasses with me." James looked down at his sword. Why are you the only item that came with me? He shrugged his shoulders and stood up. "I guess that you are better than nothing."

James continued his trek through the city. Everything around him looked the same. A complete and utter wasteland. He stopped walking when he heard a noise. James searched his surrounding area for the source of this strange sound. He stopped searching after a few minutes. He then heard the noise once more. "Where is that sound coming from?" Suddenly James looked down and realized what the sound was. He laughed to himself. I can't believe it. All this time my stomach was telling me that I was hungry. James looked around and sighed. "What are the odds that I'll find some food in this city?"

He continued forward with the thoughts and hope that he would find food. Soon though it seemed that it would be a cold night in hell before James found some food. Things started to get worse the longer he walked. While walking James tripped over some debris. As he fell, his arm scraped against a sharp piece of concrete. James stood up and examined his left arm. There was a deep six inch cut that was bleeding just below elbow. He hissed out in pain from the cut and pressed on. There is no point in treating this wound. "Besides I have had worse cuts than this from one of my previous jobs."

Hours had passed since James walking. Although he wasn't really tired, he was starving and sweating. The color of the setting sun had changed from yellow to an orange red color. James didn't find any signs of life during his travels. He was hoping to find a few survivors that could tell him what had happened to the city. He sat down on the ground to take a short break. He looked down at his growling stomach as he used his hand to wipe the sweat from his brow. "Yeah. Yeah. I hear ya. So what am I supposed to do to keep you quiet? I haven't found any traces of food yet." James looked up at the orange sun and sighed. Another problem is the sun will soon be setting. I have to find some kind of shelter or else sleep out here tonight. He shuddered at the thought of having to sleep in such dangerous terrain. He stood up and marched forward.

While James was walking, he heard a cracking noise under his feet. He stopped walking and looked down at the ground. "Oh great. Now I have to worry about broken shards of glass." James walked slowly over the over the glass for fear of tripping and severely cutting himself. As he walked he heard a different noise. That doesn't sound like glass. James looked down to see something white. Upon kneeling down and further inspection, he came to the shocking conclusion that they were bones. He wasn't sure if they were human bones or animal bones until he discovered a cracked human skull with a missing jaw. James just stared at the skull silent for a few minutes. Why did the first sign of life have to be a skull? He stood up and sighed still looking down at the skull. "Whatever happened to this city must have taken the lives of many people. I just hope that somebody made it out alive."

He was going to search for shelter when he heard a girl's voice in the distance. "Please be careful. There is a great evil in this world." After James heard the sweet tone of her voice, he ran toward the voice. "Please talk to me some more. Please show yourself to me. I promise that I won't hurt you." He was so focused on finding the girl that he didn't hear the sound of the ground under him. Suddenly the ground cracked and collapsed under him. James screamed as he plummeted into the dark abyss. His thoughts were the words that the girl told him. His thoughts and his screaming were silenced when he hit the ground hard. James lay unconscious surrounded by the darkness.

End Chapter

Last edited:

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Great Story!! I could never write stories like these!! Now you make me wanna write my fanfic much better!! I hope you update soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back