• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Traitor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Though the dialogue also changes based on your Foreteller it seems.

In the trailer, Chirithy says "So it's as you suspected? There IS a traitor among the five?" to Invi

but in my game, Chirithy says something like "Does this mean there is a traitor" with Ira replying "I'm not willing to believe that yet."

Unless they changed the scene since the trailer?

Interesting, that gives more credence to Invi being the potential traitor. Maybe that's why Aced attacked Invi: because he singled out her actions as the most traitorous. Usually, the most suspicious person is the one that plants doubts to everyone else's heads.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well if it is true and the dialogue does change significantly depending on your Foreteller, maybe we should create a thread to catalogue all the different scenes/dialogue for each Union so we can better formulate theories. Like has anyone not in Unicornis gotten to that quest yet and what is the dialogue for their Chirithy/Foreteller?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well if it is true and the dialogue does change significantly depending on your Foreteller, maybe we should create a thread to catalogue all the different scenes/dialogue for each Union so we can better formulate theories. Like has anyone not in Unicornis gotten to that quest yet and what is the dialogue for their Chirithy/Foreteller?

I personally think it's a little to early for that right now. The differences are subtle at best, and besides, X is shutting down at September, and by then, we'd probably see drastic differences between the Fortellers in the final update.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I personally think it's a little to early for that right now.
Better to start now as we all play so it's less daunting to do, than do it all at once later

The differences are subtle at best
This fandom makes a big deal about the word choice of single lines, but actual noted differences based on which Union you play as are too subtle to be worth cataloging?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Better to start now as we all play so it's less daunting to do, than do it all at once later

This fandom makes a big deal about the word choice of single lines, but actual noted differences based on which Union you play as are too subtle to be worth cataloging?

Subtle in the context that it doesn't really validate enough of a warrant to consider it a "major difference". Again, we first need to double check to see if all of the Foretellers really do have a major dialogue difference. I'm not opposing the idea, I just think that there's little content to really place if you want to have threads for the different threads for the scenes of the Union members.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I kinda have to agree with Audo here.

Also, a Thread like that would be pretty nice and neat and stuff

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Something as small as changing the wording can still have some significant effects on the story that the text's trying to convey. We have countless examples of that with this series' Japanese to American translations.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Methinks you guys are spreading rumors about Invy cause y'all are jealous.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Methinks you guys are spreading rumors about Invy cause y'all are jealous.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well it's not really a rumour that's being spread, you can see that that scene is translated differently in Unchained's official trailer:

[video=youtube;CUFbrF85L7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUFbrF85L7E[/video]

Not sure why they made the change, but it looks like they did and all the scenes are the same, which is a shame.

Neyan

I suppose they only did a rushed translation for the trailer whereas the actual game conveys the original meaning more.

Or they just wanted to make the trailer more dramatic

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I suppose they only did a rushed translation for the trailer whereas the actual game conveys the original meaning more.

Or they just wanted to make the trailer more dramatic

Or maybe they changed the text in order to make the traitor less obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back