• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Things You Love and Hate about KH:COM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael_Oblivion

The only farming I ever hated was that golden card that gave you access to a special awards room that had powerful cards in it.
Yeah, I could never get that card either. I got it only once in three full playthroughs, including trying to grind for it.

Rael_Oblivion

lol really? xD I remember getting it three times. xP I think it was pretty random, too. You could get it from regular fights.
Yeah, really. It was horrible. I remember reading my strategy guide for the original CoM and thinking, "Look at all these awesome things I'll never get." And then Re:CoM started it over again and I never got any there.

andreverts

Awards
There are roulette rooms in Re: CoM that make things easier when you're looking for specific cards (color, number), fortunately. I don't remember being stuck for lack of room cars during my CoM playthrough, so I think I've been lucky for that!
Anyway, I understand this random drop system for cards may be considered another thing for the "hate" side.

I don't think I ever bothered using the enemy cards, they took up valuable CP & I didn't really find them very useful in comparison to the boss cards & even then, I thought Oogie Boogie, Riku & Vexen were the most useful cards out of the bosses I defeated.

And I quote that. EC do not worth the CP they require, plus they're even worse than room cards to collect (and I had to go through it because of the Platinum Trophy in Re: CoM).

Yeah, I could never get that card either. I got it only once in three full playthroughs, including trying to grind for it.

When you get one, you should stop searching for it and use it immediatly. I noticed that the probabilites to get one when you have none are higher than when you have some.

Caxinuld

Awards
I had pretty good luck with the Key to Rewards, I managed to get one for Destiny Islands, Hollow Bastion, but I can't remember the last world I got a card for.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I was in castle oblivion level 40 triying to get a blue card number 1. when i finally got the card i was in LEVEL 70!!!

This is going to be me. There should be at least some way to control the cards you get, like maybe you could get lower cards from the lower floors (after you've completed them of course) or something. I need not one, but two cards to advance. I mean, first there's three colors, I need to get the right color. Then there's the different card types, I need to get the right type. And then finally it needs to be this one specific number from 1-10. The odds are... not great. It's a pretty bad choice from the devs, and I really don't know how they didn't realize that this could happen. There's nothing else you can do but try your slim chances until you make it, not a very good system.

Jochira

Awards
what I hate is how long it takes to cap, Re:CoM Marluxia's card drop + Doom combo (Marluxia at CoM was a piece of cake at GBA, but Doom and him making me drop my cards always got me at Re:CoM), you can't customize Riku's deck (only minor), Riku entering D-mode at the wrong time (like when you wanna use King Mickey to heal/reload, but D-mode makes you waste him) and the doors that more specific, instead of "X^" or "Xv"

what I love is how CoM got an unique gameplay, story, the duel system Riku got and Riku's evasive skills at D-mode

lol really? xD I remember getting it three times. xP I think it was pretty random, too. You could get it from regular fights.

maybe just my luck, but I noticed that it only took me like 3-5 (sometimes up to 10) battles at the final floor of Castle Oblivion to get the Golden Card, so I used that to farm and didn't take long for me to unlock the Treasure Room of each floor that way owo

so maybe try farming there, if you wanna hunt for that card?

NOTE: that was only at Re:CoM, cuz when I last played CoM so was I a kid that was too lazy to grind... XD

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Sorry if this considered thread necromancy, but I thought I'd give my thoughts on this game.

I found the game itself pretty okay, though some bosses worked better on Re:CoM than they did on the original, which I haven't completed yet. The only gripe I have with Re:CoM, and this is probably a nitpick, was the how they handled some of the cutscenes, mainly in terms of lip syncing. Maybe it's because I'm an animation student, but it felt slightly off in certain scenes when the voices matched the mood but not the way it was said. That aside I found it pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back