• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Things You Love and Hate about KH:COM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Things I love:

1. The characters. Sora is perfect here, Marluxia is mysteriously menacing, Axel is a snarky sarcastic douchebag and I love it, Jiminy is great, Donald and Goofy are wonderful as usual, and the Riku Replica is incredible always. Also, on Riku's side, Zexion had some enjoyable scenes, and Lexaeus is freaking great at being the stoic, dangerous powerhouse that we know him as

2. The gameplay. I love strategic games and melding in general, so the fact that I got both of it here made me very happy. We got an early form of command melding early on with the implementation of slates, and the strategy in the game (in my opinion) was wonderful. I know people don't like it because they don't like working for their prize, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

3. The story. This is perfect as well. Easily on my top 2 stories.

If I had one major complaint, it's that Reverse/Rebirth's Disney world's were bland, boring, and generally unappealing. They were completely devoid of life and felt like they were made purely to extend Riku's gameplay since the developer's couldn't think of any clever way for him to interact with the other villains on Maleficent's council. Also, Riku's gameplay was way more boring than Sora's, and I don't understand why people consider it the superior version of the battle system.

Although I concede this point regarding Reverse Rebirth, it was still cool to be able to play as Riku/someone besides Sora and experience the CoM with new events and fight Org members we didn't get to fight as Sora. Other than that, I liked RR's gameplay, and I think Re: added more to it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I like both the original and re:CoM. Some of the voices are not exactly what I imagined for them (Vexen, Larxene), but I think they do a great job regardless. What I do hate is how they half-assed it by not voicing the Disney segments. Although I will say--for something that was obviously only done to save money--it does add a certain something to the game. The Disney levels come across like Sora just walked into storybook land, which does make them feel more like the illusions they are.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I like both the original and re:CoM. Some of the voices are not exactly what I imagined for them (Vexen, Larxene), but I think they do a great job regardless. What I do hate is how they half-assed it by not voicing the Disney segments. Although I will say--for something that was obviously only done to save money--it does add a certain something to the game. The Disney levels come across like Sora just walked into storybook land, which does make them feel more like the illusions they are.

I actually liked her voice. It's everything I had imagined, haha. It's cocky and intimidating. I also like Vexen's. There's something about it that just fits him, haha.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I actually liked her voice. It's everything I had imagined, haha. It's cocky and intimidating. I also like Vexen's. There's something about it that just fits him, haha.

The only time that I disliked Vexen's voice was in one of the bonus scenes from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, the one with Zexion, Xigbar, and Vexen chatting about the Chamber of Repose (chronologically right when they picked up XI, Marluxia). THAT shit was annoying.

Caxinuld

Awards
It's a shame that Axel's line got changed from "give me one hell of a show" to "try and make it enjoyable", I always thought that his first line sounded cooler.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Speaking of lines, I'm surprised they kept Larxene's "more pain for you means more fun for me".
I mean, I'm happy as hell, but knowing Disney...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The only time that I disliked Vexen's voice was in one of the bonus scenes from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, the one with Zexion, Xigbar, and Vexen chatting about the Chamber of Repose (chronologically right when they picked up XI, Marluxia). THAT shit was annoying.

Are you referring to the Japanese, or the English voices? 'cause I remember finding Vexen constantly shouting "ZEXION! ZEEEXIONNN!" annoying in a funny way, haha. xD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, with Vexen, I'm not really fond of that voice actor because so many of his characters sound the same. All I can hear is Ken from Digimon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, with Vexen, I'm not really fond of that voice actor because so many of his characters sound the same. All I can hear is Ken from Digimon.

Oh, hell! It's true! Haha. Goes to show how talented people like Liam O'Brien (Ballad of Caius, Akihiko from Persona 3, Kain Highwind FF4) are when voicing different characters. Sounds the same, but with a noticeable change in tone and attitude.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
When you run out of cards to use and the boss is about to be defeated, then you die. Lost count of how many times that's happened to me. Good story, awesome characters, but the cards. THE CARDS.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
When you run out of cards to use and the boss is about to be defeated, then you die. Lost count of how many times that's happened to me. Good story, awesome characters, but the cards. THE CARDS.

That's when you pray to god that Pluto pops up! If you're on the right boss, that is. I remember I had Pluto pop up on what I think was Marluxia III, that was a godsend.

Chuuya

Awards
Yeah, but sometimes when I get Pluto, either the boss' card blocks it or Pluto doesn't give me crap. Also on my "dislikes of CoM" list.

Chuuya

Awards
There are lucky times like when I was fighting Jafar recently. On the verge of dying till I got a Pluto card. Pluto helped and I got some cards at the last second and defeated the boss. I was never so relieved in my life! Shear luck right there.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I remember being pissed of running out of cards, but what I would mostly do was revise my deck after losing, like, 651911456 times xD. Can we factor that as a positive? CoM was, overall, a difficult game?

Caxinuld

Awards
I don't think I ever bothered using the enemy cards, they took up valuable CP & I didn't really find them very useful in comparison to the boss cards & even then, I thought Oogie Boogie, Riku & Vexen were the most useful cards out of the bosses I defeated.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Same here. I only ever used Character Cards. I liked how in I.5 they gave you Days character cards for watching the movie, haha.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Okay I just found one thing I dislike about CoM. Hunting for room cards is pretty hard. I'm stuck in Twilight Town and just spent an hour trying to get two cards I need to advance, and didn't get neither. I did get to level 59 though, probably will get to 99 before I get the cards I need :D Luckily Megaflare makes farming a bit easier.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Okay I just found one thing I dislike about CoM. Hunting for room cards is pretty hard. I'm stuck in Twilight Town and just spent an hour trying to get two cards I need to advance, and didn't get neither. I did get to level 59 though, probably will get to 99 before I get the cards I need :D Luckily Megaflare makes farming a bit easier.

The only farming I ever hated was that golden card that gave you access to a special awards room that had powerful cards in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back