• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► The Thing That Makes Me Hate Christmas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
Every day of the year, my mother treats my life as something that needs to constantly be changed and edited to meet their expectations. She demands I spend my hard earned paychecks her way, she tell me everything i do around the house is the wrong way of doing it, and they nag me about my eating habits. all despite the fact that I'm 28 and should have my own say in the matter. Then comes Christmas time. I have to buy gifts, spend time with, and be overall nice to that hypocritical old freeloader who has made my life 10x harder and guilt trips into thanking her for it. And I'm the bad guy cuz i don't want to watch some Christmas Carol spinoff crap with her? I'm somehow in the wrong for not enjoying a holiday revolving around being nice to people I wish would die. Take your stupid dog who you clearly put more care into then you ever did for me and go back to your own home which is literally only a few blocks away.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
You could move away and ignore her.
You miss the part where he says his mother needs to go to her own crib? Just making sure we read the same post.

@Sonofjafar
Can't say that I 100% know and understand the relationship dynamic between you and your mother, but at the bare minimum all I can really say is asserting yourself and having more friction (for a time) is what you need more than anything. Nobody says you have to appease parents well into your adult life, and it's extremely unlikely that you asserting yourself being translated as "Disrespect" (basically you hurt my ego) is going to fly at this stage in your life.

That whole bit you mentioned about being a bad person because you actively chose not to conform to everything being said, just because it's your mother is not an issue in my opinion. If nothing else, this holiday is supposed be significant (at least from a social perspective) of EVERYONE being a bit more charitable, not just from a giving threshold. I'd think it'd be best for you to sit your mother down after the holidays and really convey to her how her presence has got you up in arms.

Back