• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ THE Terra CRITICS CLUB ~ "If He Only Had A Brain"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I'd be more moved if MX suddenly became a nice guy and sacrificed (if the word even applies to MX) himself to bring Terra back.

I'm just being weird don't mind me.

That'd be pretty cool if done correctly, but Nomura will never do that. It's much more likely that Terra will sacrifice himself to bring down MX/save everyone. xD

fantasy08

So Terra its your turn now lol. Joinage please! In my opinion he has a generic likability about him,but there's no true substance there. He's naivety is not so much the problem for me as was the execution of his whole character and story. It just didn't have a soul to it for me. Well done execution is key in everything, and done badly it can make or break anything. In this case Terra, and BBS in general, are just broken shells of what they could have been if the writers and developers had just cared. Also Terra's robotic voice acting is another strike against his character. Bad voice work can help kill a character as well.

Theart

Awards
So Terra its your turn now lol. Joinage please! In my opinion he has a generic likability about him,but there's no true substance there. He's naivety is not so much the problem for me as was the execution of his whole character and story. It just didn't have a soul to it for me. Well done execution is key in everything, and done badly it can make or break anything. In this case Terra, and BBS in general, are just broken shells of what they could have been if the writers and developers had just cared. Also Terra's robotic voice acting is another strike against his character. Bad voice work can help kill a character as well.

I suppose this is a good point. I still consider BBS to be one of the best games in the series overall, but KH1 and CoM were definitely superior in plot. BBS had a ton of potential, but didn't live up entirely to it.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Meh. IDK about that; Darth Vader's sacrifice in Return of The Jedi was actually rather moving, not cheap. And I was actually referring to Terra making a sacrifice after regaining control. xD

But it could still be done cheaply, I suppose. Nomura loves being cheap at times. :c

Darth Vader is nothing like Terra. His sacrifice is moving because he defied enormous amounts of selfishness and corruption to save his son at the expense of his own life, going against essentially everything he is in the process. Any sacrifice on Terra's part, on the other hand, would be giving in -- he's already made it clear that he doesn't care about his own life (he asks Aqua to "put an end to [him]" instead of asking her to save him!), and that he doesn't care what it takes to reach his goals anymore. There's no struggle there, whether he's been physically freed or not -- he doesn't value himself at all anymore.

Theart

Awards
Darth Vader is nothing like Terra. His sacrifice is moving because he defied enormous amounts of selfishness and corruption to save his son at the expense of his own life, going against essentially everything he is in the process. Any sacrifice on Terra's part, on the other hand, would be giving in -- he's already made it clear that he doesn't care about his own life (he asks Aqua to "put an end to [him]" instead of asking her to save him!), and that he doesn't care what it takes to reach his goals anymore. There's no struggle there, whether he's been physically freed or not -- he doesn't value himself at all anymore.

True, I suppose.

But again, Nomura is incredibly cheap and predictable. So Terra sacrificing himself would be something I can see Nomura doing quite easily.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
True, I suppose.

But again, Nomura is incredibly cheap and predictable. So Terra sacrificing himself would be something I can see Nomura doing quite easily.

That might be true, but he also doesn't seem particularly inclined to kill any of his characters if he has something worse he can do to them. Dead, Terra is free from the consequences of his fall to darkness; alive, he's got a big bundle of misplaced guilt and trauma and self-loathing and long-festering impotent rage to work through, which is the form Nomura's latent cynicism generally seems to take.

Theart

Awards
That might be true, but he also doesn't seem particularly inclined to kill any of his characters if he has something worse he can do to them. Dead, Terra is free from the consequences of his fall to darkness; alive, he's got a big bundle of misplaced guilt and trauma and self-loathing and long-festering impotent rage to work through, which is the form Nomura's latent cynicism generally seems to take.

Perhaps. Either way is predictable of Nomura~ xD

Theart

Awards
... That'd be because Riku never failed, except in KH1. In the rest of the series (bar his arguably OOC attitude in Days), he's the best male character in the series.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
You have to admit though... if anything, Terra's stupidity and foolish mistakes were analyzed by Xemnas and made him a freaking genius.

Theart

Awards
You have to admit though... if anything, Terra's stupidity and foolish mistakes were analyzed by Xemnas and made him a freaking genius.

True, but while Xemnas is arguably the evil version of Terra, I consider them to be two totally different characters.

I suspect that Xemnas' vast intelligence may be added into Terra when he's rescued, which would make him an incredible ally against MX.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
True, but while Xemnas is arguably the evil version of Terra, I consider them to be two totally different characters.

I suspect that Xemnas' vast intelligence may be added into Terra when he's rescued, which would make him an incredible ally against MX.

I hope so. Though I feel like Terra being saved and MX being destroyed for good may all happen within minutes of each other.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I found this excellent post on gamefaqs

"You make a strong argument," Terra said, convinced.

"Right, so go ahead and open your heart to darkness then," Master Xehanort said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you're apparently like an uncle to me, should I simply not question your motives?" Terra asked.

Xehanort paused for a moment. "... Yes."

~~~{U}~~~

"Right, so go ahead and carry my big box that's obviously full of loot all across the island," Captain Hook said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you've only got one hand and thus are defenseless, should I also fight off anyone who attempts to take it?" Terra asked.

Captain Hook paused for a moment. "... Yes."

~~~{U}~~~

"Right, so go ahead and tell me your bank account details," Scrooge McDuck said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you seem like a shrewd entrepreneur, should I also give you the details of my friends' accounts too?" Terra asked.

Scrooge paused for a moment. "... Yes

CA59

"Right, so go ahead and open your heart to darkness then," Master Xehanort said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you're apparently like an uncle to me, should I simply not question your motives?" Terra asked.

~~~{U}~~~

"Right, so go ahead and carry my big box that's obviously full of loot all across the island," Captain Hook said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you've only got one hand and thus are defenseless, should I also fight off anyone who attempts to take it?" Terra asked.

~~~{U}~~~

"Right, so go ahead and tell me your bank account details," Scrooge McDuck said, trying not to laugh.

"Because you seem like a shrewd entrepreneur, should I also give you the details of my friends' accounts too?" Terra asked.

LMAO Terra is a complete retard!

Theart

Awards

~~~{U}~~~

~~~{U}~~~

That's going in the OP. What was the name of the original poster? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back