• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sunset Hill Meeting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamibakura

when riku ,namine and axel meet at sunset hill are they in the Real twilight town or the virtual one?somebody would have seen them in the Real TT .how did namine escape ansem the wise after the events at the white room?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
After the events of the white room, the next place we see Naminè is when she is being taken by Riku, along with Axel, to be "eliminated." So, we can assume that she didn't escape, as she is being manhandled by Riku, and we can assume that she was sent to be taken care of after the events of the white room. As for the outcome of that encounter, well, you already know.

As for the Twilight Town, the real one. No reason to go to the fake one ever again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
when riku ,namine and axel meet at sunset hill are they in the Real twilight town or the virtual one?somebody would have seen them in the Real TT .how did namine escape ansem the wise after the events at the white room?

It is the real Twilight Town.

If there is one thing Days taught us, it is that people don't give a damn about what they see in Twilight Town. Weird cloaked people? Okay that's normal. There have been weird people in black coats coming in and out of their town for years now.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It's probably realistic to assume that they're the real people, and there just simply wasn't anyone else on the hill that day. We know that they were away from DiZ by this point, so there'd be no reason for them to go back into the virtual world after escaping.

Namine didn't so much escape from DiZ as she was freed by Riku. Ansem had already planned to have Riku execute Namine (as we saw a few scenes earlier), so DiZ probably just handed her off to Riku and expected him to go kill her in another room.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
These answers did pop a question in mind. Did Diz know Namine was able to "return" to Kairi like Roxas did with Sora?

My gut says he did but still wanted her dead because he didn't want the organization to snatch her up again to start COM all over again.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
These answers did pop a question in mind. Did Diz know Namine was able to "return" to Kairi like Roxas did with Sora?

My gut says he did but still wanted her dead because he didn't want the organization to snatch her up again to start COM all over again.

Honestly, I just assumed he wanted her dead since DiZ is a racist prick.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Good question. I get the feeling that even if he had known, he probably would've wanted the quicker and more convenient solution. Having her rejoin with Kairi would've meant they would have to find her, which would mean traveling through more Dark Corridors, then searching through the whole dumb world... Better to just get her out of the way quickly before CoM repeated itself.

Besides, the guy really hated Nobodies at the time. Killing one probably would've meant very little to him.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know, now that I think about it, maybe he didn't know. After all, it is Ansem the Wise who deduced that Naminé was born from Sora and not Kairi. Maybe for that reason he thought, if anyone, she would have to return to Sora and not Kairi?

And since Naminé, though having been created from him, wasn't originally a part of Sora like Roxas was... Maybe Ansem thought having her return to Sora (if that would even be possible) could possibly mess him up? And obviously that was something Ansem didn't want, as he'd spent an entire year trying to fix Sora so he could go up against the Organization.

IDK. Just some food for thought:)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
My interest isn't really if that would have changed what DiZ actually did (He was probably going to plan to kill Namy anyways) but if he actually ponder that if Namine dies, if that will negatively impact Sora or Kairi.

Basically if DiZ knew or was confident that Namine was part of Kairi, was he reckless in not thinking that maybe that can come back to bite him late if Kairi had some weird effects to her.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
And here's another thought, maybe. The reason Roxas (and Xion) had to return to Sora was because they were carrying his stolen memories.

Naminé, however, had nothing like that for Kairi.

Maybe Ansem thought the "returning" process only worked if you had something of the original Somebody to give back to them? Otherwise, maybe he thought Roxas and Naminé would have been completely different entities from Sora and Kairi, and thus their bodies would have rejected them?

I don't really believe this, btw. If anything, I just feel like Ansem was being an impatient jerk with his order to Riku about Naminé (though maybe the idea that he thought Naminé would have to return to Sora and not Kairi does hold some weight), but it's fun to speculate nonetheless;)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
And here's another thought, maybe. The reason Roxas (and Xion) had to return to Sora was because they were carrying his stolen memories.

Naminé, however, had nothing like that for Kairi.

Maybe Ansem thought the "returning" process only worked if you had something of the original Somebody to give back to them? Otherwise, maybe he thought Roxas and Naminé would have been completely different entities from Sora and Kairi, and thus their bodies would have rejected them?

I don't really believe this, btw. If anything, I just feel like Ansem was being an impatient jerk with his order to Riku about Naminé (though maybe the idea that he thought Naminé would have to return to Sora and not Kairi does hold some weight), but it's fun to speculate nonetheless;)

Yea to me the interesting part is since DiZ and Namy spent so much time together, could DiZ pick up that she was Kairi's other and if it was possible for her to return even though she didn't take anything from Kairi.

But again if DiZ figured out Namine came mostly from Sora he must have made the connection that maybe Namine carries something vital Sora needs.

Maybe DiZ was nuts enough to amalgamate Roxas/Namy so they both enter Sora the same time lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This reason isn't just a thought or theory, it is the actual confirmed reason as to why Roxas and Xion had to fuse with Sora. Naminé herself states it in the game Days proper:
Days said:
Riku: What happened?

Naminé: Some of Sora's memories are missing.

Riku: How can that be? Naminé:

They're escaping through Sora's Nobody into a third person-- and now they're starting to become a part of her.

Riku: You can't get the memories back out.

Naminé: If they're still separate...then yes, I think so.
(She looks at the sketchbook on the table of the picture of Axel, Roxas, and Xion)

Naminé: But if they join with her memories, things get a lot more complicated. I would need to untangle her memory before I could finish Sora's... What was supposed to take months might take years. DiZ would be furious.

Riku: So what's the solution?

Naminé: If I try to just jump in and rearrange her memory...then I risk Sora waking up to find out that nobody remembers him anymore. I can't do that to him. It's too late either way. His awakening will have to be delayed. I never imagined Sora's Nobody and the other one would fight so hard to be their own people. Unfortunately, the only real solution...is for them both to go away.

It was Naminé messing with Sora's memory that sealed Roxas' fate as well as it was the catalyst for Xion even being properly created.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
This reason isn't just a thought or theory, it is the actual confirmed reason as to why Roxas and Xion had to fuse with Sora. Naminé herself states it in the game Days proper:

It was Naminé messing with Sora's memory that sealed Roxas' fate as well as it was the catalyst for Xion even being properly created.

Thank you for the reply, Sephiroth. I really admire you, you know that? You're a very kind person, who always seems to go out of their way to help anyone confused with the series in any way that you can. That's very amazing, and I--and I'm sure many others--thank you for it.

However, in this particular moment, I actually already knew that. ^_^' And now I'm realizing I should have worded my earlier statement better. So sorry for the confusion! I wasn't saying that the Roxas and Xion having to return to Sora because of the stolen memories thing was up in the air. But rather that maybe DiZ thought Naminé couldn't return to Kairi herself, unless she also had something like that to give back to her?

Once again, I apologize for the hassle. And I thank you for taking the time to try and help me. -bows-

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thank you for the reply, Sephiroth. I really admire you, you know that? You're a very kind person, who always seems to go out of their way to help anyone confused with the series in any way that you can. That's very amazing, and I--and I'm sure many others--thank you for it.

However, in this particular moment, I actually already knew that. ^_^' And now I'm realizing I should have worded my earlier statement better. So sorry for the confusion! I wasn't saying that the Roxas and Xion having to return to Sora because of the stolen memories thing was up in the air. But rather that maybe DiZ thought Naminé couldn't return to Kairi herself, unless she also had something like that to give back to her?

Once again, I apologize for the hassle. And I thank you for taking the time to try and help me. -bows-

Aww, thank you.

Ah I see, it was a comparison to Naminé's situation.
Well, for Naminé, she's such an anomaly that it is hard to say if anything in the "returning" topic that counts for Roxas' case can actually count for her.
The primary reason she returns to Kairi is because she was born from Kairi's heart, as that's strictly spoken her origin. Sora's body may have been used as an intermediary to make Naminé "manifest" in the first place, but that does not change the fact that she was created from and by Kairi's heart in the process of being released from Sora's body.
The Secret Ansem reports No. 9 and 10 also speak about Naminé essential "role" and status as a being.
That DiZ didn't really think about Naminé more than that and was content with having Riku "erase" her was probably due to the twofold reasoning that a) it would take too much hassle and time, DiZ was only going through this whole thing for Sora because he wanted to use the powers of the Keyblade to destroy the Organisation, not because he actually liked him or something so he could care even less about Naminé or Kairi and b) he knew that Kairi was already existing fine due to being a Princess with Naminé only being a leftover anomaly that by all accounts should have never been born anyways, so once her "job" was done she was just leftover baggage in his eyes.

It's ok, not really a hassle at all. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back