• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Suikoden Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite Suikoden game?

• Suikoden (original)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suikoden II

• Suikoden III

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Suikoden IV

• Suikoden V

• Spinoff/ Handheld entries

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
SuikodenManual.jpg
Suikoden2_NA.jpg
Suikoden_3.jpg
SuikodenIV_cover.jpg
_-Suikoden-V-PS2-_.jpg

Alright guys so I just felt that this series deserved a thread here for people to talk about. I know It hasn't had a release for a long while, and a main title release for even longer, but it's still a great series and I hope KH Insider has some Suikoden fans. For those who don't know the Genso Suikoden series is an RPG and, for a basic description, you go to war against different enemy groups in each game and one of the main goals and trademarks of the series is gathering the 108 Stars of Destiny to aid you in your efforts. Suikoden III is my personal favorite because it was the first one in the series I played and I love the characters in it. I want everyone to talk about their favorite game, characters, enemies, cities, HQ's, runes, battle systems, etc. in the series.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Suikoden II is a good game but fans tend to overrate its story a bit. I didn't feel it was that much better than typical JRPG storytelling, just a different focus because of the grander political content. The 108 recruitable character stuff is cool but the problem is most of them are one-note to a fault and not that engaging as people. We've come a long way since those times so I don't think we should really be holding its story up on a pedestal.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
You know funnily enough II is the one I hear about the most but that's the only one out of the main titles that I haven't played. While you're right that there are many one-note characters there are plenty of interesting ones to go around and the mystery surrounding some of the them and the overall story of the series is what I like the most about the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back