• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The success of NieR: Automata

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheAuronSavior

Look, I haven't played a Drakengard game for the life of me. But I have seen the reviews for every Drakengard game (that includes NieR, of course) and a lot of critics have very mixed opinions about these games. With that being said, that makes me question: Will the same happen to the new NieR game? It seems that developers at SE don't seem to add much to the subsequent releases to make these games like Picasso-level stuff, and ends up being quite mediocre in the end. But this time, we have PlatinumGames, the people behind games like Bayonetta 1 and 2, MGR Revengance and MadWorld. But seeing how recent titles they've released have been quite average to down right awful *cough* TMNT: Mutants in Mahattan *cough*
,is PG going to end up releasing a title that is as mediocre as the other games, or a title that garners much acclaim and stands amongst the greatest titles in SE's lineup?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Look, I haven't played a Drakengard game for the life of me. But I have seen the reviews for every Drakengard game (that includes NieR, of course) and a lot of critics have very mixed opinions about these games. With that being said, that makes me question: Will the same happen to the new NieR game? It seems that developers at SE don't seem to add much to the subsequent releases to make these games like Picasso-level stuff, and ends up being quite mediocre in the end. But this time, we have PlatinumGames, the people behind games like Bayonetta 1 and 2, MGR Revengance and MadWorld. But seeing how recent titles they've released have been quite average to down right awful *cough* TMNT: Mutants in Mahattan *cough*
,is PG going to end up releasing a title that is as mediocre as the other games, or a title that garners much acclaim and stands amongst the greatest titles in SE's lineup?

PG had their B-team working on those pretty lackluster projects (i.e. Korra, TMNT). I think Star Fox is a bit of a weird exception.

NieR Automata has their A-team working on it, which means quality gameplay. The story is being done by Yoko Taro, so that will be the same. So it will likely go down as a great title.

Back