• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Street Fighter V Thread !

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Yuk

Here comes a new challenger!

Announced officially December 5 during the Playstation Experience event, the next installment of the Street Fighter saga want to improve what we have already seen in the 4th chapter (again and again, thanks to the several edition of the game).
For what we know so far, the game is going to be a console exclusive: in fact, it will come out on PS4 and PC only, pissing of Xbox's users; plus, it will have cross-play between PC and Playstation 4. From the trailer, it can be viewed a more marked cartoonish style (look at those muscles, damn!), some new moves and the return of the stage transition (old Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo days, uh?):

What do you guys think? Let me know :)

2ptz4i1.jpg

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
There seems to be some confusion as to why it's not being released on Xbox One. In short, it's because Sony is funding the development of the game.

Capcom is more or less up for sale to the highest bidder at this point. They're bleeding money and they're basically blowing whatever they have left on Resident Evil and mobile games. Last year, Ono explained that not only did they lack resources necessary to start development on a new Street Fighter game but they couldn't even afford to do a quality port of USFIV for the next-gen consoles. Sony saw an opportunity to make a deal and took it. Not only are they funding SFV but they're also porting USFIV to PS4 themselves, which is why that port is not coming to Xbox One either.

It's a win-win situation for both Sony and Capcom. If not for this deal, SFV would either not have been developed until ~2018 according to Ono, if at all. Sony might just have saved Capcom from going out of business. It should be noted that Deep Down is also being funded by Sony. Because of their good relations, it's entirely possible that Capcom will continue to offer Sony to fund more games that will end up being exclusive to their consoles.

Last but not least, SFV is also coming to PC because it's not in direct competition with the PS4. Sony is also likely to earn money from the sales of the PC version (the same way Microsoft is earning money through Minecraft now). I think that the majority of the people who don't own a PS4 but are interested in this game would either buy the PC version or not buy the game at all.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Jesus, I knew Capcom was in the shitter but I didn't know they were this far deep in it.

Serves them right for trying to turn a profit at the expense of gamers.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
If I knew more details about the system mechanics, I might get hype.

Until then, it's pretty whatever.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;s_q1o8g19A8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_q1o8g19A8[/video]

g-g-g-get hype for a true current gen bideo gaem with noodle hats

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I have to confess that I've never really been a big fan of Street Fighter. I've never really been a big fan of 2D fighting games in general. But I decided to pick up a cheap copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for the PS2. After having done some research, I've come to the conclusion that it definitely seems to be the best console port of SFIII not counting the Online version (as I don't do "digital only"). And I finally got a stick for my PS2 so I'm ready to give this series another go.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;PuVsrCl89Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuVsrCl89Ns[/video]
Stone Cold Stunner AND Cesaro Swing? Be still my heart.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
[video=youtube;ZkZDxRkj-WY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZDxRkj-WY[/video]

mmmmm... Fighting games are tasty.

Also have a Karin trailer

[video=youtube;ydvepsO0HyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvepsO0HyQ[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back