• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
Can someone catch me up to speed on the main story to chi? I haven't played it at all, and the only thread like this I could find with search was months old.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: the story?

Nothing much has changed in the months since that last thread.

This thread is the new hotness from today's story update.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Question to those on Chi. How long is this suppose to last? It just seems like there's something new time to time.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
"Supposed to last"? You mean the whole game? I'm not quite sure how to approach that question. The game doesn't have a specified end date, short of "once it runs out of money." I imagine we might reach a major waypoint in the story near the release of KH3 but who can say?

If you're asking about the story update, most story updates in this game are permanent. The only temporary ones have been the Crystals of Light event, which wasn't even that important, and the Anniversary event, which detailed Mickey, Donald and Goofy coming to Daybreak Town... somehow.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Question to those on Chi. How long is this suppose to last? It just seems like there's something new time to time.
I'd bet that the story updates are being paced based on the progress of KHIII. So it'll probably finish up just in time for III to release. Whenever that is.

digimikej

Awards
so, after reading through everything you guys have provided so far (thank you, by the way) I have a few questions still: why do we think this is a data world?and is the Tome of Prophecy the new term for the Foretellers Texts?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
why do we think this is a data world?

Personally I believe it is because the player(s) are visiting worlds that they couldn't possibly be visiting in the past. Also just vague things like the existence of somebody in a black coat in what is supposed to be the past, the multiple Chirithys that every player has...

and is the Tome of Prophecy the new term for the Foretellers Texts?

The Tome of Prophecy (known as the Book of Prophecy in the localization of Re:coded HD Theater) is the book that the Foretellers were given. The "text" is the prophecy at the end of the book.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Other reasons to believe the story is taking place in a data world include the modern-day Emblem Heartless. Emblems didn't exist until Apprentice Xehanort created them, but if ti was a data world, they may have simply waltzed in like they did during coded. If it's not a data world, it could still be historical, but you have to pretend the Emblem Heartless and Disney plots are just there for fluff.

Another reason Data Worlds look so appealing is because KH3D made such a big deal about them, but there's almost no way they KH3 could fit them in! Take a look at the stuff KH3 has to resolve: 1) Rescuing Aqua, 2) Rescuing Ventus, 3) possibly rescuing Terra, 4) Possibly reviving Roxas, 5) possibly reviving Xion, 6) figuring out who the seven Lights are, 7) figuring out who the 13 darknesses are, 8) training Kairi, 9) connecting the games to KHX in general, 10) learning Xehanort's ultimate plan, 11) stopping Xehanort's ultimate plan, 12) clearing the usual allotment of Disney worlds and mini-games... AND including something about the Data Worlds. Yeesh!

But what if they took the Data Worlds into an entirely separate game - KHX - and then just had Mickey say "We've been running a simulation, here's what happened in the past!" This way we cover the Data Worlds and #9, possibly even #10, in a single swoop. It's done automatically and there's a lot less fuss and bother!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Watching 2.5's version of coded now, definitely more concrete reasons to believe the Datascape theory in this. (and loving how they got them across!) Some of what others were saying a few days ago makes a lot more sense to me now.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Not to mention that Maleficent brought up a very relevant point where she said that a data world is just the same as a fairytale. It is not an analogy us from this age of technology will think of, but it makes perfect sense. The Internet world is intangible, we are unable to physically enter it. Ignoring all of the real life reasons of how the Internet work, it is just as mystical as a fairytale.

My problem is if it really is a datascape, is it created by the good guys or the bad guys?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I agree! And a very good question!

We might be able to narrow the possible answers. It seems like Maleficent is hinting that the Book of Prophecies could be used to make a datascape. If that's what's going on in KHX... who has the Book of Prophecies?

There are so many possibilities as to where the Book of Prophecies ended up. Yen Sid could have it (I remember there being a theory about that), or Disney Castle, which would mean the good guys are running the simulation. If it fell into Darkness or on the Keyblade Graveyard, Maleficent or the Organization could have it. If it was found by Ansem the Wise or Apprentice Xehanort, it would have been kept in Hollow Bastion, which means anyone could have it.

The most reasonable place for it to be would be The Land of Departure / Castle Oblivion, but then no one would have it. And that can't be if someone's using it in the datascape.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There are so many possibilities as to where the Book of Prophecies ended up. Yen Sid could have it (I remember there being a theory about that), or Disney Castle, which would mean the good guys are running the simulation. If it fell into Darkness or on the Keyblade Graveyard, Maleficent or the Organization could have it. If it was found by Ansem the Wise or Apprentice Xehanort, it would have been kept in Hollow Bastion, which means anyone could have it.

The most reasonable place for it to be would be The Land of Departure / Castle Oblivion, but then no one would have it. And that can't be if someone's using it in the datascape.

Uh, don't you forget that there are more than one book of prophecies? If I remember correctly each of the five Foretellers had one so there exist five of them. That broadens the possibilities even further.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Uh, don't you forget that there are more than one book of prophecies? If I remember correctly each of the five Foretellers had one so there exist five of them. That broadens the possibilities even further.

Nope: the five Fortellers have read the one book, and the book was split up in the sense that it was turned into the cards used in KHX, but there aren't five separate books.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's hard to find things in these translations.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Nope: the five Fortellers have read the one book, and the book was split up in the sense that it was turned into the cards used in KHX, but there aren't five separate books.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's hard to find things in these translations.
Japanese doesn't have plural form, which makes this kind of sticky with no official translation to go by.

But doesn't your Foreteller use the Book when cards get introduced to you? I think each of them has a Book.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Oh! I didn't remember that, okay, that's quite possible then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back