• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Start of the Original War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

darknessofheart

Awards
In DDD, Yen Did provides an account of the original Keyblade War, stating that the first shadows cast upon the land crafted Keyblades in the image of the X-Blade and commenced the war.

If the original Keyblade War started in the youth of MoM, I wonder if Yen Sid's account is more relevant now. Maybe the no name Keyblade wasn't created by MoM but taken as the last artifact of the start of the war. A demonic looking Keyblade forged from the first darkness to start the war.

This battle is what created the wasteland of the graveyard, as it's present even in X, and darkness sacrificed its form to defeat the light, giving up its ability to wield a Keyblade, which was taken by MoM to use as an asset in his plans to destroy the darkness, becoming the oldest Keyblade in existence. It would be somewhat fitting to MoM's personality to use the darkness' original weapon against them. He would find ironic humor in it.

Last edited:

Keybladeguy989

Awards
When and where did the MoM original come from is the biggest question to me. the future?the past? Scala? Destiny islands?

okhi12

Awards
Xehanort's Report VI (BBS):
There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart.The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light.

Despite its appearance the No Name is a keyblade of light, just like Oblivion, Way to Dawn, End of Pain, Chaos Ripper, Void Gear and any dark-looking keyblade (keychain) we've seen so far. The only known keyblade of darkness is Mickey's Kingdom Key D, now Star Cluster.

I know keyblades of light and darkness are supposed to be classified depending on which realm they belong to, and I'm not sure how that translates to the time of the first Keyblade War, when all the worlds were still one and the Realms probably didn't exist in the same way as they're now in the present timeline, but still... if the No Name was forged by darkness I don't think Xehanort would count it as a keyblade of light, unless A) there's virtually nothing to tell apart light and dark keyblades and Xehanort just assumed or was told the No Name belonged to light (I highly doubt this), or B) Xehanort was deliberately lying in that report, which would be a very weird and nonsensical retcon.

AR829038

Awards
Xehanort's Report VI (BBS):
There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart.The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light.

Despite its appearance the No Name is a keyblade of light, just like Oblivion, Way to Dawn, End of Pain, Chaos Ripper, Void Gear and any dark-looking keyblade (keychain) we've seen so far. The only known keyblade of darkness is Mickey's Kingdom Key D, now Star Cluster.

I know keyblades of light and darkness are supposed to be classified depending on which realm they belong to, and I'm not sure how that translates to the time of the first Keyblade War, when all the worlds were still one and the Realms probably didn't exist in the same way as they're now in the present timeline, but still... if the No Name was forged by darkness I don't think Xehanort would count it as a keyblade of light, unless A) there's virtually nothing to tell apart light and dark keyblades and Xehanort just assumed or was told the No Name belonged to light (I highly doubt this), or B) Xehanort was deliberately lying in that report, which would be a very weird and nonsensical retcon.
To my understanding, the Realms were the same then as they are now—the Realms of Light, Darkness, and In-Between. The only difference then was that the Realm of Light was one cohesive world, whereas now it's split apart and subdivided by invisible barriers. The Realm of Darkness has been completely unchanged since that era, and probably since the beginning of time itself given how primordial that place appears. As for the Realm of In-Between and its associated worlds, I have no clue. The In-Between realm is very poorly defined in this series with regards to its overall layout and design.

Awards
When and where did the MoM original come from is the biggest question to me. the future?the past? Scala? Destiny islands?
I don't know when and where he came from.

But I have two individual hypotheses.
  • What if MoM is the incarnation of light that is similar to the Darkness, He and Darkness were originally one?(For example, like Ventus and Vanitas)
  • What if they were initially very close to each other like brothers or friends , But at some point, they were in conflict with each other due to a certain event and that eventually led to the first keyblade war?
Regarding the second view, i think they had a relationship like Cain and Abel from the old Testament.
According to Genesis Chapter 4, it said that Cain betrayed Abel and killed him by Jealousy.
What If the case that MoM is Cain and Darkness is Abel ...…?wtf.

These are possible because he is called "old friend" by the Darkness.(But it may be an ironic joke.)

Furthermore, his Gazing Eye pertains many keyblades of darkness (No Name, Void Gear, and so on.)
His eyeball are blue in color but obviously it doesn't seem to be human's one.(It is demon rather than human…)
Most of the keyblades suggestive of darkness that have appeared so far were originally his property.
Even though he is light side, he can calmly adapt a part of his body to the keyblades suggestive of darkness seem strange to me.(also he permit Luxu to use darkness power.)

And above all, his character, his speech and behavior, anything and everything are unconvincing and unreliable.
Anyway i think that he is shady and fishy, including his theme BGM.

because of these reasons, i recommand either of two theories(1 or 2) that
  1. MoM was originally one with Darkness, and separated as light and darkness. After that either of them betrayed and traped the other one. As a result, the first keyblade war has started and the Light began to fight with the darkness.
  2. In actuality, MoM and the Darkness were one and the same from the beginning, and everything was their(his) sock puppetry.

By the way, MoM has a character and doubtfulness resemblance to Ardyn from FF15, don't you think so?
What if he is given the same role as Ardyn from Versus in Quadratum saga??
I'm interested in that MoM's english voice actor is the same person as Noctis too…hmm

Last edited:
Back