• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The *spoiler* in BBS are not a plot hole

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

It's been thought that the Heartless did not come into creation until Xehanort's experiments in Radiant Garden. This would mean AFTER the events of BBS. This is true. However it is also true that Heartless have existed before BBS as well. Pay close attention now:

The Heartless have existed for as long as humans have.

Heartless are created from the Darkness in people's hearts. So as long as people exist, so will the Heartless. The only way Neoshadows can be a plothole is if prior to BBS, everyone's heart was filled with nothing but light, thus there would be no darkness to create Heartless. But this is impossible as it is shown in BBS that Terra has darkness in his heart, as does Ven at one point.
Neoshadows are Pureblood Heartless, meaning they are born directly from the hearts of people. It is safe to assume that EMBLEM Heartless did not appear until Xehanort's experiments.
We are talking about two separate groups of Heartless here.
I'm sure this has already been brought up, but I thought I'd give a more clear explanation.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Re: The Neoshadows in BBS are not a plot hole

Yeah, I kinda already knew this.

And wasn't it thought that the heartless were basically in their own realm, the realm of Darkness, until people started messing with it? *coughAnsemandhisApprenticescough*

Z

Zulkir

I don't think any official source ever said that Heartless don't exist at the time of bbs.

If anyone claims a source does, link the source.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

All TN said was they dont Appear durring the times of BBS.

Which is true because they only way they made there way into the world was thru MX's doing.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Yeah, I kinda already knew this.

And wasn't it thought that the heartless were basically in their own realm, the realm of Darkness, until people started messing with it? *coughAnsemandhisApprenticescough*

Actually, they already got out another way. Ansem and his apprentices just sped up their spread. The story was that Ansem (or apprentice Xehanort, don't quite remember) found a Heartless in the basement and then started experiments out of curiosity. Which led to the mass outbreak.

Their original appearance, like Vice said, was through MX machinations. Though I wonder what they did in the mean time.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Actually, they already got out another way.

At that time, I can think of only three ways to escape the RoD:
1. The DtD, which was locked, so the Heartless wouldn't be able to leave through that.
2. The DtL, which, if it is anything like the DtD, the Heartless would not have been able to pass through as they are not beings of light.
3. CoD, which would require someone to use (e.g., MX) to bring them out.

Besides, if the Heartless were roaming free, even if it was only a handful of them, then they would have quickly spread and we would have seen worlds loosing their walls and possibly their hearts because of them.

Ansem and his apprentices just sped up their spread.

It was Xehanort's experiments that caused Heartless to appear in the RoL. It is also possible that his experiments altered the Heartless in some way.

The story was that Ansem (or apprentice Xehanort, don't quite remember) found a Heartless in the basement and then started experiments out of curiosity. Which led to the mass outbreak.

No, the story is that Xehanort experimented on people's hearts, which ultimately caused the test subjects' hearts to collapse. He confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle, which, when he returned later, became the creatures we now know to be Heartless.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

lol what funny is i bet we were all like "wtf a neoshadow" but then we were like "oooooh duh pureblood". So we all got it after and it makes senseabout everything that happens after BBS.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

At that time, I can think of only three ways to escape the RoD:
1. The DtD, which was locked, so the Heartless wouldn't be able to leave through that.
2. The DtL, which, if it is anything like the DtD, the Heartless would not have been able to pass through as they are not beings of light.
3. CoD, which would require someone to use (e.g., MX) to bring them out.

Besides, if the Heartless were roaming free, even if it was only a handful of them, then they would have quickly spread and we would have seen worlds loosing their walls and possibly their hearts because of them.

It was Xehanort's experiments that caused Heartless to appear in the RoL. It is also possible that his experiments altered the Heartless in some way.

No, the story is that Xehanort experimented on people's hearts, which ultimately caused the test subjects' hearts to collapse. He confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle, which, when he returned later, became the creatures we now know to be Heartless.

facepalm Ok then, thanks for clearing that up. (feels like idiot for misunderstanding)

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards

I agree with this theory and most of the stuff that was added to it, especially OmniChaos' post. After all, don't Corridors of Darkness involve the Dark Realm anyways? I don't think it's a plot hole, just MX opening a door for some Neo Shadows to enter the Realm of Light.

A

Azrael

The natural born Heartless always existed.

The artificial ones were created by Xehanort.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I think its more interesting that MX knew about them, let alone had the power to control them.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Thank you for explaining this simple concept. As long as there is and has been darkness, there have been Heartless. Some people believe that they didn't exist until Xehanort performed his experiments, which isn't true.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

People honestly shouldnt of considered it a plothole. Xehanort created emblems not pureblood, they just wanted another reason to hate Nomura

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Originally Posted by The Paladin
People honestly shouldnt of considered it a plothole

I agree. Nomura isn't that stupid.

F

Fagren

Lol, a certain someone said Nomura "cheated" when he got proved wrong about the heartless being in BBS.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Well, that someone was wrong. All that Nomura said was that the Heartless didn't appear in the time span of BBS.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows

that only shows master xehanort is a badASS
anyway i dont really see why people make a big deal about it =/

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

All that Nomura said was that the Heartless didn't appear in the time span of BBS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nomura also stated that the Unversed could be seen as a sort of starting point for the Heartless.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nomura also stated that the Unversed could be seen as a sort of starting point for the Heartless.

I heard people say that too, but if you think about it, it kind of did. due to the incident of the unverse, xehanort was able to bring emblem heartless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back