• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Special Food of BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What will be the food item in BBS?

• Papou Fruit

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Sea Salt Ice Cream

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Lolli Pop

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cotton Candy

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Chocolate Bar

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Some Other Type of Fruit

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRoxasNobody

I would say papou fruit because Sora and Riku were the chosen ones by Terra and Ven for their Keyblades. And in the BBS pictures it showed TAV at DI watching SRK playing at the beach. And Lionheart, it is good. I've tried making my own Sea Salt Ice Cream and it was delicious.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I think it will probably be Sea Salt Ice Cream...does that sound good to anyone else? Though, I'm voting for Cotton Candy.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Actually, it is rather a staple for the games. It's bigger in KH2 than the Paopu ever could hope to be in the entire series combined, and whoever knows the series knows the Paopu. Hence everyone knows the Ice Cream, and it'll only keep showing up, making it even a more based 'trade mark'

But its only been in one game and played only around as much importance as the paopu fruit but the sea salt was shown more often.
Paopu showed alot of symbolism and it foreshadowed later events and Sora and Kairi's bond together.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Setting aside the fact that the few references of the Paopu fruit are Sora and Kairi's connection, you said yourself that the Sea-Salt is a lot more common than the Paopu.
Plus, they actually do eat it.

As for symbolism, I'd actually say the Sea Salt worked better since it represented the general image of a summer vacation with friends. It's the best time of your life - and then Roxas's summer vacation was over.
The Paopu has nothing going for it. Nothing.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Setting aside the fact that the few references of the Paopu fruit are Sora and Kairi's connection, you said yourself that the Sea-Salt is a lot more common than the Paopu.
Plus, they actually do eat it.

As for symbolism, I'd actually say the Sea Salt worked better since it represented the general image of a summer vacation with friends. It's the best time of your life - and then Roxas's summer vacation was over.
The Paopu has nothing going for it. Nothing.

are you just ignoring the fact that the paopu fruit makes your lives intertwine and that Sora and Kairi have their lives intertwine and are always apart of each other and that was forshadowed by the fact that Kairi's heart was with Sora the whole time.

The great summer thing is almost irrelevant to the storyline. Sure it shows the friendship between Roxas and co but thats not needed in the storyline. Nowhere near as much as the paopu fruit.
You can have your own opinion on the levels of conectivity to the story the foods have but to say the paopu has "Nothing going for it" is very wrong.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
are you just ignoring the fact that the paopu fruit makes your lives intertwine and that Sora and Kairi have their lives intertwine and are always apart of each other and that was forshadowed by the fact that Kairi's heart was with Sora the whole time.

They never actually shared a Paopu, I do hope you realize that.
And Kairi's Heart being in Sora's body is called PLOT. You know, KH does have it somewhere in there.

The great summer thing is almost irrelevant to the storyline.

Yeah, that's why you get a prologue for it. And then Sora crying when he's leaving Twilight Town. And Days being just about spammed with RAX eating Sea Salt in Twilight Town.

Sure it shows the friendship between Roxas and co but thats not needed in the storyline. Nowhere near as much as the paopu fruit.

...ok, wow. First off, go play Re:CoM, play Reverse Rebirth, and now see the ending credits. And I'd say friendship between Roxas and co is pretty damn important with how much attention it's been given.

You can have your own opinion on the levels of conectivity to the story the foods have but to say the paopu has "Nothing going for it" is very wrong.

Remove it. What did we change?
Kairi's Heart still goes into Sora's Body, making up for their so-called bond.
And the next time it's referenced iiiis... oh lawl. Never.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
What would really change if you took out the icecream? Sure it's been referenced more, but I think it's just as useless in the sense you're talking about Paopu fruit.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The ice cream was a much more active element in what it was supposed to represent, as opposed to the Paopu that was only relevant to Destiny Islands.
Axel gave Roxas the sea salt ice cream to deepen their friendship. They then shared it with Xion once she came along. Sora, Donald and Goofy then had a taste, and it was effin traced back to freaking Ansem the so-called-Wise.

If you took out the ice cream, you'd have to put something in to replace it, meaning it at least has an impact.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
it(ice cream) was used in 2 games...

im pretty sure a change in treat wouldn't be bad

And yet, the ice cream, as Rain previously mentioned, is also connected to the past days of Ansem the Wise, and therefore, Birth by Sleep as well.
There would be absolutely no point to building up the significance of this one item, including tying it to the past of KH, and then merely replacing it for something else; the ice cream is most likely destined to remain as the "Special Food" of the games.

Apollo

Silver Member
i dont see how it has so much significance

-Riku gave it to Sora for a clue

-Password for the Twilight Town system

- It was mention in various ways throughout the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back