• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Soul! in general...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Where does the soul go?

• Realm of Light

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Realm Inbetween

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Realm of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realm of Nothingnes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Neither of them

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I think that this is entire thread is completely confusing, because I think we were all debating over each other.

I love that idea(sorry inside joke)... and it is true

Im way behind both of yall.

But i wouldnt be surprise if i eventually pass yall.(im kidding myself)

Last edited:

eldest11

anyone else noticing how each game is based off of each part of the human i.e. KHI was about the heart KHII was about the body AND soul since the body is waste after death only souls are left for the enemies in BBS so.... can we agree they are directly related to the release of a soul after death?

.. go ahead and ignore this if you already noticed

keybladelegacy

Website
anyone else noticing how each game is based off of each part of the human i.e. KHI was about the heart KHII was about the body AND soul since the body is waste after death only souls are left for the enemies in BBS so....

Right..Right...

can we agree they are directly related to the release of a soul after death?
Ok I can agree with this

huh? why would we need to ignore this. You can voice your opinion.

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
anyone else noticing how each game is based off of each part of the human i.e. KHI was about the heart KHII was about the body AND soul since the body is waste after death only souls are left for the enemies in BBS so.... can we agree they are directly related to the release of a soul after death?

KH1 - Heart
CoM - Memories
KH2 - Body & Soul
Days - ... Memories again? o_O;
BBS - ?
Coded - ?

I don't really know if saying each game is based off of each part is true, it seems like they revolve around a certain part though or that that one part is important/specific to the game itself.

Legacy, you mean 'ignore', not 'annoy'.

keybladelegacy

Website
KH1 - Heart
CoM - Memories
KH2 - Body & Soul
Days - ... Memories again? o_O;
BBS - ?
Coded - ?

BBS- Friendship

I don't really know if saying each game is based off of each part is true, it seems like they revolve around a certain part though or that that one part is important/specific to the game itself.

Ya ok....

Legacy, you mean 'ignore', not 'annoy'.

Thanks I fixed it.

Muse

you look atrocious
BBS- Friendship

Friendship isn't a part of the human! D< o.o Oddly, that remind me of the FUN song from Spongebob.

Ugh... I dunno what'd BBS be. Maybe it's the Heart again? o.o Since it deals with, you know, the darkness and stuff? And that's usually associated with the Heart in KH?

lilmissrandom101

o.o Oddly, that remind me of the FUN song from Spongebob.

F-Is for friends who do stuff together :D!
Ugh... I dunno what'd BBS be. Maybe it's the Heart again? o.o Since it deals with, you know, the darkness and stuff? And that's usually associated with the Heart in KH?

I thought Nomura said BBS had to do w/ the heart? or was it something else? GAH I need to read the interviews again

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh but the one flaw when the soul leaves the body the body perishes and since the heart is in the body. I expect it perishes with the body.

There's a rather strong suggestion that it doesn't, actually. When the Riku Replica is dying, it asks Riku, "Where will my heart go? That is, if it doesn't disappear completely..." and Riku says that "It'll go somewhere." It's as much of an admission of "yes, we have an afterlife" as they can make, considering there's no character in a position to know for sure. (I suspect that hearts go to the real Kingdom Hearts after death, though that's just speculation)

One thing that needs to be remembered when dealing with metaphysics in Kingdom Hearts is that the naming conventions are rather different. The heart is the thing that we generally consider the soul - it contains the things that make a person who they are, and it's the thing that would go on to any kind of afterlife. The soul, on the other hand, is more like what we'd consider the spirit - it's more of a life-force/breath of life thing than anything that represents the person (and as such, no one really cares as much about what happens to it as what happens to the heart).

As such, the Unbirths very much could have a connection to the soul. After all, "never received the breath of life" would be a rather fitting definition for "unborn." I'm not sure what, exactly, that would make them, though.

Muse

you look atrocious
There's a rather strong suggestion that it doesn't, actually. When the Riku Replica is dying, it asks Riku, "Where will my heart go? That is, if it doesn't disappear completely..." and Riku says that "It'll go somewhere." It's as much of an admission of "yes, we have an afterlife" as they can make, considering there's no character in a position to know for sure. (I suspect that hearts go to the real Kingdom Hearts after death, though that's just speculation)

Hearts don't naturally go to Kingdom Hearts, I don't think. o.o

And he's talking about if someway or another, the soul is extracted from the body, then the person dies. :x And the soul would be the one to go to an afterlife, wouldn't it? Considering it's the very reason you are alive in KH?

One thing that needs to be remembered when dealing with metaphysics in Kingdom Hearts is that the naming conventions are rather different. The heart is the thing that we generally consider the soul - it contains the things that make a person who they are, and it's the thing that would go on to any kind of afterlife. The soul, on the other hand, is more like what we'd consider the spirit - it's more of a life-force/breath of life thing than anything that represents the person (and as such, no one really cares as much about what happens to it as what happens to the heart).

As such, the Unbirths very much could have a connection to the soul. After all, "never received the breath of life" would be a rather fitting definition for "unborn." I'm not sure what, exactly, that would make them, though.

Soul/Spirit = Same thing or same concept. =/

keybladelegacy

Website
Friendship isn't a part of the human! D< o.o Oddly, that remind me of the FUN song from Spongebob.

I know but its a reoccuring theme.:pSpongebob....

I'll be repeating myself if i answer this and then we will start going in a circle. So i'll leave it alone.

F-Is for friends who do stuff together :D!
U is for u and me:D!

I thought Nomura said BBS had to do w/ the heart? or was it something else? GAH I need to read the interviews again

I know that he said the process of the unbirths gives it the true meaning of the word. Something like that.

Muse

you look atrocious
I'll be repeating myself if i answer this and then we will start going in a circle. So i'll leave it alone.

Damn.

U is for u and me:D!

N is for nywhere and nytime at all! D:!

I know that he said the process of the unbirths gives it the true meaning of the word. Something like that.

So, the name is different than what the Heartless' and Nobodies' names were? o.o; Like, Heartless refers to them being cruel and acting on instinct and Nobody refers to them not having an identity? Or is it same principal, only different?

You confuzzled me with your post.

Last edited:

keybladelegacy

Website
There's a rather strong suggestion that it doesn't, actually.

I'll like to hear it.

When the Riku Replica is dying, it asks Riku, "Where will my heart go? That is, if it doesn't disappear completely..." and Riku says that "It'll go somewhere."

It was created by Vexen so how does it have a heart....Hmmmm...
It's as much of an admission of "yes, we have an afterlife" as they can make, considering there's no character in a position to know for sure. (I suspect that hearts go to the real Kingdom Hearts after death, though that's just speculation)

Im not big on what Kingdom Hearts is. But the one in Kingdom Hearts 1 was the (hearts of worlds). In KH 2 the (heart of men) anyway i doubt the heart goes somewhere.

This really depends on your opinion does it not...:)

I believe the unbirths involves the soul

keybladelegacy

Website
So, the name is different than what the Heartless' and Nobodies' names were? o.o; Like, Heartless refers to them being cruel and acting on instinct and Nobody refers to them not having an identity? Or is it same principal, only different?

You confuzzled me with your post.

I meant this

Nomura on Unbirths said:
There is meaning in various ways, adding "un" creates the opposite meaning of "birth" thus the "unbirth". With this, the "unborn" is given real meaning. Unbirths designate the feeling of this game's motif. The kind of existence they have will be revealed soon.

Muse

you look atrocious
Cuz like... if you remove the suffix/prefix of the word, you get what they are. O:

Heartless - less = Heart
Nobody - No = Body
Unbirth - un = Birth and that could go on to equal soul because you can't be alive or whatever without a soul!

keybladelegacy

Website
Oh... I think I get it.

Heartless = The Hearts
Nobodies = The bodies and souls
Unbirths = Souls?

We're going round in circles again.

Yay. Maybe we might get somewhere.:)

Maybe we should wait til the game comes out...?
Then ALL of our problems will be solved! :E

Uhhhhh... whats the fun in that.-_-

keybladelegacy

Website
Going around in circles is fun. So, have you gotten any ideas for your theory regarding Unbirths from this thread?

Well... im trying to narrow down the possibilities.

The soul is neutral. One can be persuaded to go to one side not the other.
What you do imprints your soul and which determines what realm your soul goes.
The soul is infused with darkness
The soul is consumed by darkness

Hopefully I'll found more these are from the top of my head.:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back