• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sora Sig Tutorial! Beginner to Intermediate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Sorry if there are spelling mistakes in this one, lol. I stayed up all night making it.

PART 1:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

PART 2:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyways, the idea behind this tut was to hold the learner's hand and then gradually let them go off and doing mostly their own thing by the end. It's more of a good weaning tut; for those that know how to work PS but still need a little help and want to be more independent.

Bleh, I'm probably going to sleep for a month now, lol.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm going to use this snazzy tutorial as reference! So I can get used to PS Elements :D

RaginRiku

D= I was going to try following this tutorioal, but I have ps elements. Thus, I don't have advanced brush options. Guess I'll make do with what I have for now =/ I had some decent stock too *sniff*

Edit: Oh, and what's a C4D?

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
D= I was going to try following this tutorioal, but I have ps elements. Thus, I don't have advanced brush options. Guess I'll make do with what I have for now =/ I had some decent stock too *sniff*

Edit: Oh, and what's a C4D?

3D shape such as:

bhxfd3.png

Hope that helps. If you get GIMP 2.8 you can at least translate this tutorial a little. I could help with that.

RaginRiku

3D shape such as:

bhxfd3.png

Hope that helps. If you get GIMP 2.8 you can at least translate this tutorial a little. I could help with that.

Oh! I should've know what that was =P
Most everything is the same for elements from what I've seen so far. But, I'm sure cs has much more I just don't know about. I might get gimp if I get fed up with pse.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Oh! I should've know what that was =P
Most everything is the same for elements from what I've seen so far. But, I'm sure cs has much more I just don't know about. I might get gimp if I get fed up with pse.

I used PSE once and was fed up with the amount of options I didn't have. The only thing I enjoyed about PSE was that the layer settings were better.

D.D.D

Her's my attempt =) Like I said, I needed to skip a few steps here and there.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's....that's really good! I like the green you chose for the splatters, along with the other colors. The blending is superb, as well. Overall, a great result. :) A little bit of the clipping mask splatters got on Mr. Axel's face, but not enough to really take away from the tag.

I'm not the best of these, so I did my best. If you see anything blindingly wrong, please tell me so I can improve x_x

2tgEd.png

That's a pretty good result, too! :D The blending of the render is amazing, your C4D placement and choice is good, and the lighting source's placement is good. The only thing I'd suggest for improvement is maybe add some more clipping masks in places farther away from the render, just to add more variety. And the light is a little teensy bit too strong on her face.

But everything else is spot on. Good work! :)

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
This has just blown my mind. Before, I had never even thought about using clipping masks on top of the stock! Thanks for the tutorial~

D.D.D

This has just blown my mind. Before, I had never even thought about using clipping masks on top of the stock! Thanks for the tutorial~

Yeah, I almost always use the clipping masks on top. They help to add variety and, when used right next to the render, can be used to help blend it in.

And you're welcome! :) I'll be making a few new tutorials soon, so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back