• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sora Fan-Club! (also the home of JesuSora)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
that's the thing with young boys...as they get older they gain masculinity...

localorange

Every-day behavior, I mean. And I was talking more about the blunt, sickening references to Sora's lines in past games they gave Ven.
Sure, Ven might've been kind to a fault but as we don't know if he's the kind to blurt out how "his friends are his power", whereas friendships and protecting one's friends was a theme BBS itself established for Sora and Riku, it adds up to me it's Sora's fault, and not Ven's. :3

Does it honestly matter? And remember that Ven being overly kind, innocent, and naive is also thanks to Xehanort pulling the darkness out of Ven's heart and creating Vanitas. Master Xehanort is almost exclusively the reason why Ven's got the mindset of a 10 year old kid sometimes.

I prefer to comfort myself by developing a head canon that says whatever bad that happens to Sora in the future, Ven will fix it when his heart awakens. IE (theoretically): When Sora finally frees Ven, he looses the power of the keyblade. But as a way to express his gratitude for all Sora's done, Ven performs the initiation ceremony on Sora, thus giving him his own power to wield the keyblade. Then Ven proceeds to take Sora on as his apprentice, re-teaching everything that Sora forgot with the loss of wielding the power of the keyblade. I mean - it's the very least Ven can do. XDD

This of course, relies on if the fate deem Ven to be keyblade master material. But regardless, it gives me comfort in the end. XDD

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And remember that Ven being overly kind, innocent, and naive is also thanks to Xehanort pulling the darkness out of Ven's heart and creating Vanitas. Master Xehanort is almost exclusively the reason why Ven's got the mindset of a 10 year old kid sometimes.

I agree about the mind-set but that's mostly because he lost his Memories. I for one am not a believer in the Light being good emotions while the Darkness is negative ones. The Darkness is attracted to negative emotions, yes, and it fuels them, but it doesn't equal them. Think to Kairi's grandma's story - the negative emotions came first, and only then was the Darkness born. So Ven having no Darkness in his Heart isn't a guarantee that he'll be a sweetheart.

When Sora finally frees Ven, he looses the power of the keyblade.

That's unlikely to happen as while I do believe that Ven was why Sora was able to Wield originally in KH (if Riku is related to Vanitas it also explains the Tug-O-War over the KK - Ven and Van were the pathways through which the Keyblade went back and forth between SoRi), Sora was chosen for his own abilities in KH. Ven gave him temporary Wielding and eventual Duel Wielding, but Sora's a Wielder in his own right now. Unless Ven being removed from him damages Sora's Heart or something.

But regardless, it gives me comfort in the end. XDD

To each their Head-canon XD I'm personally waiting to see Ven more as his own person without Sora sustaining him.

localorange

I agree about the mind-set but that's mostly because he lost his Memories. I for one am not a believer in the Light being good emotions while the Darkness is negative ones. The Darkness is attracted to negative emotions, yes, and it fuels them, but it doesn't equal them. Think to Kairi's grandma's story - the negative emotions came first, and only then was the Darkness born. So Ven having no Darkness in his Heart isn't a guarantee that he'll be a sweetheart.

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree with you on that one. But regardless, because of Master Xehanort's screwings with Ven's memory, the end result was him becoming painfully innocent and rather simple-minded.

That's unlikely to happen as while I do believe that Ven was why Sora was able to Wield originally in KH (if Riku is related to Vanitas it also explains the Tug-O-War over the KK - Ven and Van were the pathways through which the Keyblade went back and forth between SoRi), Sora was chosen for his own abilities in KH. Ven gave him temporary Wielding and eventual Duel Wielding, but Sora's a Wielder in his own right now. Unless Ven being removed from him damages Sora's Heart or something.

I prefer it didn't happen, but I'm not letting it escape the realm of possibility. I'd much rather Ven get his heart back and Sora keep his keyblade wielding powers.

To each their Head-canon XD I'm personally waiting to see Ven more as his own person without Sora sustaining him.

Which will be very interesting. I like to think he'd be a balance of Sora and Roxas's negative side, but that's just me XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I prefer it didn't happen, but I'm not letting it escape the realm of possibility. I'd much rather Ven get his heart back and Sora keep his keyblade wielding powers.

Which is what's likely to happen, just minus the Duel Wielding.

Which will be very interesting. I like to think he'd be a balance of Sora and Roxas's negative side, but that's just me XD

That's the impression I got from him too. He's a lot more childisher and naive than eventual-Roxas (opposite to starter zombie-Roxas, or happy-baby Roxas), thus pulling him closer to Sora, but at the same time he has his lows and angst bursts, pulling him back closer to eventual-Roxas and away from Sora.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
that's quite an idea. I have to say that Ven would be like that... because you can see that he's not as upbeat as Sora and he has doubts which make him seem fore human...
and honestly... Sora's personality is more suited for a girl character... whereas Ventus is kinda neutral...
and Kairi's personality seems more like a boy if you ask me...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I disagree about Sora's personality fitting a girl more. It's just that it's rare in Western culture to find boys that are, I won't say feminine but gentle and 'soft'. Sora grew up in a rather sheltered, happy environment where he was used to playing second fiddle to Riku's glorious solo, with Tidus and Wakka playing awkward background. He doesn't feel the need to be macho or 'manly', he just does his thing and dances through life. He's naive, good-natured and a mite silly, but boys, especially younger ones, can be that. And given Sora's background it's not unheard of that he kept that attitude into his mid-teens.
Notice also how he keeps up an act as the story progresses, one that he lets go mostly around Riku, Donald and Goofy.

And Kairi's fine as a girl. Bossy girls are girls despite being bossy.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
well I'm just thinking he's not showing much of the typical behaviour of a boy sure I did see a few moments but those were few and far between...
and with Kairi I wasn't talking about her being bossy...I'm talking about how she acts during KH1...She's not just bossy but she seems to have this confidence about her that propels Sora onward not just because she's in danger the kind of inner confidence that most boys have... sure girls have confidence but nothing like Kairi's. That's why and it seems like Role-reversal:

Sora may look like he's the big-time hero but he's just being dragged along the currents of his friendships and responsibilities... and he has no choice but to maintain his seemingly 'Perky attitude' throughout every single game... except for Re:CoM that is...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Again, both behaviors are really not as gender-dependent as you make them seem. Girls like Kairi are like a dime a dozen irl. Now again, Sora's more the odd-man-out here, but he's more of a Disney goofball. He hangs out with his friends, races, play-fights, swims, goes on "adventures"... depending on how you align the camera he even looks up Selphie's skirt in KH!

Shinra

Banned
Awards
yeah disney goofball... that'll explain it... and my arguement about this is over as you have seemed to stay a step ahead of me on that one...and pervy Sora!

Shinra

Banned
Awards
hahahaha lol Smile...The only odd thing is that Riku seems like the only real human character in Kingdom hearts... but his friendship with Mickey seems like the real kind of relationship a lasting friendship would be... and then Sora's friendships have the same degree of dedication are more sappy and corny to such a Cartoonish degree... (Even though it is a cartoon crossover game)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I never saw where the whole 'not human' bit came from. Sora's human enough, he has his moments of weakness and his faults. It's just that as opposed to many other characters he refuses to give up hope and when he does, he has friends to cheer him up. He relies a lot on the people around him and wants to help the people he cares for.
Is it unrealistic in our modern lives? Hell yes. But Sora didn't grow up in our modern, rotten world so he makes sense.

NeoEevee

I wonder, really. Xehanort possessed Terra through his Darkness. Who's to say something like that isn't possible using the Light?
And Sora did, for the most part, merged their Hearts. Otherwise Ven's never would've became "whole" again. He's basically using Sora's Heart for the duration of BBS.
Whoo! That's two fanfic ideas today that don't involve crossovers somehow! I'm on a role!

CA59

Chibi__Sora_Final_Form_by_Hinoteya.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back