• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sora/Donald/Goofy Fanclub! "All for one, and one for all!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Re: The Sora/Donald/Goofy Fanclub!

As much as I like SRK, I think SDG has gotten more attention and proper development than the other trios, even RAX. They may have turned their backs on each other a couple of times, but they've never abandoned each other when it was most important, and they're the most realistic IMO. Which sounds weird when two of them are talking animals, but it's the truth!

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I think the main reason why SDG seem to have gotten supposedly less attention is because their relationship is spread over three games as opposed to RAX who have a game and a bit (KH2's "AkuRoku" being the bit). But when it comes down to it they didn't get constant development through their games, arguably not even in CoM (unlike in Days where the whole point was about RAX's relationship, as opposed to CoM where the highlights for SDG were "momentary" like they were in the other games).

Also, it's not true they never abandoned each other. Donald and Goofy abandoned Sora in KH1, and Sora abandoned them in CoM. But that ties in with what you said about it being realistic - real friends don't "stick together" really throughout all eternity. There're shifts and mood swings and what not.
they just get back together at the end if the friendship is real, as was the case for SDG :3~ (though in both cases it was more Donald and Goofy that chased Sora xD; )

Organization_42

Awards

but they've never abandoned each other when it was most important

I never said that they NEVER abandoned each other, just that when it really counted (i.e. when Riku was about to kill Sora in Hollow Bastion right before D&G came running back) they've been there for each other.

Plus, I said that they had proper development, not constant development. And you're right, it spanned over three games, which is another thing that I liked. Real, true friendships are always developing and growing, depending on how well you feed the relationship. And they had development in CoM; it was Sora's turn to run away from them and learn that he needed them when the going got tough. On a smaller scale, he acted all cocky when Marluxia told him he'd have to fight alone, and then quickly realized that it was tougher without Donald and Goofy then he'd thought! :lol:

It makes me wonder what they'll do for KH3, as Sora, Donald, and Goofy seem to have worked out all the potential cracks in their friendship.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Well, for once, they could develop Donald and Goofy as characters on their own like they did for Mickey. That's something the two are really lacking in. Mickey had his own story and was a far more active force in Riku's story than DG were for Sora's. They how to put it, "tag along" while Mickey actually did things for Riku a bit more than just 'be there', is how I saw it (even if Riku needed just that - someone to be there for him).
So they could expand more on them, maybe give them a side quest (like in FFVII where you go to Wutai and go through Yuffie's story, but you're still with Cloud and the party).

aswaxsora

Awards

Not really in CoM. Sora yelled and got pissed at them at went to Naminé. After DI he realized that he was being an ass. Doanld and Goofy forgave him and fought Larxene.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

But that's what makes them so awesome, withstanding the trials. Part of why Sora got so pissed off at them was that he thought they were betraying him - something they had a record of doing, mind, and it hurt him that badly that he stormed off. Much like before however they pulled through, Sora realized he was in the wrong and their friendship came out of it stronger than ever.

Organization_42

Awards

^ Yeah, and I think that's why, as ThePromise said, they didn't stand out as much in KH2, because they didn't have those awesome reunion scenes because there was no fighting. But at the same time, I don't want Nomura to keep pulling those same heartstrings, I'd like him to do something different with the trio. So I like Smile's idea of focusing more on Donald and Goofy's development and have Sora being the one helping them out.

Thanks for the video Smile! And welcome to the SDG FanClub, WarpChaos and ThePromise!

TOPIC QUESTION time! Besides Donald and Goofy, who is your favorite Party Member for Sora?

For me, it's a three-way-tie between Riku (because he's the strongest fighter), Mulan (because she's my favorite Disney heroine) and Captain Jack Sparrow! (because he's Captain Jack Sparrow. And that's all the explanation we'll ever need.)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Riku, no doubt. Mostly because he's a great addition to SDG as a trio already.
Aside from him I adore Tron as a party member. It's cute how the three teach him so much, and his friendship with Sora makes me go "naaaaw" all the time :36:

Organization_42

Awards

ZOMG, how'd I forget Tron?!?! Okay Mulan and Riku, much as I love you both, you just got bumped off the list and now tie for second-favorite. You can't beat out Tron and how the SDG team taught him to make illogical decisions! Not to mention the hugs! :3

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

ZOMG, how'd I forget Tron?!?! Okay Mulan and Riku, much as I love you both, you just got bumped off the list and now tie for second-favorite. You can't beat out Tron and how the SDG team taught him to make illogical decisions! Not to mention the hugs! :3

You forgot seeing him dancing at the end of the game :3

Organization_42

Awards

Not to mention the part when they tickle him! :3

I almost want to rename this the Sora/Donald/Goofy/Tron Fanclub!

Organization_42

Awards

Yeah, I think I'll go and make him an honorary member! They all hugged him goodbye after all, and I don't think any other party member got that honor!

Organization_42

Awards

Well, that, and Riku and Sora aren't the type to run up and hug each other. Look how Sora reacted to Tron and Kairi's hugs, though he at least hugged Kairi back. Dancing and grabbing on to people's hands seems to be his preferred methods of greeting, if his reunions with Donald, Goofy, Namine, and Riku are any indication!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back