• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sony Hack and North Korea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
As much as I'm a proponent of peace, and against military actions... I feel something should be done. Not only because of this: something should've been done a long time ago. North Korea is the shitstain of the world, and if there ever was a country were the "freedom eagle" meme was appropriate, it's that one. They even antagonize China for crying out loud, and that's their closest ally! It's a damned travesty that the western world shouts to everyone that they're all for freedom and still allow a dicatorship like that to exist.

While I understand why they did it, Sony should not have backed down. I don't care how good or bad the movie is, they shouldn't have done that, and Paramount is pretty shitty too for forbidding movie theaters to show Team America, a movie that's almost 9 years old now.
I think Clooney said it best when he said: "We cannot be told we can't see something by Kim Jong-un, of all f***ing people."

Apparantly Obama has called Sony's decision a mistake, any chance of that movie getting released by presedential order? :p

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Let them release the movie. What's North Korea going to do? Hit us with what they got...I find it funny how the past few years there's always a story about North Korea against the US around this time.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
As much as I'm a proponent of peace, and against military actions... I feel something should be done. Not only because of this: something should've been done a long time ago. North Korea is the shitstain of the world, and if there ever was a country were the "freedom eagle" meme was appropriate, it's that one. They even antagonize China for crying out loud, and that's their closest ally! It's a damned travesty that the western world shouts to everyone that they're all for freedom and still allow a dicatorship like that to exist.

the US doesn't attack NK because china will always use it as a sandbag to protect their own borders. plus, NK is pretty much ready to destroy seoul at any given moment, so unless the US was swift and efficient in taking down NK (and history shows that the US has an awful track record in the area), the entire balance of southeast asia could be thrown into turmoil.

plus tbh it's doing a great job of just slowly destroying itself so.

D

Deleted member 36435

we just need to pick seoul up
move it to australia for a lil bit
destroy NK
and go to mars

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
Let them release the movie. What's North Korea going to do? Hit us with what they got...I find it funny how the past few years there's always a story about North Korea against the US around this time.
bad idea, if there was movie made in another country mocking to kill the president of the USA it would not go well with us.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I do think the movie was in poor taste. It actually seems similar to Inglorious Bastards except the person they were trying to kill in that movie has been dead for a long time and his regime is no longer in power.

But still, to knuckle under and comply with terrorist demands leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like, now North Korea can tell us what we can and can't watch.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
bad idea, if there was movie made in another country mocking to kill the president of the USA it would not go well with us.

This country wouldn't really care and its really aware of any type of event that can occur.

[video=youtube;axBFi9l2C8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBFi9l2C8E[/video]

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

There was a movie made in Britain about assassinating Bush and we didn't do shit.

Do you honestly think the United States would retaliate with military action if there were a comedy movie made about two goofballs killing our president? Maybe it would piss off some of the population and likely the president but we're not going send in drone strikes over a fucking movie. Much less hack the studio who made it. Jesus Christ.

Besides, this is Kim Jong Un we're talking about. I don't think I need to describe his human rights record or the conditions he subjects his people to. If you don't know I would highly recommend doing some research and find out just how fucked up and crazy it is over there. He is more than fair game for a movie like this and the rest of the world knows it. If you think that it's not right or in poor taste then whatever. But remember, there was another movie similar to this only it was about his father and it was called Team America: World Police. That movie DID come out in theaters and on DVD.

If anyone is to blame it's the theater chains who said they would refuse to show the movie. I imagine that would be why Sony decided to pull the release for it in the first place. Now we're at a point where Sony could decide to release the movie online and make a killing with all the hype this has made. Or possibly Sony is just biding its time for what could be another huge leak of information from the hack. Really it's hard to tell if Sony is still being blackmailed by the hackers because if they are then we're looking at possibly even more personal information being leaked and financial secrets being leaked which could ultimately lead to the collapse of the Sony film studio. This is all just spit-balling because we don't know what else Sony knows they stole in the attack if anything.

All we know for sure is that Kim Jong Un was allowed to censor a movie being released in America. So piss on that.

As for any actual military action I seriously doubt it. North Korea is crazy but I'm not sure they're bold enough yet to try and take on our military and I sure as hell know we're not going be poking North Korea too hard anytime soon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back