• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The smelling thingy ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoopuf

What is with Riku and his "new" sense of smell? I haven't got the game, but I have read the script, and he does say a lot of stuff like: "You smell the same" (talking to Namine being like Kairi), and he goes on a bit about how Ansem smells like darkness.

What do you think this means?

dragon_heart

his evolution of dark power with maleficent and Ansem allowed evvery bit of his body to feel darkness...... So therefore when returning to powers of darkness he sensed it......Later in the game his smell of darkness is a strong as a dog's smell

Ultima Monkey

Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah...what they said! Maybe he's sort of blinded by the darkness, so his sense of smell got stronger? No that's dumb....his ability to recognize the darkness has probably grown immensely. Who knows.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
neo_shadow said:
ur all dence
And you're obnoxious, but we put up with it.

Anyway, yeah, I'd say the same, it's probably got something to do with what everyone else is suggesting. What with his obvious links with the darkness, he's probably quite sensitive to it. It also might be worth mentioning that Kingdom Hearts seemed to be almost pitch black, from that last cutscene in Final Mix, so it's likely he will have had to rely on other senses while he was there. Hence to other sense becoming better. Unfortunately I either don't know or don't remeber how long Riku passed in Kingdom Hearts before finding himself in Castle Oblivion.

To summarise all that- What you guys said *points to other posts and looks sheepish* XD

DarrcEnigma

Not to be overly mean, but there is something called a dictionary. There's also something known as a "thesaurus" that helps immensely when trying to find synonyms for words. (Example: "Shadow" and "Imitation.")

As far as "smell" goes, one of the many definitions reads "a pervading or characteristic quality: AURA." Or in a sense, he didn't literally smell anything, he merely sensed them. (DBZ, anyone?) Or as Riku says to Zexion in the Destiny Islands Memory World: "I followed the darkness right to you."

Reverse Dragon

Well...as if what the above people said wasn't enough!

The blindfold is so he can train himself to learn better, also you can note he "cast" [my belief] a spell around the DWU/BHU in the shape of the heartless insignia. It was mostlikely a warning to tell him the Neo-shadows have come. Riku is now able to sense them without his eyes, after all your eyes can decieve you! And like someone said he is training himself to use his abilities like Daredevil. Although this isn't very accurate.

He is more likely Training himself like a Blind/Deaf person, He "senses" the "vibrations" and "scents" of the dark enemies. [More towards Riku's case] Blind people have advanced Hearing and Deaf have advanced touch- they can feel the slightest vibrations. Daredevil's sense were cause by what created his blindness..he got a radar-like sense Riku is ssllliiiiiiightly like this, the "smell" can work like a radar but only if the scent is recent enough. After all everything fades doesn't it? So you must keep you rsense sharp- and training not only strengthens them but prevends the "fading" of the ability.

Hope that helps

Nemesis

sasuke 189 said:
there good ideas but i think it s an inuyasha refrence

........ say what now?
an inuyasha reference? no... more like DBZ style if anything.( sorry DarrcEnigma, i couldnt resist)

but, basically what most guys have said is right... its just after being dipped into darkness for so long... well.. u learn to sense it, DBZ style.. or Jedi style.... if your a SW nerd too, or moreso than an anime addict.

darkriku14

beginning and end
it was a little weird but after ansem gives riku dark powers, riku says that the darkness is seeping into his senses. I think that's how he could smell the darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back