• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sleeping Realm Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
how about how the localization completely omits a line about Kairi using the power of the new PoH to keep Sora’s body around. The only way people knew that was because of people bringing attention to that omitted line in the Japanese version of the Gummiphone summary of events.
Last time I checked that was in the English version, too.

I think the line people say was omitted was the one referencing Riku's Sacrifice ("The 'don't ever give up' [will of] a heart of light, overturned the overwhelming power of darkness."), not the Kairi PoH one.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don’t think the localizers should get a pass for anything. They do phenomenal work, but the localization of KH has always had mistakes and issues, and it’s clear with KH3 that they have full on changed context in a number of scenes.

Or how about how the localization completely omits a line about Kairi using the power of the new PoH to keep Sora’s body around. The only way people knew that was because of people bringing attention to that omitted line in the Japanese version of the Gummiphone summary of events.

Or how the localizers completely ignore clear callbacks. The scene where Kairi gives Sora the paopu was meant to be a callback to when she gives him the Oathkeeper in KH1 as a lucky charm, and she calls it as much in the Japanese version. Sora’s journey in Olympus was a place where he was supposed to learn about the power to protect a treasured person, and that phrasing was meant to be called-back immediately with Riku and Mickey where Mickey points out Riku has found a treasured person to protect, and that is meant to culminate with his sacrifice in the Keyblade Graveyard. And then for Sora that is meant to lead to an understanding of the phrase in the Final World when he makes his choice to use all of his power to save all of his friends, his treasured people.

So it’s fine that the theorists bring many translations into question. The localization is not perfect. It’s weakened by a lack of trying to carry over themes and concepts from past games and even within KH3 itself.

They nailed a lot of other stuff in the game, mostly all of the Disney stuff, but somehow dropped the ball on the main KH stuff which many of the localizers had been involved with translating in past games to begin with...so its strange.
I doubt it's them ignoring callbacks to games made years ago and more that they didn't know they were callbacks in the first place. Having to pour through translations on the off chance something is a callback on top of that is adding suffering to an already backbreaking task. Then there's how translating/localizing isn't always done in order....

Giving them translators notes before going in would mitigate this. Now if we found out that they were given sufficient info but chose to ignore it then there's an issue toward the localizers.

Where one scene focuses on the strength of Kairi and the acknowledgement of that, in English they turn Kairi’s strength into something that is for Sora.

“I knew you were strong, Kairi” becomes “You make me strong, Kairi” and that’s absolutely not right at all and it is crazy that they went with that.
First of all, unless there's a different line I've forgotten about, the English version is actually "I feel strong with you, Kairi."

The general meaning behind both versions are the same. That Kairi is strong and Sora is acknowledging that. But the more personal English version not only gives and added layer of Sora feeling he's nothing without his friends, it is also more clear on something the Japanese version was trying to intend, Sora's feelings toward Kairi.

And even if the romance is ignored, it's still in line with how positive relationships (~da power of friendship~) work. That it's all about making each other stronger/better.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I doubt it's them ignoring callbacks to games made years ago and more that they didn't know they were callbacks in the first place. Having to pour through translations on the off chance something is a callback on top of that is adding suffering to an already backbreaking task. Then there's how translating/localizing isn't always done in order....

Giving them translators notes before going in would mitigate this. Now if we found out that they were given sufficient info but chose to ignore it then there's an issue toward the localizers.
Some of the cases I've noticed is them translating it differently because they are trying to maintain a callback to a previous translation from an older game. Like the Paopu scene, in the Japanese is apparently a callback to the Oathkeeper scene, but in the English the lines are made to match how they translated the legend of the Paopu in KH1. Or translating the "Strength to Protect What Matters" line so that it matches with how they translated it back in BBS and to make that callback clear (which unfortunately does miss out on the way the phrase has evolved in the Japanese, but I don't think this is a case of the localizers willingly trying to downplay something, but rather try and maintain a consistent throughline through the series while also dealing with the fact that in Japanese the line can be both plural and singular)

Nukara

Awards
People will hate/dislike characters even without the theory, but at least for me it just feels like Kairi had much more purpose in the theory even if its still small compared to others.

Well then no character should ever die because they would lose their potential. In the end this theory is not even sure if Kairi is death, just that the Kairi we saw at the graveyard had no heart and her death was strange and quite different for nomal deaths. (Which was even more pointed out with Xehanort dieing normally) It could simply mean that Kairi is still alive in some way just not on this worldline. Exactly like Will who is still "alive" but can only see Elisabeth for one day every ten years. I mean they make a point to say to Sora that one day can be enough for hearts to say whats necessary and then at the end we have Sora fate away from Kairi. This of course still could just mean that he saved her and died himself but since we do know that Sora will be saved, the whole point would be moot. But if Kairi will stay in another wordline and Sora just saved her in the old wordline (and brought her to the old destiny island - since copies of worlds can exists) the point would be proven because Sora would have had the chance to say goodbye but will not be able to see her anymore. Also why would Sora (in the japanese version) just say that he will be back, if he truly was out to take Kairi back. Wouldnt he say that they both will be back? Again this sentence makes sense if Sora at that time knew that Kairi and he wont be staying together anymore in one world and that she cant go with them.
For me, this theory is crumbling by the fact that Kairi was really removed from the plot.
Why make her a keyblade weider?

Last edited:

allenleonardo

Awards
Oh *looks at side* :oops: I am a wizard now (or more like a witch)

I don’t think the localizers should get a pass for anything. They do phenomenal work, but the localization of KH has always had mistakes and issues, and it’s clear with KH3 that they have full on changed context in a number of scenes.

“I knew you were strong, Kairi” becomes “You make me strong, Kairi” and that’s absolutely not right at all and it is crazy that they went with that.

Or how the localizers completely ignore clear callbacks. The scene where Kairi gives Sora the paopu was meant to be a callback to when she gives him the Oathkeeper in KH1 as a lucky charm, and she calls it as much in the Japanese version.

Wait what? They really made the sentence of Kairi being strong into her making Sora strong? Honestly I wonder if some translaters are a bit of SoraxKairi shippers themselves..because somehow its about Sora again which can be read as a romantic sentence if one wants to read it that way instead of a compliment that Sora gives Kairi about her strenght...and seeing how they took out Rikus involment in saving Sora in the final world I really do wonder if they kinda wanted to focus more on Sora and Kairi in the few scenes they had...even if Nomura himself might not have intended for it to be that way. (Also the japanese version of the papou fruit scene does make it clear that Kairi did it more to make sure that they stay save.)

I know that it cant always be 100% accurate translations but changing it that much..a simple sentence or the lack of it can truly change the view that people can have on something..thankfully we have the internet today with the means to look it up..but still how many people will never get to know that it was Kairi and Riku that saved Sora in the final world?

Here's the thing I was refering to I know she desperately needs character development but people saying that they want other character to star in games does not give her the chance. Also washing what she does do down the drain is not going to help give her development.

I am just not sure what the theory has to do with any of that? Also there is a time where its just enough. How long should we wait or give kairi a chance? This not the third game at all, we had more than enough Kingdom hearts games in the past that could have been used to develop her. And even KH3 itself.

For me, this theory is crumbling by the fact that Kairi was really removed from the plot.
Why make her a keyblade weider?

But again, how is that the fault of the theory? They worked with what they got in the game, which is barely nothing about Kairi and took the hints and made their interpretation about her role in the story and her future. Anything else is on the writers of the game.

I mean I dislike character deaths in games and other media so I am kinda happy that most characters in the game survive. At the same time it also makes it a bit boring? For example what was the point for Xions death if she just will be back later anyways? So maybe having finally a character that might be out of the story or out of the lives of the protagonists without being truly death might finally give characters more development. But again I have no clue why the theory is crumbling because of that.

First of all, unless there's a different line I've forgotten about, the English version is actually "I feel strong with you, Kairi."

The general meaning behind both versions are the same. That Kairi is strong and Sora is acknowledging that. But the more personal English version not only gives and added layer of Sora feeling he's nothing without his friends, it is also more clear on something the Japanese version was trying to intend, Sora's feelings toward Kairi.

And even if the romance is ignored, it's still in line with how positive relationships (~da power of friendship~) work. That it's all about making each other stronger/better.

Well for me the english version makes this about Soras feelings. He is feeling strong with Kairi on his side. That could mean that he sees her as strong but it could also mean that he just gets more confident in himself because she is there. That is a bit of romantic if you want to see it that way.

The japanese version does not talk about soras feelings but how he sees Kairi. So instead of focusing on how he is feeling, they focus on how he sees Kairi. He compliments her on her own strenght, making it about her and not him. I see no romantic feelings in a sentence saying that someone is strong because its not about himself. It also makes it feel much better with her reaction afterwards. She is blushing because of a compliment. Because someone told her that she is strong which makes her in that moment happy. The english version feels more like "yes I make Sora feel strong" which again would show how fixated she is on Sora.

But that is of course just my interpretation of the words. I just feel like it takes her down a bit because its more about Sora himself.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yen Sid makes the point in DDD that Heartless cannot enter sleeping worlds. So if KH3 takes place in the Sleeping Realm then wouldn't that mean we'd not be seeing Heartless around?
Nothing stopping someone from having dreams about heartless. Also Ansem was there in DDD, explain him.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Some of the cases I've noticed is them translating it differently because they are trying to maintain a callback to a previous translation from an older game. Like the Paopu scene, in the Japanese is apparently a callback to the Oathkeeper scene, but in the English the lines are made to match how they translated the legend of the Paopu in KH1. Or translating the "Strength to Protect What Matters" line so that it matches with how they translated it back in BBS and to make that callback clear (which unfortunately does miss out on the way the phrase has evolved in the Japanese, but I don't think this is a case of the localizers willingly trying to downplay something, but rather try and maintain a consistent throughline through the series while also dealing with the fact that in Japanese the line can be both plural and singular)
I swear translating needs to be an Olympic sport.

Well for me the english version makes this about Soras feelings. He is feeling strong with Kairi on his side. That could mean that he sees her as strong but it could also mean that he just gets more confident in himself because she is there. That is a bit of romantic if you want to see it that way.

The japanese version does not talk about soras feelings but how he sees Kairi. So instead of focusing on how he is feeling, they focus on how he sees Kairi. He compliments her on her own strenght, making it about her and not him. I see no romantic feelings in a sentence saying that someone is strong because its not about himself. It also makes it feel much better with her reaction afterwards. She is blushing because of a compliment. Because someone told her that she is strong which makes her in that moment happy. The english version feels more like "yes I make Sora feel strong" which again would show how fixated she is on Sora.

But that is of course just my interpretation of the words. I just feel like it takes her down a bit because its more about Sora himself.
Except in the Japanese version, it's still a case of Kairi blushing because of Sora. She's blushing because "Sora thinks I'm strong! <3"

Side note, they really need to figure out how to do blushing. I need to see Riku in his true natural state.

Like I said in my previous comment, the English version also has Sora acknowledging Kairi is strong, it just adds more with the words chosen. Sora sees Kairi as strong and that her strength gives him the empowerment to be strong too. Whether it is or isn't seen as romantic, it still shows how friendship is about making each other stronger and continues Sora's issue about feeling he's nothing without his friends.

But like you said at the end, we just have different interpretations. I can understand why you believe it plays her down, but in my eyes Sora's words in the English version are actually emphasize Kairi's strength.

Nothing stopping someone from having dreams about heartless. Also Ansem was there in DDD, exxplain him.
67a5c3a417adbd2131d3e6c6eedb04f1.jpg

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
After finally graduating (yay) I took the time to read the document about this theory, given all the kerfuffle it made.
Boy, I did not like it almost at all. By end of it, it was hard not to scoff at most things.

> Starting with what I did like, which is the theory about the Realm of Dreams being something greater and different than the Sleeping Worlds and the connections between the Dive to the Heart at the beginning of KH III and the apparent team wipe at the Graveyard.
The document sold those concepts pretty well, and made my gears turn in the right direction. Although Ultimania being a bit unclear about where and how the time reset and the prologue are placed throw a reasonable shade of doubt, and the authors' stubborness in wanting to see that Ultimania was absolutely confirming their theory was a bit concerning.

> This pattern comes back comes after a few pages, in which I started to notice the need of WANTING to make some things work in a certain way, or seeing them under a certain light.
Miss me completely with that analyzing the way Sora blocks attacks as a connection to Link Block and that the way Young avoids him in Toy Box is an hint of time travel and history repeating. "Swag dodging" has always been implemented as a visual effect, unless we want to consider CoM Marluxia as a powerful time traveller who already experienced all of that.
Or when Sora noticing Goofy saying "All for one, one for all" as a tie-in with his adventures in DDD. C'mon guys, SDG have been using that catchphrase since KH1.

> It's not the first time I'm hearing people arguing that the lessons in the Disney worlds are important and are all linked together as a big message for Sora, and I still don't buy it. To me it's the same generic moral lesson about love and friendship at the end of each world visit like it has been since KH II. And it doesn't help (or maybe it does?) that those moral lessons are implemented in 90% of animated movies aimed at a young audience, hence the repetition and apparent "connection" between them.
Sora having direct flashbacks at some Disney world scenes made a portion of fans wild, but to me it's like when it happens in BbS, and I don't feel like it makes anything deeper than what it is.

> The biggest problem that at some point made it almost difficult to just keep on reading was definitely the Riku-Kairi thing. The BIAS, man. Pure, unadulterated bias.
Riku is Light. Riku did this, and this, and that (each instance gets mentioned to increase numbers, even if some are just repetitions). Riku has a halo which contains the true Mayan calendar inside.
Kairi is... meh. She isn't even there. I mean, she IS, but that's not really her, she's like some FMA chimaera or something. She's weird. Doesn't she look weird to anyone else? Also, it's suspicious (yeah, suspicious works as an apparent neutral and not biased term, let's use it) how she's considered so relevant, like Riku -let's call him Riku the Perfect Hero of Light from now on- did ALL OF THAT versus the... meh, one, one and a half times Kairi was Sora's Light (yeah, sure.)
Oh, and Sora only reached to her to say goodbye.

You can't tell me there wasn't some prejudice after the lenght they go at analyzing that Kairi is just a little bit on the side regarding the Light and how that makes her not that great, but when Sora and Riku are walking towards the Light it's the most important thing ever.
It has been stated by game and Ultimania how important Kairi was throughout the "reality reset" sequence and she's almost absent when they go through most of it in the theory, and only mentioned as some sort of abnormality. Words and phrasing do tell a lot about what people think and feel.
I don't even really care whether it was for shipping purposes or not. It's the sheer difference in treatment between two characters that was extremely off-putting.
If they're Kairi fans, that's an odd way to be as such in my opinion.

> Also I don't really care how much they state it to be a fact, I strongly disagree that Sora used the Power of Waking to reach Riku at the Dark Margin. In the theory itself they keep showing the Sleeping Keyholes as some powerful clue and I agree, and I see none of that when Sora is at the Island. What I see is a door from which Sora emerges, which the authors also theorize it being a Door to Light.
The thing is, the Door to Light has already been used to travel from the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Light, without any Power of Waking whatsoever (which also disproves the thesis that Sora had no means to reach the RoD exceptdark corridors and Power of Waking). It happened in KH II.
oh wait that was because of Kairi so that's probably why they didn't care about it

That's mostly what I wanted to share about my time reading it. I've read many theories (as I suspect did most of you all), and while this was a surprising huge amount of work that may have struck true in a couple of places, I still think it's mostly people wanting to see secrets and genius and a secret plan behind disappointment.
Which honestly has been the fandom's mantra since forever, "let's wait for this to make sense in the Grand Design of things" so I'm not even that surprised.
This puts too much trust in Nomura having some desk filled with notes and references connected to a dozen different cultures and mythos on Earth, when there's proof of him introducing and rewriting stuff at later dates and forgetting or abandoning entire plot points into the dust, or straight up lying about them.
To me it's like when people were studying ancient monasterial codes to "decipher" the Foretellers, and I remember how well that went.

Now though, in all fairness: even imagining all of this theory was true. All of it, or even just the majority.
That wouldn't make KH III better to my eyes. Because that would mean Nomura essentially "hid" the grand finale of a saga behind a mountain of blink-and-you'll-miss-it clues and some quantum physics timeline for... what? For the sake of delivering a Galaxy Brain theory? Like Lumiair said: how does all of this make the experience of a saga finale that it's supposed to be KH III better? I was led to believe that convoluted foreshadowing and sacrificing main scenario stuff to add yet another teensy bit of detail was what we didn't like about the whole thing.
If Kingdom Hearts truly expects me to pay more attention to how many times Riku clenches his fist, the logo coloration or how hair might work than to Xehanort's motivations then I'm even more out of it. This is the kind of "d33p L0r3" I don't want, I don't find it particularly interesting or elegant and it serves only to clutter the experience and the fluidity of the main story.

Last edited:

allenleonardo

Awards
Well Sora being that fast at Rikus side and blocking Aqua really just looks a lot like an attack that was used with the dream eaters and since Riku is his dream eater, their argument makes perfect sense. Of course it all could have been just to make it look cool but Nomura even stated that a lot of small things are on purpose so I am not sure if this was just done to look good.

And isnt it the kind of way that people try to find as many clues towards their theory as possible? So them taking even the smallest stuff and looking at it that way makes sense to me. And it is strange imo that YX was able to perfectly dodge all of Soras attacks like that. (And him saying "not again" really is strange)

Well the bias between Riku and Kairi is already there in the game itself. All of the stuff they showed are from the game. And in the end it is Riku that protects Sora, it is Rikus heart that he finds first after following the Light, Kairi is not in the middle of it but at the side and so on. I mean Kairi is threated by Nomura himself badly so its not like they can just put into stuff that isnt there. And for me at least I found her death strange even before reading the theory. The way her body looked, how there was no heart. And the fruit scene also felt strange for me from the start, especially if it was meant as a shipping moment. In the end the Japanese version made it quite clear that it was Riku and Kairi that held him together in the Final Word and on top of that Riku threw away his own life to protect Sora. So again for me I feel that the bias there is not that big. Kairi is a bad handled character in the game and nothing much can change it.

The may have used the door to the light without the power of waking in the past but the theory itself states that they are already in some layers of sleep so maybe its not that easy anymore.

I can understand that you would find that bad storytelling but I am honestly someone that likes such little clues. It could be that (if the theory is true of course) everything will be explained in the next games and people just be like: Woah that was all foreshadowed in the other game? While those that looked at these details will be happy that they have seen it.

I will not be angry if that theory is not true (but I liked Kh3 story just fine anyways) but I would also not be surprised if it is happening that way.

In the end I do enjoy reading this theory, also because they took their time to go and look at so many small things and include the evidence with screenshots in it. They might be more biased towards Riku and Sora, which might mean that they have leaned more towards this interpretation but they still included Kairi in this so I am fine with that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It could all be a big coincidence, like with the Rebirth Theory. Or it's just Nomura taking artistic liberties and throwing out ideas he didn't get to use in Versus. At this point in time, anything is possible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t think people should take the theory as it is, but rather they should use it to inspire their own theories and ideas about the game.

There is a lot that they touched on that I think could be better improved by making it a separate theory apart from the entire “sleeping realm” theory.

Like rather than looking it as a whole, take it as individual parts and then use it to inform how you look at the game.

I think there is a lot of value in the idea that KH3 is part of some unending cycle and it took Sora changing time to...unchain them from fate so to speak. We know Unchained X was essentially a repeating cycle that began when the Dandelions fled the real world (X[chi]), and eventually they break the cycle and it’s how Union X begins.

How is it out of the realm of possibility that KH3 was doing the exact same thing? After all, when Sora reverses time and they essentially create a new worldline, it is the exact timeline where Ephemer is able to aid Sora with the Keyblades of the UX era wielders.

But it is everybody’s prerogative to agree or disagree with the theory. I just don’t think it is fair to put down all of their ideas when there is merit to quite a number of things in the theory.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don’t think people should take the theory as it is, but rather they should use it to inspire their own theories and ideas about the game.

There is a lot that they touched on that I think could be better improved by making it a separate theory apart from the entire “sleeping realm” theory.

Like rather than looking it as a whole, take it as individual parts and then use it to inform how you look at the game.

I think there is a lot of value in the idea that KH3 is part of some unending cycle and it took Sora changing time to...unchain them from fate so to speak. We know Unchained X was essentially a repeating cycle that began when the Dandelions fled the real world (X[chi]), and eventually they break the cycle and it’s how Union X begins.

How is it out of the realm of possibility that KH3 was doing the exact same thing? After all, when Sora reverses time and they essentially create a new worldline, it is the exact timeline where Ephemer is able to aid Sora with the Keyblades of the UX era wielders.

But it is everybody’s prerogative to agree or disagree with the theory. I just don’t think it is fair to put down all of their ideas when there is merit to quite a number of things in the theory.
This makes a lot of sense. Especially when you take into consideration the term "Unchained". Perhaps the "Chains" are the Worldlines, whereas to jumping a Worldline in order to end a cycle is called "Unchain". Maybe the MoM's plan is to be a Worldline hopper? Perhaps try to see if the force that encompasses all of the Worldlines is in a cycle itself?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This makes a lot of sense. Especially when you take into consideration the term "Unchained". Perhaps the "Chains" are the Worldlines, whereas to jumping a Worldline in order to end a cycle is called "Unchain". Maybe the MoM's plan is to be a Worldline hopper? Perhaps try to see if the force that encompasses all of the Worldlines is in a cycle itself?

I personally believe MoM is a god of some sort who is seeking out the most optimal worldline. I have a whole theory I’ve been working on for awhile now when I have the free time but essentially with the introduction of Shibuya, it made be believe that perhaps MoM is like an “Angel”. They are higher beings that can willingly cross over between parallel realities—worldlines—and they observe them and seek out the most optimal version of a given reality.

Shibuya in TWEWY was considered an optimal reality once Neku completed his three weeks and brought Shibuya into a new era.

MoM to me always felt like he was giving out a test to his apprentices. He gave them all of the tools they needed and also led them to believe in certain absolutes. There is a traitor, the world will fall to ruin, the unions must not work together.

And his apprentices fell for it all. In their attempts to stop the “traitor” and save the world from ruin, they all fail because they never once doubt MoM. They are all the traitor, they are the reason the world falls to ruin, they think they can’t trust each other.

Then countless centuries into the future and his prophecy of the world falling to ruin comes to pass, yet some boy changes fate by giving up all of himself to make it so. And he just so happens to end up in the same worldline as MoM.

As to what end he is trying to reach is, idk. Maybe in the end he is evil but introducing parallel worlds and Shibuya makes me think this is at least on the right track of what is happening.

D

Deleted member 252753

I quite liked the other worldline theory and how it incorporated the mirror at the start and the right/left switch of tram and half heart on the Ultima weapon.

I wondered if there could be any hint as to this on the cover, especially given that everyone is facing to the left. I noticed that everyone is standing on a building but the whole building is not shown.

As you can imagine, I wondered what would it look like if you flipped the image and juxtaposed it with the original. I actually found someone posting a review on Medium had done this well but didn't comment on it.

To me it does look like a complete image together, completing the tower and MAYBE Kingdom Hearts/moon behind it so I do think this is an intentional secret of the cover.

I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere but am not active in forums and fandom communities generally so forgive me if this is debunked foolishness.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I personally believe MoM is a god of some sort who is seeking out the most optimal worldline. I have a whole theory I’ve been working on for awhile now when I have the free time but essentially with the introduction of Shibuya, it made be believe that perhaps MoM is like an “Angel”. They are higher beings that can willingly cross over between parallel realities—worldlines—and they observe them and seek out the most optimal version of a given reality.

Shibuya in TWEWY was considered an optimal reality once Neku completed his three weeks and brought Shibuya into a new era.

MoM to me always felt like he was giving out a test to his apprentices. He gave them all of the tools they needed and also led them to believe in certain absolutes. There is a traitor, the world will fall to ruin, the unions must not work together.

And his apprentices fell for it all. In their attempts to stop the “traitor” and save the world from ruin, they all fail because they never once doubt MoM. They are all the traitor, they are the reason the world falls to ruin, they think they can’t trust each other.

Then countless centuries into the future and his prophecy of the world falling to ruin comes to pass, yet some boy changes fate by giving up all of himself to make it so. And he just so happens to end up in the same worldline as MoM.

As to what end he is trying to reach is, idk. Maybe in the end he is evil but introducing parallel worlds and Shibuya makes me think this is at least on the right track of what is happening.
Very interesting. I don't think the the MoM's evil, but he may be another case of Xehanort: he wants to accomplish something with no care in the world as to how that affects others.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Honestly, MoM could just be a guy who doesn't have a current form right now and is only a walking heart. The precedence is there. As for his motives, he might really be a morally grey type of character. The series has made it where Dark and Light clashes frequently, with Riku being the guy who says "You know, both works too, you guys...", so it could be an interesting turn where something like that is the focus. He could be KH's version of Thanos (MCU).

Or more specifically, I think it's quite possible that it's not that he's "Evil", and moreso the fact that he's insane... Which would be even more dangerous. Xehanort was a tactician who wasn't the strongest guy on the block, but had contingency plans on contingency plans. He clearly had no remorse for his actions, but there's a rhyme and reason for everything he did, it followed a logical conclusion (even if it was clearly the wrong one). Maybe the MoM works in a completely different manner. If anything, he kinda reminds me of a mad scientist.

Klausiboy

The thing that bothers me the most is how people think that Kairi actively didn't bite the fruit and Sora did. I'm pretty sure none of them took a bit at that moment. The part in the theory where they say "There is a clear bite taken out" doesn't seem like a clear bite at all. To me it just looks like the fruit is tilted in a certain way that could make it look like the edge was bitten off.
1)Fruits usually have peels. If a bite had been taken, the exposed part of the fruit would most likely have a different color. We know the peelhasn't been removedbecause we still see leaves on the fruit, and I don't remember any fruit that looks the same on the inside as the outside.
2) IF Kairi had been rude enough to propose sharing the fruit, see Sora take a bit and then NOT take a bite herself, don't you think Sora would have reacted somehow?

It just seems more likely that the act of giving each other the fruit like that is considered sharing it. Yeah, Sqaure should have animated each of them taking a bite explicitly. but meh.

Back