• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Simpsons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I have been completely turned off from this show. Two years ago they made a few good episodes and I thought that they had found good writers again, but fuck I was so wrong. I continue to tune to Fox to see if the show has found some good footing, but I continue to be disappointed Every. Single. Week.

The bad jokes, the frequent obscure jokes, the dragged out jokes... that's all the show has now. Essentially what Family Guy is now except without the occasional hits that make it worth it. And there are the characters that I don't even recognise anymore, that are for all intents and purposes cardboard cut-outs.

If this was any other show I would just move on. But the Simpsons had TEN YEARS of great seasons, four of which I grew up with. And every episode now is a piss on the grave.

Fox has milked the cash cow for so long that it's now a stinking slab of rotting meat.

Sorry for the rant, but fuck...

Do any of you feel this way?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
It has some good episodes and some bad ones but fuck 22 seasons that is when you know the producer is trying to milk it for all it is worth. It is the longest running animated T.V. show though.

D

Deleted member 36435

I still enjoy it but some jokes are kind of stale.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Some jokes aren't funny, but I still watch Simpsons every now and then. I've been watching it since I was 6 and it was my favorite show for a longgggggg time.

Then I heard of Family Guy. It's my new favorite show.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
In my opinion, the show starting veering off badly at around the ninth or tenth season, even the eighth season had a few episodes that had a few stale jokes. Starting from around season 10 or 11, not a single episode has been watchable for me. I try watching them every now and then, but there's nothing there, it's changed too much (for the worse, of course) and there hasn't been a single one that I laughed at more than once. And if I do laugh, it's for very petty jokes that aren't even that clever.

Rix

:)
Awards
I do still enjoy the show, but I hate that they are trying to copy Family Guy... It doesn't work. Simpsons isn't Family Guy and should go back to just be The Simpsons, without being influenced by other shows that got popular.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Its because The Simpsons has to deal with a generation who love idiotic jokes that are repeated over and over again with different names -realised that when watching the South Park 'Cartoon Wars' episodes- that its almost that they had to adapt to still get the good viewing figures.

Its a shame, old simpsons...but not too old were the best ones. Around season 3 or 4.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Pretty much how I feel about Family Guy.

S

Shadow Soldier

I'm a huge fan of the older episodes, like when Bart gets laddie.

New ones aren't that great. Family Guy ruined The Simpsons.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
To be honest, I stopped watching it sometime ago, so I don't really know much of what's going on unless there are like re-runs or something like that...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
We watch some episodes of this show in my Sociology class. The earlier episodes are quite clever.

S

Shadow Soldier

We watch some episodes of this show in my Sociology class. The earlier episodes are quite clever.

That's because they weren't just pure stupidity. They actually referenced the real world a lot. Like the one where Homer eats too many of Chief Wiggum's peppers. A lot of Art references in that. Or when the kids get stranded on that island because on the bus, Bart and Nelson had a race with fruit and Millhouse puts grapefruit up and Otto steps on it and Ralph says "GO BANANA" (I'm sorry I had to say that), but ya, that episode is a reference to Lord of the Flies.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Sadly... I have seen every episode thanks to the internet. :|

I tune in every Friday aswell. xD ( Thats when the new episodes are on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back