• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Silence of a Wish (A Days Fanfic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^
Hey guys, this is the first fanfic I've ever posted, and it's a one-shot. Criticisms are welcome, in fact I'll be glad to recieve one!

Also, this may be a Days fic, but I think I kept the spoilers to a minimum >=D

Have fun reading >XD

Silence.

The winds crying out mournfully into the empty sea.

The sounds of waves echoing throughout the eternal night.

Familiar sounds. At least to this place.

The girl stands along the dark beach, contemplating the silence of this empty place. No life, no light, just silence. It was a place those of the Organization frequent, back at the World That Never Was. Was it because it reminded them of what the are?

No.

It was because this place was peaceful, with the gentle waves, the unchanging night, the eerily beautiful starless sky.

It was a good place to think.

He asked her if she remembered anything, when she first woke up. She knew He expected her to say no, so she did. But she did remember. Just one single memory that always drew her to the sea.

Her best friend was with her on the sunny beach close to home. She was gathering seashells, trying to keep it a secret from her and their other friend. But too late, she was spotted and she asked her what it was for. Her friend merely winked, smiled, and chided her, telling her that she can't spoil the surprise just yet.

The memory ends there, but it always filled her with a strange warmth, the memory of emotion. She cherished it and kept it secret, it felt much too personal to reveal... She wondered if those two missed her, as she did every day that passed, because even though she can't remember their faces, their voices or even their names, she truly wishes she could see them again, even just for a little while...

"Xion."

Xion turned around, startled, and saw Xemnas standing there. She had been thinking too deeply to notice his arrival.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice. "Nothing," she replied, "-just... thinking. About my existence." True words, it did not pay to lie around him.

He merely nodded. "Don't take too long. You have a mission waiting." And he was gone.

Xion sighed, and looked at the sea longingly.

"I hope you two are happy. I wish we could be together again." she whispered to the wind, hoping that somehow her wish would be carried to her home, to her friends who are waiting for her to come home.

As she walked along the beach, to where a portal was waiting, she saw something shining on the sand. Curious, she picked it up.

It was a seashell. Just like what her friend was collecting in that distant memory.

Somehow, she felt relieved. As if a question had been answered, or a burden had been lifted.

She put it in her pocket, and looked at to the sea a final time, smiling.

From now on
, she promised, I'll start collecting these shells. Maybe one day, I'll find out why you wanted them.

And she was gone.

And the waves lapped the shore gently, the night remained starless, but now it no longer seemed so sad. And the winds now carried a wish, one that would one day find its way home.

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
;-;

Wow Cef.....you must write more. I thought it was at a perfect pitch, though I do admit I was a bit skittish in reading it, I mean can't really tell if there's any spoilers other than what has been revealed from trailers....I don't think....

Anywho, the pace of this was truly captivating, slow, subtle, calm, like waves ^_^

A

Audo

Uh... I can't help but notice the contradiction in that the first few lines are expressively stating sounds that can be heard, and then you go on to say there was "silence" in that place.

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^
Uh... I can't help but notice the contradiction in that the first few lines are expressively stating sounds that can be heard, and then you go on to say there was "silence" in that place.

It seemed to me that the place was silent, in a natural sort of way. Like in the way that there's practically no noise, but if you listen closely, you'll hear stuff you usually can't hear.

*purrs*

I appreciate the compliments, you guys! But seriously, I was kinda expecting criticisms >XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back