• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The significance of orange/yellow eyes.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

As we've seen, orange or yellowish eyes usually signify that the person has experienced dangerous amounts of darkness. However, is it just darkness or is it something else? As we've seen both Braig and Isa had normal colored eyes, but somehow their eye colors change to orange. Many people assume this is because they fell to darkness, but doesn't KH3D prove that theory wrong? The scene where it zooms in on Braig's orange eye and he claims he is already half Xehanort is the proof. I believe orange eye color represents a piece of Xehanort's heart taking over someone. It makes sense if you think about it. Every person with this eye color is a part of Xehanort: Braig, Isa, "Ansem", Xemnas, and YMX. All members of the new Organization. The two exceptions are Vanitas and Ansem the Wise. They both have orange eyes and don't appear to be part of Xehanort. However, who's to say they aren't? Xehanort created Vanitas so it would be extremely easy for him to place a piece of his heart within the boy. As for Ansem, his first chronological appearance is at the end of BBS where he finds and rescues Terra-Xehanort. At this point in time he has orange eyes. But according to the theories of others, orange eyes are caused by darkness. At this point in time, Ansem had not been banished to the darkness or used the darkness in any manner. My theory is that Xehanort met Ansem during his time in Radiant Garden when he made his plans with Braig. He somehow placed a piece of his heart within Ansem at this time, causing his eyes to change. Another reason darkness can't cause the eye color change is Riku. He wore a blindfold because "his eyes couldn't lie". Many assumed this was because the darkness had changed his eyes to orange, but as we see in 358/2 Days, this isn't the case. He briefly removes the blindfold showing his normal colored eyes. If my theory is correct, Ansem the Wise and Vanitas are members of the new Org. Thoughts?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You do know that this is all explained in KH3D right?

Orange/yellow eyes mean a connection to Xehanort. Or in other words, THE HAVE A PIECE OF XEHANORT'S HEART INSIDE THEM.

Roxas12

I would LOVE to see where and when it says that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It is pretty much accepted by everyone at this point, I'll let someone liike Sephy or Memory Master sort out the specifics (since the always do), but I do think it is a good question as to why Ansem the Wise has orange eyes

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This was already made clear in the Birth by Sleep Ultimania, not only in Dream Drop Distance.

Here:
BBS Ultimania Scenario Mysteries said:
-- Comparing the Organisation members when they were human to when they were in the Organisation, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?
Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

Yellow/Golden eyes have absolutely nothing to do with Darkness, that was only a widely accepted fan-interpretation obviously influenced by Star Wars. Neither in the games nor in interviews do we ever get a confirmation that using darkness causes your eye color to change.

Vanitas also has golden eyes, not orange ones, so it's pretty much a given that he's either deeply connected with Xehanort or also has a piece of his heart.
Him being a member of the new Org is therefore rather likely, also considering his personality and the way he acts.
If one looks really closely he/she will also notice that Sora and Ventus have the exact same eyes (even the shade of blue is the same), due to their immensely close heart-connection.
Roxas of course has inherited those eyes because he's an hybrid-being born from elements of both Sora and Ventus.

Orange eyes however are unrelated to Xehanort (Orange =/= golden) and in Ansem the Wise's case just his natural eye color, as he already has this eye color before he even comes to know Xehanort.
(When Terranort states the name Ansem the Wise is unfamiliar with it, proof that he never had contact with Xehanort before.)
Ansem the Wise also cannot be a member of the new Org since 1st he's with Aqua in the RoD, 2nd he isn't really a fighter and 3rd he always worked against Xehanort and the original Organisation, as seen during CoM, Days and KH2.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The Heart affects the appearance of the body.

Those with fragments of Xehanort's heart inside of them will eventually get yellow/golden eyes, their skin may turn more tan, and judging by Xigbar and Terranort it seems they may eventually get grey/silver hair (Xigbar has silver streaks in his hair).

Ventus' heart of pure light could not remain with Sora in heartless form, so instead Ven's heart remained with Sora's body which became Roxas. Since Roxas came into being with Ven's sleeping heart inside him, this caused Roxas to look exactly like Ventus.

Xehanort's Heartless looks mostly like MX but retains a youthful apperance due to the Terra part of his heart. Xemnas is basically Terra's body and soul. In fact if you give Xemnas brown hair, lighter skin tone, and blue eyes, you can see he looks just like an older Terra with longer hair. Xemnas keeps the silver hair, tan skin tone, and yellow eyes due to the influence of MX's heart.

Ventus' connection to Sora caused Vanitas to take on a darker version of an older Sora (He looked like teenage Sora because Vanitas was still Ven's darkness and as such had the same age as Ven. He looked like a darker version of Sora because Vanitas is made from the darkness of Ven's heart.)

The Heart seems to affect all the aspects of a person. It is the core of the being and affects the body and soul. As such its no suprise that if just a person's heart remains it may be possible to restore the body and soul (A.K.A. bringing back Roxas, Xion, and Namine to physical form).

WaveK89

It's why they tend to zoom towards the eye with Braig. In BBS, they did it when he confronted Aqua and Ventus to show the change in him. In 3D he did it when he told Sora that he already is Half-Xehanort.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Apparently, yellow/golden eyes are so rare for humans in the KH-verse that MX and his seeds are the only ones that have them. I wonder if any of his parents had them? It's one of those funny things in a quirky sort of way when you really think about it.

Yellow/Golden eyes have absolutely nothing to do with Darkness, that was only a widely accepted fan-interpretation obviously influenced by Star Wars. Neither in the games nor in interviews do we ever get a confirmation that using darkness causes your eye color to change.

I thought it was obviously influenced by the fact that all heartless have yellow/golden eyes? Though looking back at the first game it's apparent that darkness has nothing to do with eye color seeing as how Riku's eyes never changed. Or for anyone else like Maleficent who's the "Mistress of all Evil" that can summon the powers of Hell.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Apparently, yellow/golden eyes are so rare for humans in the KH-verse that MX and his seeds are the only ones that have them. I wonder if any of his parents had them? It's one of those funny things in a quirky sort of way when you really think about it.

It's possible that MX's yellow eyes were originally inherited biologically, although we can all agree that that wouldn't change the nature of how others gain them.

I thought it was obviously influenced by the fact that all heartless have yellow/golden eyes? Though looking back at the first game it's apparent that darkness has nothing to do with eye color seeing as how Riku's eyes never changed. Or for anyone else like Maleficent who's the "Mistress of all Evil" that can summon the powers of Hell.
Answered your own question, although that could have been a good connection.

Ruran

Awards
It's possible that MX's yellow eyes were originally inherited biologically, although we can all agree that that wouldn't change the nature of how others gain them.

Answered your own question, although that could have been a good connection.

True, and with the "family is not important in KH" thing it's ultimately redundant. I just find it strange in a funny way how it's become a rule of thumb that EVERYONE with yellow/golden eyes is Xehanort related. It's not like the case with blue eyes for instance were it's a common trait because of Nomura's fetish, but if you want to see how far blue eyed characters have a connection with a each other you have to look at the hue, e.g. Sora, Ven, and Roxas (and I think Xion) all have the exact same shade of blue eyes.

It was more rhetorical because I've never heard anyone bring up Star Wars when explaining "yellow/gold eyes=darkness" theory. I've never really seen Star Wars so it certainly didn't cross my mind.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Back then, yellow eyes (and, by extension, scars) equating to darkness was a more sound theory due to lack of both the existence of MX's character and the concept of inheriting someone else's appearance (well, for the second one, the concept wasn't as strong, at the very least).

That being said, we got "scars" down right, for whatever reason.

Ruran

Awards
Especially when you consider that Ansem SoD was a Heartless so you could still argue that darkness=yellow/gold coupled with the fact that MX wasn't an established character yet. Though that just meant that they were Heartless exclusive assuming that the original idea was that Ansem had y/g eyes because he was a Heartless.

Nayru's Love

Awards
To be fair, Xehanort's Heartless barely classifies as a Heartless. To most peoples' standards, anyways; I personally don't consider him one.

Ruran

Awards
Just barely but for simplification reasons I still consider him a "Heartless". Though it makes me wonder what the earlier intentions were for what qualified as a Heartless and what didn't seeing as how things have obviously changed since KH1.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Wouldn't surprised me if they deviated from the original idea, specifically the whole "HE'S NOT ANSEM" Deal.

Pretty much the only thing that supports XH being an actual Heartless is Xemnas. Even so, I still find the requirements to create a Nobody to be too ambiguous.

Awards
What else can a floating robe be besides a heartless? Unless you are talking about his intelligence, he is very reminiscent to a pure blood.

Nayru's Love

Awards
What else can a floating robe be besides a heartless? Unless you are talking about his intelligence, he is very reminiscent to a pure blood.

MX was a floating heart for two seconds, yet Nomura clarified that he wasn't a Heartless. XH is virtually the same thing that MX was.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
MX was a floating heart for two seconds, yet Nomura clarified that he wasn't a Heartless. XH is virtually the same thing that MX was.

Are you talking about when he was transferring his heart to Terra? Because that's completely different to how ASOD is, considering that a Keyblade was being used to transport MX to Terra.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Are you talking about when he was transferring his heart to Terra? Because that's completely different to how ASOD is, considering that a Keyblade was being used to transport MX to Terra.

Although we don't know how exactly Xehanort became XH/Xemnas. We do know that he had a keyblade at that point, though, so the possibility that he did the same thing isn't that far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back