• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► The Shannara Chronicles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
home_shannara.jpg

The Shannara Chronicles is an American fantasy drama television series created by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar. It is an adaptation of the Shannara series of fantasy novels by Terry Brooks, with the first season being primarily an adaptation of the second novel in the original trilogy, The Elfstones of Shannara. The series premiered on MTV in the United States on January 5, 2016. The first season consisted of ten episodes, and renewal of the series for a second season was announced on April 20, 2016.

Shannara is an epic/high fantasy series of novels written by Terry Brooks, beginning with The Sword of Shannara in 1977. The series tells the generational saga of the Shannara family, an Elven noble family that plays an important role in the struggles that ensue. The series blends magic and primitive technology, set in the Four Lands in a distant future long after civilization as we know it was destroyed in a chemical and nuclear holocaust called the Great Wars, and the world has reverted to a medieval state and magic has reemerged to supplement science as humans live among other races. Further into the novels, science starts to become more advanced.

Shannara Wiki - Exploring the Magical World of Shannara - Wikia

I just recently watched this series. Despite it being on MTV, which was once known for showing music videos and music themed shows. The show itself was very well done. Good graphics and amazing costumes and sets. The scenery almost looked like it was filmed in the same sorts of places that Lord of the Rings was. I have been suggesting it to anyone who seems interested and all of them have been getting hooked on it. So I suggest it here to you now.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've watched some of the first few episodes of it a few months back. I never did finish watching the first season of it despite enjoying the female protagonist with her companion of a mage? I can't remember if the boy was a mage, but it was cool seeing how well the magic was done. Atop of that, the first episode is quite entertaining to watch, considering it involves a race being blind folded. And I was greatly entertained by the love interest of the protagonist being killed off so quickly. I'm assuming it's so she hooks up with her companion, maybe? I might go back and watch it over again, cause I did like it at one point. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back