• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Seventh Disciple theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bloodblade777

Hey folks, I am new to the forum but followed khinsider for a long time, i just wanted to hear what people thought about a part of the black box, sorry if people have talked about this before, put some tinfoil hats on because this gets a bit crazy

In the last few seconds of X Back Cover, we see the lid of the black box. It possesses the name XSuper carved onto the red centre. Now this is interesting for two reasons, because if you did not know, the Foretellers are all named after the seven deadly sins:

Avaritia = Greed

Ira = wrath

Gula = gluttony

Invidia = Envy

Acedia = Sloth

Luxuria = Lust

Sometimes their name is a shortening

You might have noticed though that there is one sin missing from the names of the Foretellers and Luxu...

Superbia = Pride

Super
bia

XSuper

Now we come to the 2nd reason this strange name(?) is interesting, the "X". X "Chi" is a letter that shows up a lot in the KH series, with a lot of different meanings, but I think the "X" we see on "XSuper" can only have one meaning: The Recusant's Sigil

The Recusant's sigil is first introduced in DDD, it is a mark that can be tracked anywhere, so it can always be found again. Org XIII used it to track Sora through the sleeping worlds. What has this got to do with X Back Cover? Well, in Back Cover, there is a traitor amongst the Foretellers which they are tasked with capturing. Gula is the only Foreteller who is in possession of the Lost Page from the book of prophecies. And he says to Ava that the only hint it gives is that the Traitor "bears the Sigil". He can only mean here that the traitor amongst the foretellers bears the Sigil of the Recusant.

Now some people have claimed before that Gula never specifically said it was the recusant's Sigil when reading from the lost page, however I dug a little deeper, I searched up the Japanese name for the Recusant's Sigil, and it is "Itan no Shirushi" (Mark of Heresy), annnd if you watch the original Japanese dub for X Back Cover, Gula literally says "Itan no Shirushi"!

So he is clearly saying in the original Japanese that the Traitor is marked with the Recusant's Sigil!

If each of the lost masters is named after a Deadly Sin, could Super then also be the name of a lost master - the one who represents Pride?

One of the big things about X Back Cover was the search to find who the traitor was, but the thing is, from each character's perspective and the role the Master gave them, it seems clear that none of them are the Traitor. You might feel like saying Luxu, but Luxu clearly fulfilled the role he was given at the end of KH3, and of Ava "she had her role, and she carried it out". So actually, none of the disciples of the MoM are the traitors. But if we assume that Super is also a disciple, and their name appears bearing the Recusant's Sigil X on the box, and that the Sigil is the only thing the Lost Page says is proof of the Traitor, then that must mean that Super is the traitor!

But then who is Super? The most reasonable guess would be the Master of Masters of course, there are no other lost masters that we know. But..

And this is where we shift gear into tinfoil hat mode...

...But remember, that the "traitor" is the one who rejects the role they are given by the master of masters. Would the master of masters reject the role he gives to himself? That doesn't make sense. MoM can't betray himself now can he? But you know who would reject a role given by the master of masters? A lost master who was prideful, the master of Pride, Superbia. XSuper. I don't really know where this theory is leading to, or why the name is on the top of the box, only that it seems to me there could another disciple of the MoM named Super, and he or she is the traitor. Or maybe MoM is Super, and that's his name on the box. But again, how can the MoM betray himself...? I think there is a possibility that there is a 7th disciple of the MoM, and that they - or a part of them - are sealed inside the Black Box

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly for the longest time I assumed that Super had to be the Master of Masters' name, seeing KH seems to have a thing for the number 7.

But when they revealed that Xehanort and Eraqus were a class of 7 not 6 that opened up the possibility of there being a 7th "Foreteller" for me. Mainly because I'm working off the assumption that the classes of seven was a tradition formed to mirror the original Master and Apprentices.

However the Master of Masters said his apprentices and himself make seven to Luxu in Back Cover, which would make there being another secret apprentice a bit odd.

Also, if Super is another apprentice, I personally think it's more likely for them to have become Darkness than be someone sealed away in the box. But hey, maybe it's both and Darkness' body is sealed away in the box.

LBJENmariposa

Hey, I'm relatively new to Kingdom Hearts, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the Recusant's Sigil is used for tracking things, why is Luxu/Xigbar looking for the black box if it has a sigil on it? Shouldn't he somehow know where it is?

A side note, because why not? Another word for "pride" is "vanity," which is one of the translations of the name "Vanitas." And Vanitas hinted to Ventus that he wasn't a part of him, but rather stuck in his heart for a very long time...

Back