• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The series split between two companies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KH will go where the money goes; simple as that.

I think that would depend on what game they are making. If it is KH3, it will definitely be on a Sony title, whether it goes multiplatform to Microsoft or Nintendo I can't say, but even if all the next gens were out and the PS4 was selling badly, I'm sure they would still end up putting it on PS4. If it isn't numbered in the title, then I would say it is free game as to whether it is Sony or Microsoft. However, I can't see a KH game ever being an Xbox-exclusive, even if all the money went there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Also wii sucks, I don't think they could make a good kh game on wii even if its wiiU
This certainly isn't talking out of one's ass whatsoever.

I refuse to play any system that based itself on the horrible idea of motion control gaming. Wii is dead to me in all forms
& it also bugs me just how strongly anti-motion some people are. It strikes me as viewing things too much in black & whit since some Wii games use them better than others.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It's pretty much guaranteed that KH3 will be on PS3. If not that, then PS4, but probably PS3.
Multiplat could happen, but KH isn't known for that.

I refuse to play any system that based itself on the horrible idea of motion control gaming. Wii is dead to me in all forms

of course if KH came out on it I would have to get over it because I'm not missing out on any kh titles

I'm guessing your one of those people who think the Wii U is an extension, not a new console? Because it's a new console. It's main focus is NOT motion control. Motion control is in there, but every system the Big Three does will have motion control in there in some way.

doortolight

Awards
This certainly isn't talking out of one's ass whatsoever.

& it also bugs me just how strongly anti-motion some people are. It strikes me as viewing things too much in black & whit since some Wii games use them better than others.

I have nothing wrong with having some motion control in a game, and some motion control games are all right, it just gripes me when an entire system is dedicated to only motion control gaming, most gamers I know don't won't to use alot of motion control, and alot of times it is really faulty

doortolight

Awards
It's pretty much guaranteed that KH3 will be on PS3. If not that, then PS4, but probably PS3.
Multiplat could happen, but KH isn't known for that.

I'm guessing your one of those people who think the Wii U is an extension, not a new console? Because it's a new console. It's main focus is NOT motion control. Motion control is in there, but every system the Big Three does will have motion control in there in some way.

I guess nintendo just really p***ed me off with starting the motion control frenzy, since then I have only played handhelds from nintendo (seems like what there best at)
I knew it was a completly new system but with the Wii in its name I was convinced it would be just as motion centered or that they would come up with something else Stupid

LordPhantomhive

Awards
I have nothing wrong with having some motion control in a game, and some motion control games are all right, it just gripes me when an entire system is dedicated to only motion control gaming, most gamers I know don't won't to use alot of motion control, and alot of times it is really faulty
Dedicated to only motion control gaming? Motion control is a big focus the Wii had, but there were games that hardly use motion controls like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Xenoblade. I sure the Wii U will be the same where it tablet controller is pretty much a normal controller with a touchscreen so it doesn't have to be motion control.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I guess nintendo just really p***ed me off with starting the motion control frenzy, since then I have only played handhelds from nintendo (seems like what there best at)
I knew it was a completly new system but with the Wii in its name I was convinced it would be just as motion centered or that they would come up with something else Stupid

Yeah, the name is something a lot of people aren't happy with, but to dislike the system because of that is stupid. You should research into it a lot more before you make comments about it.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Well, I can see KH3 going multiplatform, even though the rest of the series hasn't had that same treatment. But only because SE made it so that FF13 was the very first multiplatform game in the FF series (excluding games with remakes on newer consoles), and that was more recently. Has it been said that Versus was going multi? Or is it just a PS3 game? If it is multiplatform, then I'd even more strongly assume that KH3 might be multiplatform.

Probably not, but if SE keeps putting these multiplatform, then they might do the same with KH3.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Uh...I never knew someone could hate a gameplay style that badly. All it is is different way to play games; it's not like it's bastardizing the quality of games today.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It is highly unlikely that KH3 will end up on the PS3 at all. As others have said before me, the KH team has their hands full with Versus, which is in /full production/ at the moment. Unless Nomura is being sneaky and has a few of them prepping for KH3 to be released right as the PS3 dies, there is no hope of KH3 coming out this gen while Versus is still in development.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
KH3 with be on whatever system the HD remake (if we get one) is on, otherwise that'd make no sense to release the HD collection on for example, the PS3 and then release the final game in the saga on both PS3 and Xbox.

It is highly unlikely that KH3 will end up on the PS3 at all. As others have said before me, the KH team has their hands full with Versus, which is in /full production/ at the moment. Unless Nomura is being sneaky and has a few of them prepping for KH3 to be released right as the PS3 dies, there is no hope of KH3 coming out this gen while Versus is still in development.
The PS3 isn't dead yet, and even if the PS4 is released, there will still be companies releasing games on the PS3. They've put all their time and effort into making Versus which basically works in the same way as KH, and it's for the PS3. They can't just scrap all that hard work. And Nomura is the sneaky type... hopefully there is some preparation on KH3 that we don't know about.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
KH3 should never come to Xbox 360. For one thing, if you bought a 360 and were interested in JRPGs then they just flat out bought the wrong console. Even worse, their space limitations on DVD would certainly hinder the PS3 version. Graphically, their is a bit of a difference, but disc capacity is the problem with blockbuster SE games going multiplat.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Even worse, their space limitations on DVD would certainly hinder the PS3 version. Graphically, their is a bit of a difference, but disc capacity is the problem with blockbuster SE games going multiplat.
They could always pull a XIII and have the game on multiple discs, if needed. Even if there was an opportunity cost involved in developing the game for the 360, I can't imagine it'd be that bad. That being said, the fact that the 360 is dry of a jRPG fanbase is probably the most valid argument against developing KH3 for the 360.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
The PS3 isn't dead yet, and even if the PS4 is released, there will still be companies releasing games on the PS3. They've put all their time and effort into making Versus which basically works in the same way as KH, and it's for the PS3. They can't just scrap all that hard work. And Nomura is the sneaky type... hopefully there is some preparation on KH3 that we don't know about.

But can you honestly say that you think Versus will be done and released in all territories before the PS4 is released? I for one, doubt it. And depending on how long it takes them to craft KH3 for PS3, which, even with their experience doing Versus, will still take quite a bit of time. It's not like they'll be "lolz we did Versus so now we're gonna announce KH3 to be released 6 months from now your patience is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Long story short, I am of the firm belief that Versus will be the Persona 4 of this gen: a game that is released a full two years after the successor for its system.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
All I know is I never want the series to leave Sony consoles/handhelds or Nintendo handhelds. Versus isn't coming to Xbox and I see no reason why Kingdom Hearts will. There's no fanbase for it and technically the PS3 is superior, even if not by that much. I pray that Versus will release fairly early next year and Kingdom Hearts III will hopefully release Q3 2014. An HD Collection next year sometime would be great, too, but if they don't do anything next year so they can focus on KHIII I will not complain.

aspenvenom619

There's way too much risk for a 3rd party company to release a AAA exclusive. I'd see it most likely for at least nintendo and sony, especially after the inevitable success of KH3D. I wouldn't be shocked if it came out for xbox either since final fantasy did.

Katsagu

Awards
If it comes on ps3 i will be happy ^^ Dont really care if it comes in other consoles :/

Nayru's Love

Awards
ok. I was wrong but looking at this controller does not improve thing much. This controller is far to bulky, its even bulkier than the xbox controller. I find it easier to play with slimmer controllers like the ps controllers

I fail to see how you can come up with those particular conclusions with just a pic. Regardless, if most people can switch between a 360 controller and a PS3 controller with ease, then something like this should be very trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back