• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The series in it's entirety

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chefdiz19

Does anyone else REALLY want 3D to be included in 2.5 as at least a theater. They are doing these HD collections which is amazing but I really dislike that the entire series except one game will be on the same system. 3D is really new so I totally understand why they probably won't include it but it just wish they could include everything so new people can see every game. And I think it would just be really nice for all of them to be together, sort of like the bow on the present. Leaving one game out sort of feels unorganized and unfinished haha :)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It does seem counterproductive to say "Hey, we're gonna put everything in once place so people can catch up!" and then not include one of the more important titles.

It's probably something to do with an exclusivity contract, which is understandable.

If they released it as a spruced-up downloadable title, or gave us the cutscenes as 2.5 DLC, I wouldn't too upset. Of course, I actually have the game; I dunno how others might feel.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
It'd be nice, seeing how not all KH fans can go and get whatever console they decide to slap KH on next. -_-

I still need to finish BBS, play Coded, and 3D. I think it's kinda annoying that one couldn't go from KH1, to II, to III without missing a HUGE chunk of the story and probably be confused as hell.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It'd be nice, seeing how not all KH fans can go and get whatever console they decide to slap KH on next. -_-

I still need to finish BBS, play Coded, and 3D. I think it's kinda annoying that one couldn't go from KH1, to II, to III without missing a HUGE chunk of the story and probably be confused as hell.

Who knows? Maybe they will find and implement a successful way to get everyone caught up to speed in III without requiring them to play the handheld titles.

Of course, actually experiencing them would be better but in this day and age, most would choose to remain blissfully ignorant of that fact.

axel95

Awards
I'm not completely ruling out a theater mode for DDD. Coded doesn't need NEAR the amount of scenes that 358/2 got, so it's still possible, albeit unlikely, that it could be included. I do agree with the OP, it would be nice to get the whole series on one console.

chefdiz19

I know so many people who have lost interest in the series because of the platform hopping which I think is really sad, so I'd like to see all the games on the ps3, which is very accessible. I especially want it because 3D has so much to offer in terms of story and character development. A playable version would be nice but I'd settle for a theater very happily.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
the annoying thing is I think you can play 1 to 2 without playing chain of memories, you miss a few things but seeing as Sora didn't remember it himself, so it's in a way as if you're truly playing it through his eyes without it. Then the transition from 2 to 3 is going to be absolutely massive and a lot of people are going to be confused as hell.

chefdiz19

Especially with Axel and Kairi being Keyblade wielders, seeing as it was barely hinted at in 2.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It would be nice if they included, but I don't think they will. Maybe later they might remake it for the PS4 like they did for CoMs after KH2 came out.

Especially with Axel and Kairi being Keyblade wielders, seeing as it was barely hinted at in 2.

Well I guess they'll be less surprised about Kairi, seeing many probably took it as her being a wielder from what we've saw in KH2, that is if they didn't go into deeper detail and learn it wasn't her keyblade.
Lea on the other hand will definitely confuse people pretty badly, because Axel is suppose to be dead and he never showed any signs of being able to wield a keyblade.

And_5400

As selfish as it may seem since I know everyone wants to play BBS in HD, I would rather they focused on remaking 3D in full and just having BBS only be cutscenes and then just add a few important scenes from Coded into the Blank Points video. I know it's not likely but I would prefer it that way.

Pestilence

Awards
They will have 3D ported into a console experience in one way or another. Either it will be cutscenes in 2.5 (I don't think this will happen sadly), standalone HD release as a playable game after 2.5 or just a recap in KH3 itself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They will have 3D ported into a console experience in one way or another. Either it will be cutscenes in 2.5 (I don't think this will happen sadly), standalone HD release as a playable game after 2.5 or just a recap in KH3 itself.

Calling it now, they are going to use the second option.
They will release 2.5 HD with BBS FM, KH 2 FM and Re: Coded cutscenes in 2014, either as one of the last exclusive PS3 remasters or as a joint PS3/PS4 release.
Then they'll go and port/remake DDD for the PS4 (the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, hasn't it?) as a prelude to KH3, released in 2015.
Then 2016 comes KH III.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Calling it now, they are going to use the second option.
They will release 2.5 HD with BBS FM, KH 2 FM and Re: Coded cutscenes in 2014, either as one of the last exclusive PS3 remasters or as a joint PS3/PS4 release.
Then they'll go and port/remake DDD for the PS4 (the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, hasn't it?) as a prelude to KH3, released in 2015.
Then 2016 comes KH III.

Seeing how they're really focusing on KH3 and don't seem to want to make any remakes, I think it's safe to say they won't remake/port DDD at all. A recap is the most likely scenario.

Seeing how short the relevant story is of Re:Coded, I think it's not farfetched to say that they might even combine Re:Coded and DDD as "one movie", seeing how they follow eachother pretty nicely.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Seeing how they're really focusing on KH3 and don't seem to want to make any remakes, I think it's safe to say they won't remake/port DDD at all. A recap is the most likely scenario.

Seeing how short the relevant story is of Re:Coded, I think it's not farfetched to say that they might even combine Re:Coded and DDD as "one movie", seeing how they follow eachother pretty nicely.
I agree the chances of it coming out before KH3 are slime, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a DDD port/remake. After all Re:CoM came after KH2 was already out along with KH2FM+, they could easily summarize the most important parts in KH3 and then later on offer Re:DDD as a game of its own, to include in a seeker of darkness collection.

I can actually something like this working, though somewhat unlikely. Coded and DDD really fit well together so it could work, though they'd have to leave out a lot from both games to get it into a 3h movie, which would really do both games a disservice.

Aragem

I agree the chances of it coming out before KH3 are slime, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a DDD port/remake. After all Re:CoM came after KH2 was already out along with KH2FM+, they could easily summarize the most important parts in KH3 and then later on offer Re:DDD as a game of its own, to include in a seeker of darkness collection.

I can actually something like this working, though somewhat unlikely. Coded and DDD really fit well together so it could work, though they'd have to leave out a lot from both games to get it into a 3h movie, which would really do both games a disservice.

If it's not possible to port/remake the game for console, then I'll be satisfied just seeing it as a movie.

I just want the WHOLE franchise available for console. I've always hated that they spread the series out over handhelds.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just want the WHOLE franchise available for console. I've always hated that they spread the series out over handhelds.

Your not alone. u_u

Yessir_23

Awards
I don't think it's too unlikely to see DDD in 2.5. After all, Resident Evil Revelations came out on the 3DS only 2 months before DDD, and it was ported to the PS3 earlier this year, so it's not a case of DDD being too recent.

MizuMikomi

Awards
I've been thinking about my stance on Dream Drop Distance being included, and I have slowly become open to the idea. In fact, I could even go so far as to say that I hope it happens. I mean, who wouldn't like to see II.5 end up being title something like Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMix+ with the plus either being Dream Drop Distance of Birth by Sleep -Final Mix-. I know that I sure would, seeing as how I can hardly stand to play handhelds anymore unless I am at work; I am a night auditor so my shifts are barren, or on the road...where in most cases I am driving. So, the remaining four of PS3 in one collection, I'm pretty sure that they could manage that.

Aragem

I've been thinking about my stance on Dream Drop Distance being included, and I have slowly become open to the idea. In fact, I could even go so far as to say that I hope it happens. I mean, who wouldn't like to see II.5 end up being title something like Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMix+ with the plus either being Dream Drop Distance of Birth by Sleep -Final Mix-. I know that I sure would, seeing as how I can hardly stand to play handhelds anymore unless I am at work; I am a night auditor so my shifts are barren, or on the road...where in most cases I am driving. So, the remaining four of PS3 in one collection, I'm pretty sure that they could manage that.

Sure. They could fit the series on one disc, or two. I don't mind having more than one disc in one case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back