• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The second episode of Kingdom Hearts Mysteries is now live

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The second episode of our collaborative series with GameTrailers.com, called Kingdom Hearts Mysteries, is now live.

For those unfamiliar, we first announced our collaboration back in December, where we'll be working on a number of episodes that will shed light on the deeper mysteries and plot twists of the series in order to help keep everyone on track for the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts 3.

This time we're focusing on the connection Sora shares with others, as it's quite a big topic in itself. How are characters such as Ventus, Roxas and Xion connected to the series protagonist and how will he be the key towards saving them, among others, in Kingdom Hearts 3? Be sure to tell us how you liked the episode in the comments below!

If you missed our last episode, which covered the concept of time travel in the series, you can watch it here.

Our next episode, available a month from now, will revolve around Xehanort and his overall ambitions throughout the games so far. It is a very important topic for us, especially since Leonard Nimoy, voice actor of Master Xehanort, passed away this morning.

Make sure to follow us on social media to keep up to date with more info on our collaboration!

Gametrailers.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]
KHInsider.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Great episode again and I still learned one new thing and that is why Xemnas battled Sora in KHI.
I thought he was just testing him but collecting data make much more sense.
Now what about MF in BBS?

BEASTENDER

Great episode again and I still learned one new thing and that is why Xemnas battled Sora in KHI.
I thought he was just testing him but collecting data make much more sense.
Now what about MF in BBS?

That was something new that I learned as well. I assumed it was just a non canon boss fight that never actually happened; a peek at what Kingdom Hearts 2 would be like. I too wonder about Mysterious Figures seemingly random appearance. But since all 3 faced off against him, is it canon?

Masterfully done as always guys. Thank you for your kindness, effort, and willingness to share and educate.

Sorakh212

Awards
An interesting and very informative take on some of the characters and their connections to Sora. None of this was really new to me but it is interesting to look back and reflect on the series or just put in under the microscope ya know? I quite like these videos and anticipate the next one will be just as good. Great work to everyone involved and thanks for making these.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I love this Mysteries series
iloveyouplz.gif
beautiful to watch, beautiful to listen to! A great job!!
The info is sorted out in such a clear and easy-to-understand way! KH is so complicated that I can't even start explaining it to my friends, this Mysteries series narrates everything perfectly

These are pretty well put together and very informative, it's really nice to have something to look at that considers all the games in one place rather than piecing together things on your own. I love that line Xigbar gives Sora, "I see you still have that angry look down", but I never realized he was talking about Ven. I always just thought about Roxas.

WaveK89

I had originally thought Xion was created based from Roxas, but I suppose Sora's encounter with Xemnas in KH1 makes sense since Roxas wouldn't really have any data to give.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thank you all so much for your kind words, everyone!

We still have approximately three episodes left, and although most has been planned out ahead, we could always use some suggestions and even criticism. So don't be shy to let us know if there's anything you'd want for the next episodes :)

Kirbopher

Great job, all! I had a question about something...

I'm not sure if you have a finite number of episodes you'll be doing for this series, but I'm curious if (and if not, here's maybe an idea worth thinking about) you'll be doing an episode about the "production reasons" as to why certain things in the series happened, in contrast to the "story reasons". Examples such as, a lot of the key pieces of dialogue happening in KH2 because of the writer having to find places to fit all of those random English quotes from the "Deep Dive" trailer, the existence of 358/2 Days' story mainly from the overwhelming popularity of Organization 13 and having to find a place to fit a story for them within the overall arc, or the designs of Ventus and Vanitas being sparked from Roxas' popularity, as well as the idea of giving Sora's voice actor a "villainous" role that would make sense within context.

Although there's definitely thought put into the real in-universe story logic as to why all of those things happened, it's clearly obvious (and stated in several interviews by Nomura and his staff) that a lot of decisions were made for reasons -outside- of the story. It MIGHT be a topic worth doing an episode about, unless it's a little bit too far out of the realm of what you guys are going for. Either way, great job and can't wait to see the next one!

WanPisu

Awards
Thank you all so much for your kind words, everyone!

We still have approximately three episodes left, and although most has been planned out ahead, we could always use some suggestions and even criticism. So don't be shy to let us know if there's anything you'd want for the next episodes :)

Suggestions? Keep making these videos until KH3's actual release...in 2054.

Kenzichi

"-But because characters in the series don't stay dead for long.." I laughed XD

I enjoyed this video as well! Probably more than the last since I've always been intrigued with the connections of Sora's heart with others. I sorta frowned when I got to the part where it was said that Sora isn't as 'special' as the rest of the characters in the game (he's just supposed to be a normal boy), but I like the reason why he IS so special. Because of his strong heart and willingness to help others. I forgot that he wasn't even supposed to have a keyblade in the first place. He even knows this, but still keeps fighting because that's just how he is. I really love his character.

Good job with the video you guys!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
That was something new that I learned as well. I assumed it was just a non canon boss fight that never actually happened; a peek at what Kingdom Hearts 2 would be like. I too wonder about Mysterious Figures seemingly random appearance. But since all 3 faced off against him, is it canon?

Oh, Xemnas' appearance in KH1 has been canon for a while. It's the reason Sora reacts to Marluxia the way he does at the start of CoM (treating him as an enemy from the get-go) but that's vague and for all the player knows, could just have been lazy writing. More overt is Xemnas' line: "I've been to see him, he looks a lot like you." That's in reference to the KH1 fight.

Later, they'd add the Xemnas sequence to Re:CoM's opening, all prior to Days' release.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think a good idea can be an episode based on details that it's been revealed in interviews but not in games. I think that's the biggest barrier from people really getting the game.

If not an episode dedicated to it, sprinkling it in more because the more information the better. Cool video though.

LinkToAll

Awards
I liked the video, but I don't think I liked it as much as the Timeline and first episode. I may be wrong, but I thought a lot of what it said was speculation never confirmed in or outside of the games. One example being the explanation for why Ven's body didn't disappear after his heart left. To my understanding, there was no reason for his body to disappear in the first place, considering he neither died nor had his heart stolen. It was a simple separation. I don't think Nomura ever addressed this subject, so of course this is just my thoughts behind that, so I could be wrong. However, I feel as though the conclusion I drew has just as much basis as what was said in the video. I really don't think there's a clear answer at this point, and that didn't sit well with me in a video that's purpose is to give facts.

...And at the expense of sounding like a BIGGER nit-picky, know-it-all jerk: I think there was an error in the video. The part about Vanitas in DDD... Nomura addressed that in an interview (DDD's Ultimania "Scenario Mysteries"):

— Why did Xehanort and co. word things as if to try and wake Ventus who is inside Sora?
Nomura: They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’ heart reacting inside Sora.

...Which... completely contradicts what the video said, to my understanding. D: And that's the only time I'm aware of it being addressed, outside of the cutscene itself.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off nit-picky, or if I'm misunderstanding. I could be wrong, because these could've been confirmed already. But if there's an answer, it's not in the interviews on this site, which is why I'm unfamiliar with them. I just had to ask all this because, if I'm correct, I really don't want these videos to mislead people into believing things that could end up contradicted later in the series.

Rosebudx

Awards
I think a good idea can be an episode based on details that it's been revealed in interviews but not in games. I think that's the biggest barrier from people really getting the game.

If not an episode dedicated to it, sprinkling it in more because the more information the better. Cool video though.

I second this. I've tried to keep up with interviews for years, but never quite manage to catch all of them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm sorry if I'm coming off nit-picky, or if I'm misunderstanding. I could be wrong, because these could've been confirmed already. But if there's an answer, it's not in the interviews on this site, which is why I'm unfamiliar with them. I just had to ask all this because, if I'm correct, I really don't want these videos to mislead people into believing things that could end up contradicted later in the series.

That's kind of how I felt the second "walking heart" came out of his mouth.
One other nitpick, and I don't expect anyone to know what I'm talking about, but I've hated the way this guy says "Kingdom Hearts" for so, so long. It's a weird emphasis on Kingdom that does it. KIINGdom hearts. Hate it. It's like when people but the emphasis in cream cheese on cream.

But I'm crazy and the rest of the video is perfectly adequate.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A really well done episode indeed. Well done, again!
There was only one thing I would have altered a little bit. The bit were you talk about how Xemnas sampled Sora`s memories in KH1FM, I would have putted the scene itself in there. It drives the point even further home, when you see Xemnas pass trough Sora, and most of the pieces of dialogue we see, is related to Kairi. Bu this is only a small detail.

Aurum-Femina

A fantastic video! I really appreciate these videos making sense of the series. I never thought about how Sora and Xehanort are contrasted by one wishing to shelter hearts and one wanting to force his heart upon others. Quite a powerful metaphor, and one I regret dismissing when I played DDD (with the reveal of the thirteen vessels) for being a random plot addition.

I'm surprised when the similar gestures between Ven and Sora were pointed out, the video didn't go into the "hands folded behind head" pose. It may have been cut for time, but considering that five-year-old Sora first did the pose after he accepted Ven's soul (or heart?) at the end of BBS, it seemed significant as well. But it's been quite a while since I played it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back