• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The School of Duel (YGO rp)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malum Incantum

Yes, I feel sort of bad that LoC's didn't go over so well... so here I am making this one (Actually this one was one me and him planned to do on a board once, but it didn't go over so well)! Monotonous, I know. ^_^ Anywho, here it is:

Duel Monsters. A game that has spanned the world in controversy, myth, and overall, in fandom. Millions upon millions of people play this game, or at least collect the cards. Several schools have poppped up all over the world, duel academies of sort. Two schools stood above the rest.

One, was the Dueling Academy founded by Seto Kaiba. Many, many duelists train here, most of them respectable, but... somewhat different at the same time.

The other is known as the "School of Duel" or, it's technically correct name, Duel Monsters University. This one was founded by Yugi Moto, and Kairon Takamarrei. The two used to be enemies... they were even going to kill each other at one time, but it all changed sooner than not. Yugi officially retired from dueling, at the young age of 24, but still makes visits to the Academy, mainly to check on his children. The school, unlike Kaiba's, does not promote bigotrism through different houses, all duelists are housed in regular dorms. However, all duelists are still ranked, from 1 to 5 stars (1 being the worst, 5 the best).

Kairon runs the University now, as the Head Dean and Principal.

So, as the new students at Duel Monsters University, your life will be an interesting one! You will make new friends, develop strategies, gain stars and earn your way up the ranking ladder! Some of the events of the year that you can look forward to are:

-- Seasonal Dueling Tournaments and the Championship Tournament

-- Special Concerts and events

-- Field Trips

-- Mysteries

-- Much More

Who knows what all awaits you at DMU, so come on in and let class begin!

This is a mix between a Adventure/High School/Romance rp, but mainly for the sake of YGO more than anything.

You cannot start out with more than 3 stars. Remember, having one star does NOT mean you are the crappiest duelist, it just means that you have apparently less ranked battles, or things like that. It doesn't have to mean your crappy!

Rules:

1. No God Moding or Power Playing
2. Be literate and no one-lining
3. Participate -- Or Else.
4. Romance allowed and ENCOURAGED!! Just don't go too far
5. Cursing allowed, but keep appropriate please
6. Post "Rule at the School of Duel" if you read and agree to these rules.
7. Have fun. Always have fun.

Template:

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (No unknown stuff please)
Favorite Card: (In your deck!)
Rarest Card: (May/may not be the same as your fave. If not, post here.)

Posting my template in a moment.

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

Name: Malum Takamarrei

Appearance: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/Incantum/dnangel56.jpg (the red head in that picture)

Personality: Malum is a shy kind of guy. However, he is good hearted, and has been taught to be so by his father. He is very intelligent, and has somewhat of a wild side at times, but it does not come out unless drawn out.

Bio: Malum's mother died when he was two. His father raised him to the best of his abilities while trying to build the DMU. He grew up knowing Yugi Moto's children, along with the offspring of Marik and Bakura. They were all fairly good friends, and yet, he seemed sort of distant. He did trust his friends, and always has, and has always had a knack for dueling. He even holds two or three trophies and titles, which is what made him finally decide (with encouragement from his father) to join the Duel Monsters University.

Favorite Card: Silent Magician LV8 (http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductImages/267/NTR-EN002.jpg)

Rarest Card: Victory Dragon (http://store1.yimg.com/I/todayscollectors-store_1870_56208002)

Awards
((This will be a good one I hope))

"Rule at the School of Duel"

Name: Chris Adams
Appearance: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c182/narutorocks47/30648f95.jpg A few inches taller than that.
Personality: Chris the cocky slash outgoing type that loves to get in trouble but he's still a good duelist.
Bio: Chris was a happy-go-lucky kid growing up. His father sadly died when he was 8 and that made him keep to himself. As time went on, though, he started not worrying about his father's death and payed more attention to his dueling. He went to the academy when he was 11.
Favorite Card: http://www.collectorscache.com/Stor...27355&CategoryID=435&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=
Rarest Card: http://www.collectorscache.com/Stor...27360&CategoryID=435&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Rule at the School of Duel

Name: Yumi Muto

Appearance: http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/guys201.jpg

Personality: Yumi is real friendly and believes in the heart of the cards. He never let's evil have it's way. He doesn't want the puzzle because he believes he can win without it. Friendship is very sacred to him and he is very trusting. He is kinda like his father in a way.

Bio: Being the son of Yugi Muto meant great things for little Yumi. As a little kid everyone thought Yumi was going to be the next king of games. He was taught how to duel by Yugi, and Joey. He grew up with his best friend Malum and they were a force to be messed with. He was challenged by duelist and he never lost once. Seeing as his friends were going to DMU, Yumi decided he would join aswell.

Favorite Card: Gilford the Legend http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductImages/435/SD5-EN001.jpg

Rarest card: Gogiga Gagagigo http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductImages/276/AST-001.jpg

Last edited:

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
The anime sucked, the manga was quite good, yet still the anime sucked. But I'll join!

"uh... Rule at the School of Duel? Ehehe..."

Name: Hayuto Fujita

Appearance: http://photobucket.com/albums/b293/Appy-chan/anime%20pics/?action=view&current=sadlove.jpg The guy of course... and it's kissing....

Personality: Nice and sweet, but that is his deceptive trick when he meets people that never met him before. Pretends that he sucks at playing then when the actual dual happens... BAM! Out like a light. He is nice however, but he's got quite a smart mouth.

Bio: Lived a regular normal life, he has friends, but he isn't seen with them very often. Was taught by Mai Valentine in playing duel monsters, he just crashed into her during the summer. He had joined DMU soon after, using strategy to get to where he is now.

Favorite Card: http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4819&CategoryID=291&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=

Rarest Card: http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4767&CategoryID=291&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=7 But he rarely uses it.

Malum Incantum

OOC: Okay we have four people. enough to start with at least!

IC:

"Welcome students, to your brand new year at Duel Monsters University!"

Kairon stood at the podium, smiling out at the huge audience of students. He noted his son and Yumi sitting in the front row, and nodded to them. Malum just nodded back as he smiled a little.

"I hope you enjoy your life here. Have fun, learn, and grow through experience. That is our motto. That's all I have to say for now. Oh, and rules will be posted on the walls at random places. "

Malum slowly got up to make his way to the door, waiting for Yumi. "My father never was much for words eh?"

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Yumi sat down in the front row and listened to Kairon. He nodded back at Kairon. I can't wait to be as good as my father. Yumi got up and turned around to see Malum standing at the door. He walked over to Malum and said "Yeah your father is not a good talker. Can't wait to start dueling. Were gonna be the best duelist here and I'll be able to beat Kaiba's kids again, just like last week and the week before that."

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

He couldn't help but laugh and shake his head. "Hey, it's not that Kaiba's kids suck, it's that we are just that much better. " He walked out, and towards the cafeteria. "Well, we have today free, to get acquainted with people and such...so let's go grab a bite to eat!"

He suddenly stopped dead as he smacked into a large guy. "Hey! Watch where you're goin--" He looked up, and gasped in suprise at who it was.

It was none other than Bandit Keith's son, Marcus Keith. "What were you saying teacher's pet?"

Malum glared. "Oohh, that's big comin from the son of the biggest loser, cheater, and all around backstabber since the beginning of this game."

Marcus pulled on his Duel Disk. "Punk, betcha can't beat me and say that. "

Malum smiled. "You're on."

They both drew five cards, and their life points clicked up.

Malum: 4000 Lp
Marcus Keith: 4000 Lp

"Let's duel!"

OOC: Zato, and everyone else, we are outside at the moment.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
"Food sounds good at the moment." Yumi said as he walked with Malum. Yumi turned his head when Malum smacked into Marcus. When he heard the challenge, Yumi laughed. "Marcus you can't beat Malum no matter how bod you are." Yumi said still laughing. A short kid named Bones turned to Yumi and said "Hey you can't talk to Marcus that way. Now you have to deal wih me in a duel." Yumi replied "Fine then right here, right now" They both pulled out their Duel disks and Yumi said "Hey Malum let's take care of these chumps and get something to eat."

Their life points appeared and they draw 5 cards.

Yumi: 4000 Lp
Bones: 4000 Lp

Last edited:
Awards
Chris was walking around outside and noticed Yugi's son and another kid dueling some ugly looking kids. He decided he wanted to have a duel as well. So with the next ugly looking kid he saw, he tripped him.

"Hey what was that for?" the boy whose name was Zack asked.

"I felt like it," Chris said laughing.

"Alright then. Duel me," Zack demanded.

"Bring it!" said Chris.

They pulled on their duel disks and their life points clicked up and they both drew 5 cards.

Chris: 4000 Lp
Zack: 4000 Lp

Last edited:

Niwa

DDR Expert Player
Website
s15.invisionfree.com
Rule at the School of Duel

Name:AJ Sagashi

Appearance:http://photobucket.com/albums/a159/KayPocky/Anime/?action=view&current=CuteBoy.jpg

Personality:kind,helpful,loves to duel,likes getting new friends,he duels when he wants to or for a test or something he acts like he is bad at dueling but is really good.

Bio:He lspent most of his time with his friend Yugi Moto who taught him everything he knows about dueling but then Yugi left and started DMU so he went to DMU cause he wanted to see yugi again and to become a great duelist like yugi.

Favorite Card:Dark Magician Girl
http://www.collectorscache.com/Stor...4790&CategoryID=291&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=3

Rarest Card:Cyber End Dragon
http://www.collectorscache.com/Stor...27778&CategoryID=464&tabindex=0&tabid=9&Page=

AJ looked at the kids dueling and decided to watch then.Wonder how good these kids are guess i will find out."So these are the other kids nice well lets see if they are as good as they look."

"Hey you want to duel"said a kid.

I turn and look at him."Your that nick kid right."

"Yes i am now duel me cause i know your suck at dueling."Nick yelled at me.

"Ok lets duel."said AJ.

They pulled out their duel disks and their life points went up and then they drew 5 cards.

AJ: 4000 Lp
Nick: 4000 Lp

Last edited:

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
"Rule at the school of Duel"

Name: James Ashcroft

Appearance:
rotj-terry.jpg

Personality: James is a very quiet person. He usually spends a lot of time thinking to himself and blanking himself from the rest of the University. However when he's around his freinds he is happy and energetic, and he's like that when he duel's aswell.

Bio: James is originally from England. As a kid he showed great skill and talent in dueling and this skill developed over time. Eventually his parent's agreed to send him to the Dueling Acadamy. However James never wanted to go their and he secretly signed up at DMU.

However when James realised that he would be spending so much time away from his parents he got very home sick, so much so that it affected his dueling and his social outings aswell. To try to help the University allowed james to go home every now and again, but this resulted in him still being at rank 1, seeing as he as never really been able to take part in the Universities competitions.

Now though he has realised that if he is to succeed in showing the other students, teachers and freinds what he can do then he must put his head down and show what he can do with a duel disk and his deck.

Favorite Card: Total Defense Shogun
Rarest Card: Senenegjin

(Hope that's alright.....if it's too late to join then just tell me."

Shadic the Hedgehog

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hope I can join

"Rule at the School of Duel!"

Name: Taichi Suigawa
Appearance: Tai from Digimon, with a trenchcoat like Kaiba's, only black.
Personality: A mysterious fellow who doesn't talk much. His deck seems to be beased on either Dragons or Machines, but no one can tell which (That's because he's got two decks)
Bio: When he was twelve, Tai's parents were killed in a fire that burned down their home. Thereafter, he lived with Mokuba Kaiba until he was old enough to go to either DMU or Dual Acadamy. He earned, through very hard work, his adopted uncle's three Blue-Eyes, and against his uncle's wishes he attended DMU instead of Dual Acadamy. He rarely speaks of his past to anyone.
Favorite Card: (Dragon Deck)Dark Paladin/(Machine Deck) Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast
Rarest Card: (Dragon)Dark Paladin/(Machine)Fusilier Dragon

Last edited:

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
Hayuto was standing around as usual, he really didn't feel like dueling at the moment despite what everyone else was doing. But he bumps into who happens to be Mai's daughter Ridley.

"Hey watch where you're goin- Oh hey there Hayuto, I beleive you still owe me a rematch." Ridley stated.

"Well, fine then! Please go easy on my okay?" He said doing his cheerful act as he readied the duel disk.

"Yeah, right! I'm not going to fall for that again!"

"Hm, you're smarter than I thought!"

Hayuto: 4000
Ridley: 4000

(ooc: Okay um.. how is this supposed to work again? Sorry, first time doing online dueling... ehehe)

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
"I play D.D. Crazy Beast in defense mode and set this card face-down on the field. I end my turn." Yumi said as he waited for Bones.
D.D. Crazy Beast appeared on the field in defense mode.

Bones looked through his cards and summoned feral imp to the field in attack mode. Bones ended his turn.

Yumi drew a card and checked his hand. Yes exactly the cards I needed. now in one more turn Bones will be beat.

Niwa

DDR Expert Player
Website
s15.invisionfree.com
"I play Jetroid in defense mode then i end my turn."AJ said to nick as nick got ready to draw.

Nick drew and played Dark blade in attack mode."Ok your turn AJ."Nick said as he ended his turn.

AJ drew a card and looked at his hand.This is good i got a great hand i think i should bring out my powerful cards."Ok ready here it goes i play Graceful Charity."He draws 3 cards then discards 2."Ok i tribute jetroid to summon Cyber Dragon in attack mode and attack Dark Blade now i end my turn."Next turn i will win this duel.

AJ:4000 Lp
Nick:3700 Lp

Awards
Zack went first. "I summon Elemental Hero Burstinadrix and end my turn," Zack said.
Chris drew a card. Yes. "I summon Pyramid Turtle in defense mode(1400) and place one card face down and end my turn." Chris said.

Chris: 4000 Lp
Zack: 4000 Lp

Niwa

DDR Expert Player
Website
s15.invisionfree.com
Nick played one monster in face down defence mode and ended his turn.I hope he dosent get a good card or i am done this card wont save me.

"Ok my turn."AJ drew a card and smiled."Sorry but this duel is over nick first i play Raigeki this destroys your monster then i play Monster Reborn to bring back the Cyber Dragon i discarded to my graveyard then i attack with both of my Cyber Dragons and you lose."

"What but i could of sworn you suck at dueling."Nick said

"Nope it is just an act but it was a good duel but try harder next time ok."AJ put out his hand.

"I will AJ."Nick grabed my hand and we shook hands."

I walked away to look at the other duels going on.Well my first duel was ok well i will duel stronger people later.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
rule at the school of duel

i'm not to late, right Malum? Kegan told me about this

Name: Meilin Jounouchi
Appearance: you don't know yet?
meilin.jpg

Personality: Hyper as hell and spoiled, Meilin prides herself on her dueling skills. She's regularly known to boast of her defeat of her parents and their friends the year before.
Bio: The daughter of Katsuya Jounouchi (Joey Wheeler) and Mai Valentine, Meilin is a skilled duelist who inherited several of her parents favored cards. However, Meilin's dueling stratigy is significantly different, relying mostly on equipment and traps.
Favorite Card: Maha Vailo (God I love this card!)
Rarest Card: Red Eyes Black Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back