• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THE SCARLET LETTER

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Its a very good in my opinion, and it just points out more how idiotic the Puritans were =P Who else likes it?

Jopari

Wasn't this written by Nathaniel Hawthorne to make himself feel better about his relative prosecuting people in the first place?

UnknownEnigma

er they werent idiotic then...and they kinda arent now. it was just what they believed till some radical people thought differntly! l ol back then they may think we're idiots, counting on electronics and all. ANYWAY i thought the book was....somewhat boring. i mean yeah some good parts but most of it, 85% was boring. I also enjoyed the twists but some were preditable....but i would still read it again when im 65 or something in my library.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Wasn't this written by Nathaniel Hawthorne to make himself feel better about his relative prosecuting people in the first place?

Yes.

His grandfather was the judge in the Salem Witch Trials.

I can see why he'd like to distance himself.

We read this book for English, I wrote a paper about the nature of the character's names.

Quite an interesting topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back