• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Scarcity of Disney Bosses Shrink Within Each New Entry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
Counting the numbers you can see how they've been dwindling from each game:

KH1 had a total of 23 Disney bosses (Counting rematches & Hades Cup)
KH2 had a total of 20/27 Disney bosses (Counting rematches & Paradox Cup)
KH: COM had a total of 6 Disney bosses
KH: 358/2 Days had a total of.....literally 2 Disney bosses
KH: BBS had a total of 11 Disney bosses (Counting Monstro)
DDD had a total of 4 Disney bosses
And finally, KH3 had a total of 6 Disney bosses (Counting Dark Baymax)

Now, long ago I argued that I wasn't into like...returning Disney villains solely for them being mere boss fodder, but looking back...not only the Disney villains but the sense of fighting Disney characters was...kinda what made me into Kingdom Hearts. Now, I have doubts that the Disney aspect of KH3 will be fixed in regards to that in Re: Mind, but...the decreasing of Disney boss fights in favor of the original enemies is both a nice turn and...a big takeaway. It's been like a rollercoaster in regards to these boss fights in favor of Heartless & Dream Eater boss fights.

okhi12

Awards
There's not much that can be done about it. Disney doesn't want to have Disney characters fighting in KH anymore, so Square had to replace Disney bosses with other enemies. At least we got the titans... I hope Disney reconsiders it and changes its mind for future KH titles.

GrandWebster

What really confuses me is that there are still Disney villains/ enemies that can be OP as Hell, a way to make disney to be relevant again! Literally becoming of the best bosses in the entire franchise:

- Dr. Facillier is essentially a KH villain. But Nomura or just KH team are too blind to see it.
- The Headless Horseman: Again literally would fit into the series!

It helps that These two specifically are from older movies (10 years old and 60 years old), so I feel like they can experiment with them a bit more than can with newer disney movies. Since there are hardly anymore super villains in new movies

So with those two, either KH team are too blind to see it, they forgot it, or Disney really doesn't want us fighting their old supervillains anymore.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
People here are resistant to Star Wars & Marvel worlds but I imagine we'd at least get to fight some sith lords & supervillains.

Firebird from Fantasia 2000?

I think the "Friends on the Other Side" would more likely be the bosses of P&tF than Facillier. They could do more crazy stuff with the masks.

GrandWebster

I think the "Friends on the Other Side" would more likely be the bosses of P&tF than Facillier. They could do more crazy stuff with the masks.

I was thinking that the "Friends on the Other Side" could be heartless that Dr. Facilier manifested himself, I wish we could see Disney villains get more involved with the story, I think Dr. Facilier would be cool addition to maleficent squad

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was thinking that the "Friends on the Other Side" could be heartless that Dr. Facilier manifested himself, I wish we could see Disney villains get more involved with the story, I think Dr. Facilier would be cool addition to maleficent squad
Yeah if she'd put together another council he'd be a good addition. Also feel like the games would benefit from Disney allowing the villains to leave their worlds like Maleficent does, that way can be a thorn in Sora's side over a longer time period and slowly grow their numbers.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't want Disney bosses to go away, but as said above Disney/Pixar don't want their characters fightable, at least not their new big cashcows. One reason I love the Clayton fight is because they paired him with a big Heartless to make up the fact that all the man can do is shoot a shotgun.

It's a shame they don't want us battling the Disney characters. I can kinda understand not wanting Elsa or Buzz Lightyear to be under some control and fighting them, but Hans, Mother Gothel, Randall? They are bad guys doing bad things, why can't we battle them for messing with our Disney characters. I would have loved to smack Hans around for betraying Anna, and I'm sure several Frozen fans feel the same. These new restrictions do have a me worried for future Disney worlds.

That being said, the Heartless/Unversed boss fights that take their place have been really fun too. I think there are several Heartless bosses that are better then the standard Disney bosses, so it comes down to how fun the boss is. Genie Jafar sucked in KH2 as a boss.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I remember having the idea that the Zurg bossfight would have him piloting some sort of large toy spaceship instead of just Zurg by himself. In the end, we got the spaceship but no Zurg with it.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
We need to find a way to express to Disney that Villains are evil and we WANT to be able to beat them up with a keyblade and their respective heroes by our sides.

Back