• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sad Truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraX

Awards
I JUST WANT TO KNOW AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO USED TO BE ABLE DRINK MILK, EAT ICE CREAM, AND HAVE PIZZA, BUT THEN LIFE PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE ONE DAY AND SAID "NO MILK FOR YOU", THEN "NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU", THEN FINALLY "NO PIZZA FOR YOU MOTHER RUSSIA!"

The sad truth of a person who suffers from lactose intolerance :'D

I'm really tired and probably should go to bed. I'm also wondering why on earth I did this.

Maybe it's the lack of pizza in my life. :''D

I'm weird and need more hobbies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
DO NOT FEAR YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I used to love milk. It was my favorite drink...I loved ice cream...and cheese.

Then one day milk started tasting funny. I couldn't drink it without it tasting like it was spoiled even though it would be a new carton. Then I started getting sick and then I started getting pain in my esophagus because my body wanted to throw it up. I never noticed it was connected to the times in ingested milk products until I felt the pain lock up my trachea.

So now I only have a little bit of milk in my diet. Soy doesn't agree with me, so I avoid it like the plague.

Cereal hasn't been the same because almond milk doesn't get cold enough for my tastes, I can't eat chocolate ice cream, or grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas :c

(I cheat with ice cream and quesadillas, though. I will slip them in every now.)

I think the worst part about it isn't just getting sick from it, but the fact that now I can taste when milk is in anything. It tastes wrong, so it ruins the enjoyment of certain foods.

This is a serious question in a Forum Insanity Thread (joke's on me, haaaaaaa): does soy pizza exist? :confused:

It does and it is gross. I have sought out dairy alternatives and all they do is make me sad.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i am sorry for you guys. to give up dairy to me is death.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
You know, we're actually the weird ones. Over 75% (if I'm remembering my biology lesson from 11th grade correctly) of the world is lactose, which is why it's weird we drink it the way we do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's weird, but I've coped with it. The problem is mainly that almost everything has dairy in it so it is hard to avoid it and it isn't like you can get alternatives everywhere.

I think the last time I was really disappointed was when I wanted a chai tea and as I'm waiting I see the barista pour a shitton of milk into my cup and I wanted to cry because I didn't know they put milk in it. I didn't have time to be upset so I didn't ask for a new cup without milk or almond milk, but I did waste $3 on something I couldn't drink.

I took like two sips, my throat was already like "lol no" and I had to throw it out and run to where I needed to be.

My friends forget sometimes, too, so they go get ice cream and I have to stand there like "well, I guess I'll buy...a frozen banana?"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i drink a lotte mill caus it keep me bones srung

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's weird, but I've coped with it. The problem is mainly that almost everything has dairy in it so it is hard to avoid it and it isn't like you can get alternatives everywhere.

I think the last time I was really disappointed was when I wanted a chai tea and as I'm waiting I see the barista pour a shitton of milk into my cup and I wanted to cry because I didn't know they put milk in it. I didn't have time to be upset so I didn't ask for a new cup without milk or almond milk, but I did waste $3 on something I couldn't drink.

I took like two sips, my throat was like "lol no" and I had to throw it out and run to where I needed to be.

this is TERRIBLE I'M SORRY ETHY

WE MUST HARVEST THE COW DNA AND INTEGRATE INTO OUR OWN

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I took like two sips, my throat was already like "lol no" and I had to throw it out and run to where I needed to be.

My friends forget sometimes, too, so they go get ice cream and I have to stand there like "well, I guess I'll buy...a frozen banana?"

chai tea doesn't have milk in it, unless you ordered a chai tea latte. I guess the barista must have wrongly assumed you wanted a latte, since those are more popular than regular ones.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
chai tea doesn't have milk in it, unless you ordered a chai tea latte. I guess the barista must have wrongly assumed you wanted a latte, since those are more popular than regular ones.

I definitely ordered chai tea so they probably did even though they charged me for a tea and not a latte. But like I said, I didn't have time to correct them. xD

AuroraX

Awards
I'm not dairy intolerant, so I can have most cheeses (thank God) and Frozen Yogurt. I do feel for you Master Spockanort. I just get really gassy, feel like I'm going to throw up and die for 8 hours, and regret ever eating or drinking whatever caused me that suffering. I've learned to love baked goods and I end up making a lot of people jealous since I get cupcakes all the time.

And yes, that is true, about 75% of people on the planet earth are lactose intolerant. You see, once you are no longer a babe, a wee child, your body no longer needs that stuff, so basically it just says "no". But it has been jammed into our brains that we *have* to have milk or else we'll die. FALSE! As I said, we only need the stuff when we are wee children. What us adults need is a place to cry when thinking about taxes and adult stuff. :D

As for soy: That's a no go, especially if you're a woman. Does all kind of wacky things to your thyroid.

I honestly know a lot facts about food and it would make most of you hate me. :')

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
B-but..there's lactose free milk...
And why can't you eat pizza when you're lactose intolerant?

AuroraX

Awards
Mozzarella is one of the few cheeses that has lactose. It's made with Buffalo milk, which has a very high percent of lactose in it. I would go for the lactose free milks, but a lot of times they put something else in there that's not so good for you. :') I do drink almond milk from time to time though.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Like AuroraX said, chu, most cheeses are lactose free because of the long maturing process.
So you like mozzarella pizza?
Dunno about over where you live, but we got pretty good lactose free mozzarella and lactose free milk here in Germany. I feel sorry for you. :(
I love rice-coconut milk though!!

AuroraX

Awards
Like AuroraX said, chu, most cheeses are lactose free because of the long maturing process.
So you like mozzarella pizza?
Dunno about over where you live, but we got pretty good lactose free mozzarella and lactose free milk here in Germany. I feel sorry for you. :(
I love rice-coconut milk though!!

The only cheese pizza here in the states is mozzarella pizza. I've honestly never heard of pizza without it. Of course you can feel free to suggest any cheeses outside of mozzarella, because I make my own pizzas most of the time anyway. Coconut milk is really good for chocolate pudding. :3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Most pizza over here is made with gouda, emmental or (the most popular in Germany) edam. I love all three of those.
Coconut is also great for licor 43 with milk.......*cough*

AuroraX

Awards
Ohhh Gouda is lactose free and amazing. I'll have to try making a pizza with that one time! The mention of Germany also reminds me I still need to make bounty kuchen. I also just realized I accidentally deleted the only recipe I had in English. :'D RIP Me.

I don't drink, but I'll keep that in mind for any of my friends. :p

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Ohhh Gouda is lactose free and amazing. I'll have to try making a pizza with that one time! The mention of Germany also reminds me I still need to make bounty kuchen. I also just realized I accidentally deleted the only recipe I had in English. :'D RIP Me.

I don't drink, but I'll keep that in mind for any of my friends. :p

Bounty as in the chocolate bar? Might try that as well, lol.

Rice-Coconut milk also goes well with ANY vanilla drink actually, not only licor 43 or things with alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back