• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

serenefire

Awards
@KitKat: Thanks for making that list! I knew a few of those were ongoing, but most of them, I didn't realize. I'll take a closer look at everything this weekend. Some of you should expect PMs from me in the near future. (;

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Keep your eyes on the original section too. Might find a new classical RP there in the coming weeks.

So... How's the section been since I was last active? I forget how long ago that was.

Pretty much exactly the same as before, I think. Last I saw of you was at the beginning of Persona: Frozen and I don't think anything too ground breaking has happened. KH: Arcana is a thing, I guess?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I've been dragging my heels about it, but I should have the opening post for R.E.M. up tomorrow, an act that should hopefully jump-start my activity once again.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yea, I noticed that. Anyone care to explain what that is? Or even directing me to the nearest thread explaining it would be good.

Kingdom Hearts: Arcana Summary/Story.

You're welcome everyone. If there are further questions I'll be around to ask. :)

CD-Mann said:
Keep your eyes on the original section too. Might find a new classical RP there in the coming weeks.

I'm in. I'll join! *waves my arms in the air like I just don't care* lol.

OmniChaos said:
I've been dragging my heels about it, but I should have the opening post for R.E.M. up tomorrow, an act that should hopefully jump-start my activity once again.

I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

But yeah, I've been dragging my own heels with posting myself.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
So I've a bit of a question for everyone. I would like to revitalize the CotW, again, but, based off the last run, I get the feeling the week time limit may be a bit restricting for people. So, I would like to gauge before I decide to change or take it down, if changing it from the "Character of the Week" to the "Character of the Month" would interest anyone enough to participate. Everything else would continue to work fundamentally the same, only that the submission span would change from a week to a month for each theme, allowing for more time to create the characters. If not, then I'll just take it down and be done with it.

It's fate is in your hands. I leave it to you.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So I've a bit of a question for everyone. I would like to revitalize the CotW, again, but, based off the last run, I get the feeling the week time limit may be a bit restricting for people. So, I would like to gauge before I decide to change or take it down, if changing it from the "Character of the Week" to the "Character of the Month" would interest anyone enough to participate. Everything else would continue to work fundamentally the same, only that the submission span would change from a week to a month for each theme, allowing for more time to create the characters. If not, then I'll just take it down and be done with it.

You know I'll participate for the fun of it. Maybe not all the time but, some of the time. ;3

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards

I have never done CotW, but I think the month expansion would give bring in more contributers, more quality submissions, and a tougher duty for whoever the judge is haha Go for broke and follow your gut!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm making a new list, since it's become more active in here.

Recently Newly Added RPs

CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition] RP

Requires more Interest before it becomes an RP or Getting Ready to Start

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers/Tactics RP

Conquers RP

Rps Currently Going

R.E.M. Reality, Existence, Mentality RP

The Last Queen RP

Miracles AU/Canon RP

Pokemon: Rise and Fall Rp

Persona Frozen RP

Kingdom Hearts: Arcana

List of Active RPers

InnerPeace
OmniChaos
Ordeith
Roxie1563
Skitty Cat
Eternal Dream
Lunarmaster54
kingdomkeylight
CD-Mann
SwagStarIV
Noblesse Oblige
Lone
I<3Kiari
sephiroth2
HyperShadic
Chromatic

----

Then there's also CotW trying to be revived by OmniChaos.

OmniChaos said:

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hello, all!

I just wanted to make it known that The Collected Works of Spurius, The Last Queen, has completed its first phase, or "draft." If you were looking for a good time to jump into the action, now is the opportune moment!

We're in a transitional phase meant to get the creative juices flowing for the next draft's story arcs. Though "Spurius" has always been a ground for experimentation, now you're free to write and post anything — literally anything — within this setting/premise, without any regard for continuity. It's essentially a group brainstorming session. I hope that some of you will join in the fun!

Vespy89

I would really like to get back into roleplaying can anybody help me out? i usually like to do play by post style

Eventua

I would really like to get back into roleplaying can anybody help me out? i usually like to do play by post style

Well, you're in luck - play by post is the main style of roleplaying done here (I can't actually think of any examples where a tabletop system with stats has been used, in all honesty).

Currently, though, things have slowed down a lot - that might just be connected to the relative inactivity of the site as a whole. Alas, the problems of a fan forum for a game series that only gets a new game every two to six years. ;-;

That's not to say there aren't any RPs available, however - there's a fair few, mainly in the Canon Roleplay section. Take a look in the sign-up sections, keep an eye on what RPs had recent posts (sometime this year, ideally within the last few weeks is best) and post your interest.

Eventua

OPEN FOR - AND IN NEED OF - APPLICATIONS

Since Souls Within Steel is still in need of three applications (technically five, but two players have already signed up and chosen a Path each), I figure I'll mention it here in case anyone was interested in joining. I have a lot of cool stuff planned regarding the world, backstory and NPCs - I really want to make use of it, and this offers a really unique way to do that.

For those who don't know, it's a horror sci-fi post apocalyptic roleplay which draws most of its inspiration from Dark Souls and NieR (with a little bit of '9' and some other stuff in there too) with the main 'feature' being that the players are only given partial setting information, but what setting information they get access to is different for each of them - the characters will have to learn to rely on each other, but also who they can trust, since some of the 'Paths' available may have sinister secret agendas of one sort or another, while seemingly harmless goals may reveal themselves to have darker or more destructive effects on the world than first imagined.

It deals with themes of trans-humanism, the loss of ones memories and family, the nature of mortality and free-will, and the conflict between the 'Greater Good' and the needs of those around you.

Currently available are the Abyss, Weapon and Bound ​paths, and all of them are integral to the plot and setting

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Man, I just wanna say both the Vanguard and Souls Within Steel RPs look hella rad. If I wasn't such a lazy slob (or if I didn't know myself better) I'd love to join both of them. But since I do know myself, I know there's no way I'd be able to keep up with both of them as well as all the other stuff I've got going on, including real life. I'm hoping those two in particular go smoothly though!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sup folks, listen to CD-Mann and get in VNGRD. It's got a Wiki and everything.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm new to the RP section here. I used to be heavily involved in the section on some other sites, and I really miss it. I haven't role played in some time, and I'm not sure how active the section is here, as I haven't had the time to look through anything yet, as I've been somewhat busy.

if this is still relevant, I would love to see this. I think it is a fantastic idea, and a month would be better than a week. If not still relevant, then just ignore it.

I used to run a lot of roleplays myself, so once my schedule clears up a bit I'm looking forward to participating.

Back