• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NobodyWithAHeart

Hey I'm new to the RPing. The only type of rolplaying I do is Warhammer 40K's Dark Heresy, but that's it.

People add me, I'm looking for new people to meet and talk to :)

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Welcome to the roleplaying section, Nobody.

I would like to point out, though, that Warhammer 40k is a role-playing game, whereas the roleplaying done in this section is all literacy-based, meaning that the roleplaying here isn't as much as a game, as it is the writing and building of a story through character interactions and unfolding events. Think of it like a group of people writing a story, with each one writing only from the point of view of their own characters.

You can check the "Roleplaying Rules and Guidelines" thread for various roleplaying terms and rules. There is a link to the thread on the first post of this thread.

If you would like more help with learning how to roleplay or improving your skills, keep an eye out for the Roleplaying Academy, where you can be paired up with a more experienced roleplayer to help you. It isn't around quite yet, but it should be posted fairly soon.

Radet

Hello, I'm new here. I'm also somewhat new to roleplaying on forums, but I have played tabletop rpgs with friends quite a few times before, so I'm not new to RPing in general. I decided to register after playing BbS for the fourth time and thinking how the KH world could make for a fun RP where people have to travel around the worlds to gather evidence to prove who kidnapped Sora, or something like that. So uh...hello?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Good to meet you, Radet! If you have any questions about roleplaying on KHI, don't hesitate to submit a question here--if none of the stickied threads provide an answer, that is.

As for your proposed KH RP, try posting a brainstorming thread here in the general roleplaying section, to gather interest.

Eventua

I came back, because... well, I'm not sure. I guess I just missed having a decent roleplay and decent people to play with/against. I've had some new ideas, though, and I like to think that my writing has improved.

Dark Drive

Awards
Salutations all.

.........that was lame.

Anyway, i was kinda wondering if the Roleplaying was the same as another Roleplaying forum i am a member on. on that one we would do it like this:

----------------------
A figure slid into the tavern, wearing a long white coat with red details. the coat had a matching hood covering her face, and there was a long tear in the coat, suggesting a recent swordfight. She took her hood off and sat at the counter, not bothering to order a drink. She was 16 years old, with long blond/orange hair, and golden-amber eyes. She flicked through a ragged tome while she sat there.

------------
If we do it like that then i already have plenty of practise. Especialy with over 2,000 posts on Warrior Cats RPG. I often do a KH RP over there. i have maybe 3.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Yes, the roleplays are literary in nature, so you should be fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or check the Roleplaying rules stickied in this section.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I actually forgot that this existed.
How silly of me.

Hai.

Dark Drive

Awards
Tis' Normal.

If anyone wants to start an RP, perhaps an Original one, Leave something on my profile, or something.

I wouldn't mind doing something Ivalice-related. ~<3

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I thought I'd give a little, albeit long-over due, update regarding the progress of the Roleplaying Academy. Right now, the academy is nearly ready for posting. All that I am waiting for at the moment is one small section that I had saved on my desktop computer, which my dad should be emailing to me fairly soon. So, barring any surprises, I would say expect the Roleplaying Academy up within the week.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
We'll be redoing the auditions, because the new Academy will have a tighter mentor system, so that none of the mentors become overwhelmed and so that we can assure that people searching for help will get the best help possible.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Orion just found our missing section on his computer, so you can expect the Roleplaying Academy up within the next couple of days.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I apologize for the double post, but I'd like to announce that the Roleplaying Academy is up and accepting mentor applications.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
I was about to wonder why I hadn't seen this thread before. Then I realized that it was only made a couple months ago.. o:.
Although I'm not certain that I'll actually be active around here, simply because I haven't been active on the KHI forums for quite a while, I suppose I'll make some sort of introduction.

I'm UmbraTsuki. I sign my posts because I'm a dork. Originally came to these forums and only hung out in the fanclubs. Started becoming inactive, blah blah blah, now the fanclubs don't seem to be very active, so I naturally came over to the roleplaying section.
I've joined a couple roleplays here, in the past. Unfortunately, those ended up dying, which seems to be my general luck with forum roleplays .-. I swear it's not my fault. Entirely.
No idea what kind of reputation Tumblr has around here, but I've been roleplaying almost entirely on Tumblr for nearly a year now. Huge mix of casual script-like roleplaying and actual paragraphs over there, haha. I believe that I can honestly say I've improved on roleplaying since whenever I last roleplayed here, though I certainly can't live up to some of the quality posts made in these forums. Stiiiillll, I'd be interested in joining a good roleplay, some time.

I really talk too much, but hello, everyone.
I think the Academy looks interesting. I might want to sign up as a student, some time..=w=;.
~Umbra~

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
My curiosity has been nagging me on this lately, so instead of continuing on thinking about it, I'm just going to go on and ask it. Since the Roleplaying Academy is now up and running, my question is: What would you, as the Roleplaying community, like to see done? Be it some sort of roleplay, contest, or whatever, let out all those little ideas hiding away in your minds.

Back