• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Just a head's up to those who might not have noticed:

The Battle section has been merged into the main roleplaying section (i.e., this one), and has been given a "Battle" prefix to differentiate it. This is due to the low activity and post-rate in the section, and it was ultimately decided that it no longer warranted a sub-section.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
By the by, I've reopened Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate for anyone who would like to join! You don't have to put up a character template, but go ahead and read this post before posting just to get an idea of how things are running. I had a lot of fun putting together the first chapter with a number of great roleplayers, but many of them aren't available to continue, so I'm looking for new members to join! Continuing roleplayers are myself, Eternal Dream, and Skitty Cat. Let me know if you have any questions, or just start posting!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay, I was waiting for that to reopen! :D Glad it's open now! If I'm not too busy with homework, I'll see if I can join in. ;w; How long is it going to be open for?

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yay, I was waiting for that to reopen! :D Glad it's open now! If I'm not too busy with homework, I'll see if I can join in. ;w; How long is it going to be open for?
We'd be glad to have you! From now on, I'll probably keep it "open" on a permanent basis, but I might limit the times when new characters can be introduced to coincide with developments in the plot (e.g. discovering a new world). But until we get enough people to get things moving again, it's all open!

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Is there anyone who would be interested in seeing the Character of the Week return?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
For those who actually check this thread, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something a bit simpler: a zombie roleplay.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
For those who actually check this thread, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something a bit simpler: a zombie roleplay.

I actually thought of this a while back myself, I was imagining something in the vein of The Walking Dead or Dawn of the Dead. I think it would be cool and easy to get into.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Closer to "Sneak, hide, and be very, very quiet." I want there to be a heavier emphasis on realism and survival, meaning guns and ammunition are not only rare, but also dangerous, in that the sound of gunfire would attract further Infected to the area. Also, the appearance of Infected would only be controlled by myself and those who have a character who became infected during the coarse of the roleplay that were able to turn into an Infected. Again, to add further emphasis on survival by removing the factor of being able to control when the Infected appear.

As far as plot, I picture it taking several weeks after the initial infection, originating in Las Vegas and spreading out from there. Apart from the typical "find a safe haven" cliche, I was thinking the party could also go in search for a mysterious military base code-named "Jericho." Whether that base be the ultimate safe haven, the answer to all the questions about the outbreak, or something else entirely is up for debate.

Also, considering the Pentagon now officially has a plan and protocol in case of a "zombie apocalypse" (which is a lot less comforting than if they didn't), I thought the inclusion of this military base is suddenly a lot more realistic.

Granted, this is all open to change, depending on the general consensus toward it.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I actually prefer the emphasis on sneaking. A true call to survival horror. I also like that we are starting after the outbreak as opposed to before/during, I think it will make it much easier to handle starting up.

Now, if someone turns, are you saying they will gain control of their zombie self for a period of time?

Anyway, this seems awesome. Consider me on board if you decide to actually go somewhere with it.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Keep an eye out for it, cause I should have it up in the next few days. It'll likely have the title "Jericho." And, I feel a strong point for this roleplay would be that it won't hinge on the number of roleplayers joining. It could easily start up and go with as little as three people and run perfectly fine. Meaning, there's no worry about the roleplay not starting from a lack of roleplayers.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Keep an eye out for it, cause I should have it up in the next few days. It'll likely have the title "Jericho." And, I feel a strong point for this roleplay would be that it won't hinge on the number of roleplayers joining. It could easily start up and go with as little as three people and run perfectly fine. Meaning, there's no worry about the roleplay not starting from a lack of roleplayers.

I was actually going to vm you about this today because ever since you brought it up I've been pretty excited about it, I think this RP has a lot of potential. And it's good to hear that it doesn't need to depend on the number of people who join. It does seem to be that kind of RP that could have very few people or a very large number and be fine.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I failed to mention, there will also be an award given for winning one of the weeks. Depending on how successful it is this time, there may be even further awards for, say, 25, 50, and 100 wins (or 10, 25, and 50; or whatever).

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I failed to mention, there will also be an award given for winning one of the weeks. Depending on how successful it is this time, there may be even further awards for, say, 25, 50, and 100 wins (or 10, 25, and 50; or whatever).

Awwwww yiss, buttonsssszzzzzs ouo

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've never seen the Character of the Week, I've heard of it, but never got to partake. I think it'll be fun!

Back