• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Rise of the God of Torture

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba_1

Author
I woke up in the middle of the night to hear a banging noise. I listened for a few more minutes and it kept going over and over again. Bang bang bang. I also heard the wind outside, so I was guessing it was the wind blowing on the trees, forcing the trees to hit the side of the house.

I got out of the bed and walked down the hallway to check on my parents, just to see if they're awake and could hear the tree branch. I approached their door, turned the knob, and didn't see them. Their bed hasn't even been touched yet.

I furrowed my eyebrows and went down the stairs. They were probably watching T.V. late again.

Bang bang bang.

I got downstairs and saw the T.V. Was still on, but no one on the couch.

“Mom? Dad?” I called to them in the darkness.

Bang bang bang.

I rolled my eyes. I wanted the noise to end. I went outside and felt the wind blowing against my weight and whipped my hair in my face. I looked towards the tree closest to my house and saw two pieces of rope hanging on the tree branch, tied like a noose . . . with my parent's dead bodies.

Bang bang bang. Their bodies hit against the wall of the house, their corpse lifeless and cold. Their eyes white as the moon.

Bang bang bang, the noise repeated. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but at the same time I did. I was about to cover my mouth with trembling hands, but not fast enough before I let out an earsplitting scream.

That dream scared me to death, I was more than glad to be awake. I had the dream just after we got home from the mountains. I was playing around with my peanut butter sandwich at lunch time, quiet for once as everyone in the cafeteria was talking among themselves about their social lives. Alchemy, Spark, Sky, Guardian, and Snow were talking among themselves, quiet enough for others that sat by us wouldn't hear them, planning on how to take down Sorrow. I didn't participate in their plan, my only excuse was because I wasn't familiar with plans to fights, I was still new to the world I supposedly belong in, the world they all belong in. I could see the snow falling outside from the window, counting the flakes with my dazed eyes, allowing myself to let my guard down for once

Last edited:

Endgame

:D
Sorrow raised a glass of red wine to his lips, and delicatly took a sip, savouring the flavour.

"Gather to me, my followers" he intoned, and several portals of darkness appeared, each beside a seat at the long table he lounged beside, seated at the head, feet up on the table, a bottle of wine perched beside them.

Such willing pawns in his eternal game. If humans were so superior to him, why then were they so easily manipulated? Disposable as they were, his minions each had their own uses, and he intended to exploit those.

Taking another sip, he swirled the wine around within the glass, awaiting the arrival of his loyalists through the portals he had created.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Endless corridors leading to infinite doors. Infinite doors leading to endless corridors. There was a law here: "You won't find what your looking for unless you know where it is at." This house seemed more like a crypt. Or maybe the crypts were too comfortable for thier own good. Whatever the case was, unless someone in his family were to look for him, Jet would be safe from anyone. Well, almost anyone. His underground house was a perfect hiding spot from everyone but one person, and that person isn't even considered a person: Sorrow.

Sorrow could simply appear in front of Jet if he wanted to...But Jet knew he wouldn't. Jet flipped a card over on the desk; he was playing a game of solitare. He knew what he was now, just a servant of Sorrow's. He probably wouldn't be able to change that, and even if he could, he probably wouldn't do it in fear of losing control of his cards.

"Gather to me, my followers"
The voice boomed from every direction, but Jet knew he was the only one who could hear it here. He turned his head a bit and saw a dark portal open. Jet sighed.
"Almost won my game, too."
Somewhat reluctantly, he stacked his cards, placed them in their spot on his belt, and entered the portal.

When he reached the other side, he found a large table in front of him. At every seat, another portal lay. At the very head of the table, Sorrow sat. Sipping his wind.
"Good Evening," Jet said to him, "did you happen to call us?" He asked, sitting himself at the chair in front of him, which was, incidentally, the one across from Sorrow.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Guardian was sitting in his usual spot in the cafeteria of the school that he and the others went to. As he was raising the luke-warm burger to his lips he notices Fate going silent for a change of pace. With her doing that he knew that there was something wrong with her, but he didn't know what it was. For the time being he decides to attack the only thing that can subside his hunger and bites into the patty between the two buns. He notices how the bland meat doesn't do much to satsify his taste, but is boosted by the mustard and ketchup that he has slathered on the patty. He then looks from face to face of the others around him and once again notices that Fate is still quiet.

He puts the burger that is already half-eaten back on the plate and swallows hard. From there he feels the lump block off his throat and takes a hefty gulp from the Diet Coke resting on the tray. He then looks to the girl once more and tries to figure out what it is that he should ask. "You okay?" His voice is lined with a thin layer of concern for the girl, but he still keeps a bit of a distance from getting too emontional. Doing that actually helps him to remain calm in most situations.

Elphaba_1

Author
I snapped out of my trance when I heard Guardian speak to me. I look to him in question, wondering if he was talking to me. He hardly says anything to me, occasionally two words or so whenever he asks me if I was okay or if I had any injuries. 'Yeah, I'm fine," I lied to him. I dropped my eyes to my sandwich and took a nibble, starting to feel less hungry each minute. Stressing out usually does that to me, my appetite disappears over worrying about whatever is coming up or planned out.

I made sure not to make any contact with any of the guys. My suggestions wouldn't have helped anyways if I was in the conversation. I didn't have any powers that I knew about. Only the questionable sudden explosion that occurred out of nowhere up in the mountains that injured Sorrow and a blast of lightning when Sorrow was inches away from killing me. I didn't know if that was me or if it was any of the guys and wasn't even telling me.

I sighed and took a sip of the half-full 7-Up without tasting it.

Endgame

"But of course I called to you. You know that all too well. That's how things work between you and I, Jet. I call and you answer."

He smiled as he raised his glass in a toast, his icy blue eyes narrowing.

"To servitude." He said with a grin.

Jet was perhaps one of the most skilled of his minions... and that made him dangerous. For that reason, Sorrow would never allow Jet to forget the fact that he was but a servant, and Sorrow his master. And for that reason, he also allowed Jet some awards his fellows were not privvy to. Such as the seat at the end of the table, opposite he himself.

Though Jet was hardly his favourite. That honour, and curse, was reserved for another.

"Sit, Jet." Sorrow muttered with another of his grins. There was a bottle of wine and a glass identical to his own at each seat. A reward, of sorts.

"Sit, and drink. Your promt arrival means you have the misfortune of awaiting your peers."

Sugar Rush

A crazy sugared high idiot XD
has become lost in the world, due to sugar high. ^
Alchemy sat at the lunch room, wondering why this food was always so.. blah... He quietly transformed what was school pizza into a slice that would've fitted perfectly in with pizza from Pizza Hut. And he also transformed the water he had into fruit punch. He noticed Guardian try to make small talk with Fate, and Alchemy really didn't care at the moment. He focused on his pizza, wondering why he was here when he could be elsewhere.

Last edited:

sand_drew

Jade sat perched on the brick wall, invisible, watching the tide of people swarm past below. Her eyes darted from person to person and she found it hard to stop herself from killing some of them, enjoyable though it would have been. She grew bored watching the stream of people and teleported away to a more isolated spot.

She arrived in a small, secluded clearing in the midst of a park not far away. Not many people came to this place, due to the fact that access to it required passing through a thick band of foliage. Just as she began practicing her powers on a nearby shrub, turning it from beautiful scenery to one big fire, she heard Sorrow's voice.

"Gather to me, my followers"

Turning she stepped through the portal and ended up next to a chair. "You called?" she spoke softly, strange for her but she knew Sorrow enough to know it was best not to anger him.

Endgame

"Sit, drink." He intoned, wondering if he'd have to repeat the ritual for every arrival. He indicated the chair on his immediate left.

"I've been wondering." His voice broke through the silence: "About Love."

He paused to finish his wine, and set the glass on the table, sitting up from his reclining position to take hold of the bottle.

"Love. Something so many people spend so much time... their whole lives, searching for. Yet none of them can really say exactly what it is. Tell me. What do you two think Love is?"

He finished pouring the glass and sat back, in his high-backed, throne-like seat, placing his left hand on the armrest. The right held the glass slightly to the side, unwanted for the moment

He couldn't help but smirk as silence descended again, awaiting their answer. It was an unusual question for him. Perhaps he was testing them. Or perhaps he, who felt no love, simply wanted their perspective.

But he did long for the arrival of the others. He had plans, ideas to set in motion. Each and every one of them was a part of that plan. He took considerable pride in his plots, as while he possesed the brute force to do without it, it was far more satisfying to slowly lure the enemy into his web, and watch his spiders close in on them.

He was, after all, the God of Torture. There was no point in killing them at all if their death was quick and painless. Even if they might pose a threat to him... what he enjoyed about those particular threats was the challenge. The thrill of the hunt.

He'd been forced to act before. His hand clenched the glass tighter as he remembered the failed attack on Fate.

He'd been that close. So close. Mere seconds from taking her life. Lightning. He'd let his guard down. He didn't know where it had come from, who was responsible, but it had been powerful enough to wound him. A fading burn on his chest attested to that.

Chaotic Dreams

Returning Once Again...
Hearing the bell ring, Spark sighed, lunchtime finally arriving after a boring maths class. Packing his books into his bag, then slinging it over his shoulder, pushing his skinny, athletic body up from the desk. He slinked to the door, pushing it open, and headed towards the cafeteria.

Brushing past the constant rush of students, the late teen slid into line, grabbing his tray of assorted unknowns from the overweight food attendant. Once arriving at the end, he looked over at the table he usually sat at, and shuffled his way over, sitting next to the only girl of their group, Fate. He flashed a quick smile to everyone else, before playing with the 'food' on his tray. He began munching on the plain burger in front of him, before hearing Guardian speak up out of place, asking Fate if she was ok.

Stopping his chewing for a moment, he swallowed, then looked to Fate, and as she lied back to him, Spark couldn't help but put his hand on her back. "Are you sure..." he whispered to her, his eyes shining more green as his emotions kicked him a little. Ever since he'd kissed her at the bowling alley, he'd thought of her in a different way, but way too afraid to do anything about it. Maybe if Fate showed him some sort of interest back to him, something would happen.

Last edited:

sand_drew

A slight smile briefly flickered across the face of Jade. "You honor me" she said bowing as she sat. As her body fell into the seat she picked up the bottle and poured herself a glass of wine. She sipped briefly from the glass before setting it back on the table and considering Sorrow's question. "Love is a human invention, a false illusion to give the maggots to which I am sadly related a goal" she smiled again, the smile wider and sadder.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Aisu was resting in his chamber holding an ice dagger in his hand. He just stared at the dagger momentarily before removing the glove on his right hand. He then started to cut his hand enough that it would bleed. He licked up his red blood smirking and enjoying the taste. Once this little deed was done, he shattered the dagger and healed his wounds without leaving any trace of scars. It was at that moment that a portal formed in his quarters and he heard Sorrow's voice calling him.

He stood and slowly walked through the opening and saw that he was standing beside a chair at a long table. He saw two others at this table beside Sorrow himself. Jade and Jet were there as well. His gaze looked at the two momentarily before his orange hues focused on Sorrow himself. He slowly took his place in the seat at the table. Sitting before him was a glass and a bottle of wine. He slowly and carefully slid the bottle aside for he did not enjoy the taste. He figured that Sorrow might be be offended by his actions but he honestly did not care.

His eyes were now focused on Sorrow. He knew that his master could kill him he deemed it so but Aisu felt at the moment in his cold heart that Sorrow was the only being that he could trust. If his end would be Sorrow's hands then he would not go down without a struggle worthy of the powers that he possessed. Aisu reclined in his chair waiting for his master to speak. Aisu was not one for being the talkative type.

Endgame

Sorrow's eyes flickered across the table to Jade as she described her concept of Love, and he smiled broadly.

She was one of his favourites, his preffered two of the group, for a reason. Her resentment of her fellow man let her see the truth behind their lies, yet somehow, he didn't think she completly believed the words she spoke. Some part of her still longed to feel Love, perhaps?

Still, he had to admit, he was somewhat fond of the girl. Her loyalty, her insight and understanding... and, despite being a 'God', a creature apart from humans, he shared any man's appreciation for her subtle curves and slender figure, which danced through his mind as his pale blue eyes locked gazes with hers.

Out of the whole group, she was perhaps the one he was least likely to sacrafice to achieve his goals. Perhaps it was a weakness, but he didn't particularly care.

He was roused from his thought by a scraping sound, and looked up to see that Aisu had arrived and taken his seat, to Jet's left. A loose cannon at his best, Aisu was the least obediant of his followers, but made up for it in sadism. Enjoying even the sting on his flesh and the taste of his own blood, Aisu was Sorrow's weapon. When a situation called for sheer, unrestrained power, with no delicacy or tact, Sorrow unleashed the boy, and worried about cleaning up the mess the child made when Aisu had finished his bloody work.

Even for one who stil hoped to resist his influence, Aisu had his uses, and Sorrow manipulated him to make use of them.

Two portals still gaped, to Jet's right, and to his own. The final child to arrive would be... disciplined for their tardiness.

"Aisu. I'm glad you decided to join us this time. As much as I'm sure Jade enjoyed disciplining you last time, had you failed to learn your lesson, I would have had to teach it to you myself."

He smiled with the memory of Aisu's slick blood coating Jade's delicate hands. There were no marks, given the boy's ability to heal his wounds, but she had done well. He'd withstood it, of course. Aisu wasn't the type to scream at a little pain: it was a credit to him, as Jade was undeniably good at causing it.

Elphaba_1

Author
OOC: instead of spacing it once to make another paragraph, I had to press the enter button twice in order to make another paragraph

I tensed up a little bite when Spark touched me. "I'm fine," I lied again as I took his hand away from me and placed it back on his lap. I remembered the first kiss . . . my first kiss. That very image always made my skin crawl and my cheeks turn red and my heart would pound to it. There were things that Spark would do that would send me to that happy place of joy. But of course, he'd do it so often that I could only imagine that he had done stuff like this with other girls before me.

Even though he and the rest have isolated themselves from the regular humans. I remembered when all of us were lost in the mountains, when Sorrow warped everything around us and making it difficult to find our way home. Spark saved my life and he kept keeping me warm in order to not freeze from the winter cold. He always held my hand or hugged me whenever I froze and comforted me when Snow snapped at me.

But that that Spark. It was probably his way of showing that he cared or flirting with me 24/7. Whichever it was, it was already getting old. This is my third day knowing everyone and Spark was the one that I find predictable whenever he's around me. I looked to Spark and looked into his eyes, my lips unmoved when he smiled and my eyes . . . felt scared. Not because of him, but because of Sorrow trying to attack us, mainly me

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Zak stands with his back facing the darkened insides of an apartment as he holds a rose with petals as black as night to his nose. He smiles the instant that he sees the portal that his master uses to bring his followers to any place that he wants and turns to face the insides of the apartment. He kisses the tip of the rose and tosses it into the darkness to watch it fall on the corpse of a child that could be no older than eight years old. He then walks into the portal after hearing the voice of his master and emerges at a table where a few others are seated.

"My, I get a little exercise and some show before me? That is quite unforunate."

With those words he bows to his master respectfully and takes his seat at the table just in time to hear the Master ask what love is to them. Zak remains silent for he had no true answer. To him love could take any shape or form and that it was as broad as the air is thin. He easily voices his own opinion of the concept to his Master and then looks to the bottle of wine sitting before him. He removes the item that hinders the flow of the liquid and pours some into the glass sitting before him once more. He gently swirls it around in the glass that now rest in his hands and takes a silent smell of the aroma. To him it was an excelent year and would taste grand. With these thoughts he takes a subtle sip and smiles to himself. It was a taste he could get addicted to.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Nah...To you, Lord!" Jet said, as he raised a fresh glass of wine to the air. "May you reach your goals with no resistance!" Chuckling a bit, he drank heartily. No sooner had he placed the glass down when another follower--Jade--had walked through another portal. Jet didn't mind Jade, in fact, he didn't mind any of the other followers. If he left them to their own devices, it would all turn out fine.

Then Sorrow posed an odd question: he wanted to know about love. As hard as it was for Jet to not burst out singing "What is Love?" he knew it would probably be crossing the line. Instead, Jade answered the question first.
"I have to disagree on a certain point, lady Jade." He said calmy. Absent minded, he began to lay his cards in front of him. "I do believe love is useless--I actually think its garbage. However it isn't only limited to ordinary humans. It pains me to say it, but one of my own flesh and blood has practically devoted himself to love. Poor brother, forever blinded by love." Something inside him stirred. It was probably his Sanctuary, but for what reason it did so, he couldn't guess.

He said this smiling, and shuffled his deck. Another follower emerged from the portal and sat near Jet. He looked over to him and shuffled his deck again before lining up the cards for another game of solitare. As Sorrow talked, Jet suddenly felt a wave of relief wash over him for some reason. He looked around and noted some of the portals lingered. Then he broadened his smile.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Aisu was silent as he heard the words of his Lord. He lowered his head and closed his eyes remembering the torture that he received from Jade. It was less than a month ago. His wrists and ankles were restrained by special chains that not even his ice powers could shatter. He just had to endure the pain and punishment. Yet in a twisted way he found pleasure from what Jade did to him. He wondered also if she enjoyed punishing him but it was not his place to ask.

The question was posed to him on his thoughts on love. Aisu wouldn't reveal his true feelings to Sorrow. The fact that he craved to be loved by a female. Besides, he figured that nobody could ever love a person like himself. "Love is useless Master.Love can make you blind to reality." He was silent for a few more moments. "With respect Master, a person can gain knowledge from past experiences." He looked around seeing that there were still two seats unattended. Suddenly though another member emerged who seemed to indulge in his own way on Sorrow's wine. Aisu was silent although from time to time, his gaze would quickly shift to Jade.

Endgame

Sorrow did not overlook Aisu's eyes flickering across the table periodically towards the girl that sat at his left, not did he miss the quavering tone in his voice as he spoke. Aisu, at the least, saw fit to try and deceive him.

In the end, all the boy did was give Sorrow another means to manipulate him, the 'God' mused, his own eyes returning to Jade. He wasn't above playing the children against one another, if necessary.

Finding the other responses to his questions disinteresting, Sorrow sat back in his chair, crossing his legs as he took another sip. Indulgance. It was one of his creeds of realism. He found indulgance irresistable. If he wanted something, he indulged himself. For one who'd lived so long, such small pleasures held great meaning.

An object of that same indulgance was yet to arrive, he noted, with a glance at the portal to his right. He couldn't decide if he wanted them to arrive next, or last. To discipline such a human... it would be exponentially better then the wine he periodically sipped now.

He called his followers children, but indeed, as he had seen in the past, they were mature, in all aspects of the word. But to his eyes, they were but children. He'd been alive long before this era, the era they denoted 'AD' or 'Anno Dominio', the era that had begun with the birth of Christ. He'd been there when they had crucified him, had laughed in the face of his enemy's son as the life faded from his body. He'd worn a different name in those times.

In a parody of the son of his enemy, his name in that time had also began with a 'J'

They'd given him a bag of gold to tell them where the false messiah was. Little did they know he'd triggered every event leading up to that night, that all along, it was his plan to defame and kill the son of God.

Alas, the young man had risen anew three days after his betrayal. And despite Sorrow's efforts, he had become a beacon of hope for the denizens of this world.

He wrenched himself from his recollections. If he were to dwell on the past, the present would pass him by.

"Aisu" he muttered, noting yet another stolen glance at the girl. "Don't get your hopes up. The next time you're tortured, it'll be me, not her. And you know quite well that I can easily drag you into a pain and despair worse then hell itself. So do yourself a favour, and do what you're told. Who knows, perhaps if you make an effort, I'll decide to reward you."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Silently Envy entered, bowing to the Lord before sitting. Envy remained silent, listening carefully to the others as they spoke about Love.

Had you never recieved it, you shall long for it.

She couldn't help but sigh a bit as she pondered the words of Aisu. Love is worthless? She didn't think so--then again, the way she thought it useful would be for manipulating the emotions of those around you. Or was it something else?

Envy watched her Lord's eyes steal at Jade and couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy. Was it thae fact that she recived 'admiration', or was it the fact that Envy was still alone?

Neither. She longed for his attention, not his affection--love only distracts.

Envy pushed those thoughts out of her mind and laid back slightly in her seat, paying little attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back