• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The return of Master Eraqus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unbound_word

Anyone think Master Eraqus will return? If so, Riku can teach him and his three students that darkness isn't the problem, but it's who's lurking inside it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think he will, even for just a couple of minutes. I think a ghostly image of him acknowledging that all three of his pupils have turned into honorable Masters would be awesome.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I like to think that ME will be gone for good, but with the search for "The Key to Return Hearts" I wouldn't be surprised if they revive him. I don't think Riku needs to teach him the ways of dark tolerance though, I think he'll recognize his mistakes on his own. Terra I think has learned on his own by now that darkness isn't the issue in itself, just the people who manipulate it and Ven never seemed to have much of an opinion on it.

Aqua's the only one whoes kind of, sort of, a question mark because ME's teachings seemed to rub off on her the most.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Anyone think Master Eraqus will return?

I've always been a bit worried he might. I think this would just be a little to happy for me, but I wouldn't put it past Kingdom Hearts. I'm just glad that Kingdom Hearts hasn't pulled a "Oh my gosh the main antagonist is our friend now!" Because that would not be okay.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Eraqus did learn about his mistake of being too zealous about light, didn't he? Shortly before being struck down by Xehanort, he acknowledged that he was too blind to see and that his own heart was darkness, raising his Keyblade against his own pupil like that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think the possibility for his return is there, even had my own theory as to how he could return, though whether he will or not I dont really lean toward one way or another.
Even if he isn't returned fully though I do see him playing some role in kh3 given his heart was with Terra last time he was mentioned.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I dunno. I guess I can see him coming back if they see the need to have another Keyblade Master on hand if the others came back as well with said others being Roxas, Xion, Ventus, and possible Namine if she somehow managed to gain access to a Keyblade (hey, if Lea can be a Keyblade wielder...)

VenTer

Awards
I believe that Master Eraques will return for the final battle. He needs to settle the score once and for all. The 3 Keyblade Masters
Xehanort, Eraques, and Yensid will have an epic battle as brothers in keyblade brotherhood :D

Last edited:

blksabbath74

I've always been a bit worried he might. I think this would just be a little to happy for me, but I wouldn't put it past Kingdom Hearts. I'm just glad that Kingdom Hearts hasn't pulled a "Oh my gosh the main antagonist is our friend now!" Because that would not be okay.

Well, it depends on HOW they do that.

I can think of plenty of times it was done extremely well. Clive Barker does it in about half of his stories.

What if Master Xenahort is successful in his plans to unlock Kingdom Hearts, but in doing so, unleashes something terrible on the universe, shattering his plans to balance light and darkness. Something along the lines of Cthulhu monsters, then has to sacrifice himself to lock them away again.

As for Eraqus, I'd prefer he stay dead. I would like to think that death is an actual danger, even in the KH Universe.

Gram

Banned
Awards
blksabbath74 said:
As for Eraqus, I'd prefer he stay dead. I would like to think that death is an actual danger, even in the KH Universe.
Except Eraqus isnt dead, his heart is within Terra and given how his body did the same light show MX and Soras did when they used the keyblade to free hearts Etaqus body mau simply be like MX's was till he rejoined it in DDD.

blksabbath74

Except Eraqus isnt dead, his heart is within Terra and given how his body did the same light show MX and Soras did when they used the keyblade to free hearts Etaqus body mau simply be like MX's was till he rejoined it in DDD.

Good point.

Maybe he can go on to some sort of afterlife that doesn't involve a bodily resurrection.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Eraqus will, most likely, play some sort of role in KH3. I'd rather his story end there, though; just like Xehanort, Eraqus is a relic of the past that should be let go of, so that the present can build the future, just as Eraqus played his role in mentoring TAV for the present.

blksabbath74

There's really no purpose to bring back Eraqus. Yen Sid isn't going anywhere, and he is an ideal mentor figure for the next gen of keyblad masters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While he could return in KH3, I wouldn`t mind if he stayed dead as well. I`m kind of indifferent either way.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
If they decide to bring Eraqus back, I can imagine that there might be some tension between him and his students. Terra may or may not be more amicable to him considering that it has been implied that Eraqus has taken up residence within Terra (sort of). Ventus and Aqua are a bit more iffy. Ventus might be more forgiving considering that he fought Vanitas and saw the destruction that could potentially occur having clashed with the proto X-blade himself. Aqua, on the other hand, is a bit more iffy. Yes, she's the honor student and obeys Eraqus with less questions than the other two, but even there she was trying to prove him wrong in regards to Terra. I also get the feeling that if he is brought back, then it will happen AFTER she has met Riku and has gained a better understanding of the whole light-darkness dichotomy. I also get the feeling that somewhere along the line, Yen Sid finally read the stars aright and saw what happened during the Terra vs. Eraqus fight, how and why it occurred, and the final outcome. If Aqua hears about this, I can imagine that the first thing she would do is either glare at him or punch him in the face. This is due to her valuing friendship over the master's orders as evidenced when she reluctantly agreed to her spying on Terra and the great lengths she went to ensure that Terra and Ventus would be safe at great cost to herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back