• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Resurgence of 3D Platformers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
ZGNmYTJlYjcyNiMvQ2NqenZPOE9hbHU4b25sN1MzYUFxSVpBVzlNPS8yeDQ4OjE5MTh4MTAzMi8xMjgweDYyMC9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzUpL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2dxYmc2dThhZGRsMmh6NHFwdGZyaHBnN3I1ZGJub3JlZmtxM2RmeGR1aHZ0eWZud3FmYjdidHVtd2o4dWNwbXcuanBn.jpg
heres-the-gorgeous-trailer-for-super-mario-odyssey-the-first-mario-game-for-nintendo-switch.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Yookabackground.jpg

Let's talk about how these types of games are coming out again; two of the four games pictured above have a heavy focus on 3D exploration, while the other two are more obstacle based 3D games.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I, for one, am really excited that this trend is coming back. If Kingdom Hearts III actually keeps its promise of lots of exploration, we can expect some platforming-esque elements, something I haven't seen since the first game in my opinion. I'd also consider ratchet and clank as a sort of 3D game like this (although considerably different gameplay-wise), and sly cooper brought it back a couple of years ago as well with Thieves in Time. All in all, I'm super excited that this is a thing again, and I can't wait to play Ukulele for myself!

EDIT: damn it, I meant Yooka Laylee xD sorry, my mind was on autopilot xD

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm really psyched for Yooka Laylee. Looking forward to a good ol' Collectathon.
What's that Nuts n Bolts? "Gamers today don't want all this. All they want is to shoot things"?

Well fuck yooou.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm really psyched for Yooka Laylee. Looking forward to a good ol' Collectathon.
What's that Nuts n Bolts? "Gamers today don't want all this. All they want is to shoot things"?

Well diddly yooou.

Nuts and Bolts was a good game that came out at the wrong time and said a few silly things

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
This genre will certainly never hit the heights it did back in its heyday, but I'm also glad to see it come back. I'm super nostalgic for this sort of stuff, and it looks like a lot of what we're getting is quality, too.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Nuts and Bolts was a good game that came out at the wrong time and said a few silly things

I didn't particularly like it, but fair play to anyone who did. It just wasn't the Banjo game I was looking for. But Yooka Laylee has the most potential rn.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Don't forget Knack 2 & Psychonauts 2.

[video=youtube;sjirhAZsZNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjirhAZsZNo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back