• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Rebuilding of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still wonder what that original KH3D ending was.
I'm 90% sure that it was either having Sora getting 'norted or just ending the story with him stuck in a coma after Riku & co.'s Big Damn Heroes moment. The latter's probably more likely.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Lastly, Nomura says whether there is more than one playable character, it is a secret but it may possibly happen.
Translation: "Yes, it will happen."

I kind of don't want Sora to get superpowers after the exam. Because that's how it sounded to me so far. I always expected the title of a keyblade master "only" providing special knowledge to the master and not special powers, as seen with e.g. Aqua.
^Exactly.
However this Mark of Mastery could be a case similar to DDD's and Yen Sid is once again putting Sora through an unconventional test to boost his power.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
? You're telling they had another planned ending? not involving the series-damning time travel?
I have a strong feeling that time travel would still be involved. Otherwise, how would you explain Young Trollanort's existence in the present? Or Xemnas, or Ansem SoD, or...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have a strong feeling that time travel would still be involved. Otherwise, how would you explain Young Trollanort's existence in the present? Or Xemnas, or Ansem SoD, or...

it could have been chalked up to dreams, which if properly utilized would have been amazing. instead they fucked it up with this marty mcfly bullshit.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm imagining the ending would've been the scene in The World That Never Was with Sora going lights out with Xigbar/Braig walking towards him, leaving a cliffhanger about what happens to him. (At least they say the ending wasn't "happy.").

redcrown

Awards
it could have been chalked up to dreams, which if properly utilized would have been amazing. instead they diddlyed it up with this marty mcfly bullshit.

Exactly. The entire point of DDD was introducing the Sleeping worlds and Dream realm, with Xehanort using that power to create more versions of himself. They already had this to set up his resurrection/clones coming into being easily, but no, it needed to be more "complicated" than that.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm imagining the ending would've been the scene in The World That Never Was with Sora going lights out with Xigbar/Braig walking towards him, leaving a cliffhanger about what happens to him. (At least they say the ending wasn't "happy.").

they never said ot was unhappy or dark, just rejected which leads to a lot of assumption. it could have been a happy go lucky 90s pipedream and bad trip that was rejected because it was so odd but people just assume "nah, bad end".

appleboy82791

Awards
I want to jump on the discussion of other playable characters! I think KH3 is going to stick with the style from other main games. Meaning, you only play as Sora or another version of Sora (obviously I'm talking about Roxas in KH2). So maybe Xion or Roxas again in KH3. They are likely to be returning in KH3 to be saved anyway so why not play as them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well it's pretty obvious Aqua will be playable, since they're going to all this effort to create animations and attacks for her to use in 2.8 and they can just port that into 3 (even if it's just the same scenario but no doubt that might piss off the casual fans who bought 2.8 just for a taste of KHIII).

Thanks for the article Zephyr! Before now I've never seen Luminous and Unreal side by side and I love the difference each makes. Unreal Engine is still my ultimate favourite, just makes everything look better without all the hassle Luminous brings.

And good on Nomura for confirming that they had to start from scratch after the Luminous fail. It's a good thing they had all the concept art ready since the Unreal production must have started as early as September / October 2014 since it was first reported in December 2014 (unless Luminous was scrapped quite early in production and they kept the change quiet for over a year).

Give me that Mirage Arena with everyone playable please Square Enix. Even if you make it a Dissidia spin-off and remove Disney characters, you have enough original to make it work. The areas are big enough to do it. Rapunzel's tower looks to be the same area size as Besaid Island.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I love the Unreal Engine graphics as well! They just make everything pop out.
Exactly. I'm sure Yen Sid's tower would have looked great in Luminous, but there's something about the skybox and the grass in Unreal that just makes everything have a "Kingdom Hearts" feel to it.

When I first saw the E3 trailer, I thought it looked great but it didn't feel like "Kingdom Hearts" usually does. Unreal fixed that and I'm so glad.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I love how Donald looks in the environment of the worlds.

Awards
Exactly. I'm sure Yen Sid's tower would have looked great in Luminous, but there's something about the skybox and the grass in Unreal that just makes everything have a "Kingdom Hearts" feel to it.

When I first saw the E3 trailer, I thought it looked great but it didn't feel like "Kingdom Hearts" usually does. Unreal fixed that and I'm so glad.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I love how Donald looks in the environment of the worlds.
And Twilight Town looks more bright and afternoon-like. It looked nice in Luminous, but it looks even better in Unreal.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
luminous looks like a pixar movie but unreal makes it feel like a video game and its really cool and atmospheric, you can tell its a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back