• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

seifbugazia

I believe that the new disney projects like the princess and the frog ect lack that 'magic' which made movies like the lion king , tarzan ect instant classics. So when i play KH I feel that magic so I believe the reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful is because it has the classical disney magic. I just made this thread to see what people thought about my point of view.

Disscuss

Yuni

Banned
Idon't know I always thought KH was popular because it combined disney/final fantasy into a game and into a story.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
the princess and the frog

did have that "magic"
atleast for me :p

its more like nostalgia

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Kingdom Hearts was succesfull because it had a lot of different disneyworlds in one game and just being a disney game but not being shitty is great but KH is great even without disney and Final Fantasy was another big part that I don't think was as important. I have to agree with Silver Soul on Princess and the frogg though

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
I agree that Kingdom Hearts brings back that "classic Disney magic" we've all come to know and love, and I do believe that is one of the many reasons why it's so very successful, but like Silver_Soul and Vanitas666 said, I don't think The Princess and the Frog is a good example of a movie that lacks Disney's "magic." At least not in my opinion. :]

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The reason KH is successful is because it brings together two things people really like (FF and Disney) and blends them together with a serviceable Squeeaboo story and characters. That's about it really.

Hans4

personally, i don't play the game AT ALL for the Disney thing, i couldn't care less if there was Disney in the game or not, i play it for the story.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
personally, i don't play the game AT ALL for the Disney thing, i couldn't care less if there was Disney in the game or not, i play it for the story.

disney is a part of the story

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I believe that the new disney projects like the princess and the frog ect lack that 'magic' which made movies like the lion king , tarzan ect instant classics. So when i play KH I feel that magic so I believe the reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful is because it has the classical disney magic. I just made this thread to see what people thought about my point of view.

Disscuss

I think that's part of it, but not all of it.

Here are other factors I think made the game successful:

-A fun combat system (I personally liked it A LOT more than the turn-based combat in games like final fantasy).
-An original and touching story
-Final Fantasy AND Disney characters

Mog

Awards
BBS is very good storywise, but it can't touch KH1..

maleficent

Website
www.chicagonow.com
Because it successfully blends Final Fantasy and Disney, as well as new original characters, to make a totally unique storyline, which at times is utterly beautiful and also comedic, as well as being very fun to actually play and fight Heartless as well as battling some of the Disney Villains you always wished you had a chance to beat the crap out of!

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
You know that Sora, Riku, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Kairi, Xion, all of the Organization, Hayner, Pence, Olette, etc. are all -Disney- characters, right?

Although BBS is a good game, I didn't feel it :/ Only world that I feel have that magic in KH2 is Pride Lands.
Really? That was one of the worlds I disliked.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
It is successful no doubt because it successfully blends disney and final fantasy. But what's more important is that it blends them well into a believable world that people of all ages can enjoy. It is an extremely original plot and plain and simply put a GOOD game. I think that is all there is too it. Finesse of Disney and sensibility of final fantasy.

blueheart

Bronze Member
You know that Sora, Riku, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Kairi, Xion, all of the Organization, Hayner, Pence, Olette, etc. are all -Disney- characters, right?

No, TN owns them. Disney had no part in the storytelling, they just gave TN the rights if the Disney worlds and Disney characters, but he made the story and the characters, Sora, Riku, Kairi, and all of them. They are legally a part of Disney, but they didn't create them and make the story for them.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No, TN owns them. Disney had no part in the storytelling, they just gave TN the rights if the Disney worlds and Disney characters, but he made the story and the characters, Sora, Riku, Kairi, and all of them. They are legally a part of Disney, but they didn't create them and make the story for them.

Nah, disney owns the characters. Part of their contract I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back