• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Reason Behind Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I just watched the scene where Xion died and something she said hit me. Everyone(blanket statement) says Days was pointless if everyone forgot Xion anyways, and she did nothing worthy, a plot device. However, as she died in Roxas's arms, she asked Roxas to stop Xemnas and free Kingdom Hearts, while Roxas can't remember Xion anymore, he and Riku and everyone else still remembered her for a short while. The memories slowly faded, and the memories of her dying words caused Roxas to go back to The World That Never Was before he forgot entirely, Riku stopped him, and reunited him with Sora. If Xion had never asked Roxas to do that, it's possible he would've stayed hidden from everyone for at least a little while longer, prolonging Sora's awakening and giving Xemnas more time to finish Kingdom Hearts. Xion is also the reason Roxas even left the Organization to begin with. And I understand this could've all been explained through a few cutscenes, but they also wanted to make a game detailing the daily life of Organization XIII. They just mixed the two together. Now excuse me while I hide from the flames.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
.....except that they killed off half of the members near the very beginning of the game.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Here have my flame proof hat. I've allways felt this way. Also people wanted to know more about Roxas and they got what they wanted.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Days came because Nintendo asked for a KH game on the DS and Nomura picked the Organization to focus on because them being antagonists meant they could be used in Multiplayer. Nothing wrong with them beating each other up.
I personally am content with Days. Sure it could've been structured better but I blame that on the Organization being poorly strung together conceptually and having no substance to keep their whole game.
Days explained the whole YEAR part. Why didn't Riku just beat Roxas up? Riku wasn't active up to late into that year. And it took even Namine a good while to figure out the mess. And let's face it as Deus Ex Machina as Riku was at times in the game, the Organization wasn't an opponent you took on lightly. Then there's the issue that Riku IS a sap and he gave Xion a choice, something I think he'd have done for Roxas had Diz not showed up right after he took the kid down. Riku's little speech afterward and his lasting regret on the matter seem to back this up nicely.
So yeah. Now we know why, despite Riku being able to off Roxas like in a single Darkness-blow and why once Roxas was back, it took a freaking WEEK, it took about a YEAR to recover Sora's Memories. And we got some Org fanservice along the way, not to mention a couple of BBS references and another person to have to save in the future of the series.
Sweet.

Roxas left to go find his true self, Sora; they could have left it at that.

Actually, they did leave it at that.

Megavoltage

Awards
and another person to have to save in the future of the series.
I wish one of the new characters didn't need to be saved by Sora. For the sake of variety we need at least a single person that can solve their own problems or get help from someone besides Sora. Just one! We get these interesting characters but they always have to fade away... ;_;

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wish one of the new characters didn't need to be saved by Sora. For the sake of variety we need at least a single person that can solve their own problems or get help from someone besides Sora. Just one! We get these interesting characters but they always have to fade away... ;_;

I personally don't find most of the new cast all that interesting. TAV's introduction and very concept was, in fact, "oh hey Sora we're supposed to be cool but we screwed up like woah, halp please".

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I personally don't find most of the new cast all that interesting. TAV's introduction and very concept was, in fact, "oh hey Sora we're supposed to be cool but we screwed up like woah, halp please".

While that maybe true... There must be a reason why they were introduced to us. I mean, I know why. But I mean like a meaning behind it.

Sure, now we have more characters to save... (yay... I guess?) but hey, at least KH3 will be epic. xD

He eats ice cream 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

But you can't help but wonder... does he ever get a brain-freeze? or a stomach ache from eating so much ice cream?

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

This is my new signature.

Anyways, my defense for Days as a game used to alwats be that the story sucked because they don't have hearts, thus no emotion, no emotion equals a sucky story. And, Smile, you have to remember that if TAV hadn't screwed up, there wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And, Smile, you have to remember that if TAV hadn't screwed up, there wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and CoM did well enough on their own before BBS implications started kicking in.
There would've been KH without TAV - we'd have just gotten a different explanation to why the universe went to hell.
Also, them being plot devices doesn't make them any more engaging or interesting characters imo. Hell, Terra can be seen as an excuse why Xehanort isn't going to be KILLED, but "SAVED". Stupid kidding.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Kingdom Hearts 1 and CoM did well enough on their own before BBS implications started kicking in.
There would've been KH without TAV - we'd have just gotten a different explanation to why the universe went to hell.
Also, them being plot devices doesn't make them any more engaging or interesting characters imo. Hell, Terra can be seen as an excuse why Xehanort isn't going to be KILLED, but "SAVED". Stupid kidding.

Well Terra still being with Xehanort depends on what Ansem's machine blowing up did to Riku. We haven't even seen Xehanort in his final incarnation yet, so there's still time.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well Terra still being with Xehanort depends on what Ansem's machine blowing up did to Riku. We haven't even seen Xehanort in his final incarnation yet, so there's still time.

Regardless, Current Xehanort is Terra's Vessel. Unless we're basically killing Terra off in a heroic gesture - something highly unlikely, mind, this IS KH - we're purifying him.

Maxyli138

You would think he'd get diabetes from all that sea-salt ice cream. Or at least put on a few pounds.

I didn't think Days was pointless. It helped answer some of my confusions about KH2 and the organization. I just think it could've been made better. Plus it kept me entertained for a week.

Maxyli138

He's a highly active teenage boy who came from a healthy human being. I think he went through enough workout to live through some ice cream a day.
Plus, it's not like they're shown EATING ANYTHING ELSE...

Huh. That sounds EXACTLY like one of my friends. She eats nothing but ice cream and is still a skinny twig.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Sure it could've been structured better but I blame that on the Organization being poorly strung together conceptually and having no substance to keep their whole game.

More like Nomura and the staff can't think of shit to do with the characters they already have and go with the obvious contrived idea that didn't do anything worth creating. When the series' fandom does better in developing pre-existing characters or making better stories surrounding them than the main team itself, then any credit immediately goes down the drain. It wasn't the Organization - they have enough to contribute and had the potential. It just wasn't tapped in. Especially Xemnas. Good Lord, what they did to him. He's an idiot and lost any cred of being a manipulative bastard.

And seriously, I don't find focusing on Xion's woes of the day and then expanding the game with useless filler ice cream scenes any better. Give me the members sitting on the meeting room all day and I'll be happier. No doubt it would be more exciting.

There's a reason why people think the game sucked, and it's not because the Organization couldn't do anything to structure the plot. People knew they could but they didn't, and that's one of its criticisms among the many.

Days explained the whole YEAR part.

Which didn't need to.

Why didn't Riku just beat Roxas up?

The Organization were keeping a tight watch on him, naturally, since he's their Keyblade wielder. Xemnas "smelled" Diz prowling around, and took precautions. Getting close enough would have been difficult, let alone take him peacefully (like KH2 showed). That also could've been a perfect way to incorporate why the members also had to go with him on missions sometimes. And last time I checked, Riku turning into Rikunort was kind of a last resort he had to use to get Sora back when he finally remembered that he was suppose to care for his best friend more and try to get him awake as soon as possible. Thus, he had to sacrifice.

Furthermore, it would have been great if Nomura went for his original plan and had something going on with both Riku and Roxas enough that Riku could summon him to the skyscraper and he'd come (Days being a Roxas and Riku game sounds so much better that it's a shame. A darn gone shame). Seriously, Roxas could have done things he wasn't suppose to and talk to people he wasn't suppose to as much as Xion did (if he was actually done correctly and not regulated to be the camera). Pack that with a nice confrontation that he's stuck between Riku/Diz vs. The Organization as well as him harboring memories of Sora, and you got a good thing to fall back on. Oh, and a dash of Ventus.

And, I recall, this didn't even take me two minutes to come up with. Kind of sad.

Riku wasn't active up to late into that year.

And when he was active, it was lackluster. Oh, let's just have him walk around with the 14th but not really member and...hell, what did he do other than that?

And it took even Namine a good while to figure out the mess.

To be honest, she already knew what was up and what needed to be done. It wasn't that difficult.

And let's face it as Deus Ex Machina as Riku was at times in the game, the Organization wasn't an opponent you took on lightly.

It didn't seem that way. When did Riku ever go against the Organization or fought them off? His job in that game was to glue to Xion and no one else.

Then there's the issue that Riku IS a sap and he gave Xion a choice, something I think he'd have done for Roxas had Diz not showed up right after he took the kid down.

Riku's little speech afterward and his lasting regret on the matter seem to back this up nicely.
So yeah. Now we know why, despite Riku being able to off Roxas like in a single Darkness-blow and why once Roxas was back, it took a freaking WEEK, it took about a YEAR to recover Sora's Memories. And we got some Org fanservice along the way, not to mention a couple of BBS references and another person to have to save in the future of the series.
Sweet.

Over his best friend, which I still don't find credible. You can feel sympathy for someone because they're a clone, but to let them decide the fate of one of your important people, and the real one at that, it's just mind boggling no matter how you look at it. Especially with someone you knew, uh, just a meeting ago? And who's ass you royally kicked? And who you were cold to? And even in the DI discussion, that things would be better if "she" didn't exist? (but, of course, he didn't act on it because the game would end quickly. I just wish it wasn't so apparent that the staff was doing it due to that fact)

Looking at it as a whole, there was no way Riku was going to let Roxas go and do what he wanted. When Xion died and the game returned to normal (yes, characters became what they should have been earlier), he was very determined and certain that he needed to get Sora out of his coma despite his personal feelings on the matter (something he should've done 358 days ago, yet I digress). HALLELUJAH. It only took him a whole damn year despite that he had the chance to end it all right next to him! What a stand up guy. But away from sarcasm, how could you say that he would've been willing to let Roxas go when he was already turning into Rikunort and knocked the kid out before Diz even reached them? :/ If he was planning to let him leave, he would have done so since the beginning. Making him unconscious wasn't going to help him escape, you know. Never saw much regret either, just that he perhaps could have handled things differently since it appeared Roxas "wanted to meet" Sora. And that he didn't agree with Diz's treatment.

And really, it isn't any surprise. Roxas was half of Sora - the other part of him. The memory recovery took a week because not only is it hard for Naminé to accomplish (and it's a process), which she admitted long ago that it might take a while, but Diz had to make sure that Roxas keeps being in a fantasy world away from the Organization to do what they needed to do without problems. Didn't work out too well, but at least Roxas decided by himself to do what Diz had been wanting in the end.

And it took a year because, well, the memories were leaking into Roxas and hampering everything. Xion wasn't needed because she simply sucked them away from him unto her, so the vessel holding them would've been him if she didn't exist. After all, Xion dying didn't get things to normal. And in the same vain, Roxas would be hard to get with the aforementioned complications in the way above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back