• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Realm of Darkness and its Inhabitants

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
This is a little theory about why it is known as the forbidden territory and why Ansem and Aqua are effectively stuck there until otherwise… Well technically, the beach Aqua and Ansem have their talk is actually the darkest end of the inbetween realm, basically, it is the border between the inbetween realm and the realm of darkness (the realm of darkness opening up further out across the ocean)…

Here are some questions that I hope to answer in regards to our two persons and the realm of darkness…

1. Why can’t either of them get out?
2. What makes the realm of darkness s so forbidden?
3. What exactly are Ansem and Aqua now?

The realm of darkness was first brought up in Kingdom Hearts… It was said to be world where all lost hearts are gathered… I believe what was stated above is an important clue as to what Ansem and Aqua are now reduced to. I believe at one point in time, Riku was also nothing more than a heart wandering the world of darkness… When Xehanort’s heartless took over Riku’s body, Riku’s heart was casted away, and sure enough, it ended up in the world of darkness, just as stated my Mickey… I’ll provide the video to better express my points…

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix - Riku in Darkness (Translated)

So if we can take Mickey’s word as fact, all lost hearts normally end up in the realm of darkness… I believe the same case happened to both Aqua and Ansem… They aren’t physically complete, instead they are hearts in physical manifestation, just as Riku was prior to gaining his body back after Sora and the gang subdued Xehanort’s heartless.

This also brings me to the next point. Ansem was banished to the realm of nothingness before, yet he was able to get out the first time… I believe the reason behind this was perhaps because he still had a vessel to shelter his heart, thus he didn’t end up losing it when he opened, or gone through a darkness corridor… I believe I can link that to the reason Terra, Aqua, and Ven uses armor in the first place… If one’s heart is exposed to too much darkness and he, or she can’t control it, they risk losing their heart…

Towards the end of KH2, Ansem’s body was possibly destroyed (or, something else happened to it), this leaves behind his heart, which ended up in the realm of darkness (based on the principle that all lost hearts gather in the realm of darkness)… I don’t know the specifics behind how Aqua ended up in the realm of darkness, but considering she can’t get out, I’m also under the impression that she has been reduced to the existence of the heart…

In the realm of darkness, there is no hope for escape, so possibly Aqua and Ansem thought about going through the corridors of darkness that randomly open up in the realm inbetween (which would explain why they are near the dark beach), considering that plane of existence is unstable, however I think that because they have no vessels to help prevent the darkness from staining their hearts (potentially turning them into heartless) they perhaps changed their minds.

I mean Nomura said the darkness corridors won’t be that much of a problem if used infrequently, so if Aqua and Ansem were whole, they wouldn’t have a problem going through…

On rare occasion those with particularly strong feelings or hatred, such as the case with Beast and DiZ and perhaps others like them can open these paths. However you must be careful when coming into contact with such darkness. As such, if you use these paths too often you will be completely swallowed by darkness. Sora has used these paths several times before, but the degree of frequency hasn't allowed the darkness to stain his heart, so you can think of the influential power of darkness as being dependent upon the strength of the persons heart.

So currently, Aqua and Ansem are waiting to greet Sora, because if Sora is to make it over there, it would be through a darkness corridor…

Though, what of their bodies? I know the first thing that runs to mind is that nobodies of Aqua and Ansem would appear considering their hearts were lost and separated from their bodies… However, that would mean their nobodies were created without corresponding heartless (which means their nobodies wouldn’t have any memories of before)… However, you might say , “what stopped Riku from creating a nobody in this case? Well I believe that because Xehanort’s heartless had possession of it; body of Riku was kept from Riku’s heart… When Xehanort’s heartless was subdued, the body of Riku made its way back to Riku’s heart (completing him)… I’m not too sure on this part, considering the nobody thing is beaten to death, but I guess some may consider this last paragraph as a what if kind of thing…

Basically, that’s it in a nutshell… I know it may have some plot holes considering I haven’t played BBS, or spoiled every little thing, but I was thinking I could still try to predict a little…

Gram

Banned
Awards
its a good theory and a possible one, but i think that aqua and diz cant leave is well aqua cant make CoD and diz's ability to was taken away by that explosion.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately, this great theory falls apart based on that facts around Aqua's current situation. I know you don't know the whole facts, but that's the problem. And if you don't wish to know, then stop reading now.

Aqua is complete while in the Realm of Darkness. She isn't just her heart, it's her body and complete being, also. After she dove into a dark portal after Terra's/Xehanort's body, she continued to fall after saving him and ended up wandering around in the Realm of Darkness.

I think the reason she couldn't escape is for different reasons. Not only because the only two ways out of the RoD are through either being summoned, or the Door to Darkness, but because her keyblade couldn't work there. She has a keyblade from the Realm of Light, and therefore cannot use it in the Realm of Darkness to upon up a portal.

I think you're theory is correct for Riku and Ansem, but just plug in mine, and it all works. :)

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
^Yeah I just read the first part of your sentence.lol Thanks anyway though...

Alright I think it's fair to close this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back