• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The reality of nothing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_dutchman

on the fine line between being depressed and being
I would like to thank Cloud_Unchained that he could squeeze my first chap in his spare time, good luck with the finals C_U!

-------------
Chapter one: The awakening

You may think that you’re happy being here, but I know better. We think we’re so great that we kill living animals and call it “sport”, we walked on the moon, and we think we’re brilliant, some of us even think we made time, they think that we’re gods and everything else is nothing. But we’re actually weak. We wage war with ourselves, just so that the “rich” people can prove they’re right. We steal from each other because we’re jealous and full of greed. We’re so naive, that we actually believe in something that we’ve never even seen once, and we’re so paranoid, that we pick fights with people who are “different”. The truth is that we’re parasites, sucking the life out of the planet and soon everything else. My name is John, and I’ve been granted a gift, a gift only a few people have. A gift, to see the truth.

I’ve played two characters in my life. When I was young, I was shy, and not very talkative. This year, I became a joker, a slave of laughter who was rude and disrespectful towards everything I had ever thought of. I’m still playing this role, because, somehow, I find joy in it, maybe every person has two characters, maybe three, adapting to the things happening around him. But that’s a different story.
The point of this story is to spread the gift that I was given, my wish is to open everyone’s eyes, and I will be the first one of my kind to realize it.

It began a week ago, but not immediately. I saw things in the news, a boy was killed because he wouldn’t give up his ipod to a stranger, the war is still raging on in Iraq.
“All this happens for nothing”, I said. I began to feel a little bit of something, but I ignored it. I looked at my watch and saw it was time to go to school. The school hours went by slowly, it was at math when I heard someone whispering with my own voice in my ear. “School teaches us nothing, it’s meaningless, it’s nothing, the only way we learn something is if it happens to us in real life.” I was in a trance the rest of the lesson, hearing the same thing over and over again, the dark feeling was brewing, bigger and bigger. The bell rang, and I woke up from my trance, wondering what happened earlier. My friends called me and I had decided to ignore it again.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Nothing really happened, I heard no whispers and I had no dark thoughts for 2 weeks. Until one night, I was dreaming, at least I think it was a dream. I was in a dark place, dead trees were the most colourful things there.
I walked around looking for someone, it seemed I was the only one there. I decided to walk a bit more, looking around for something that could get me out of here. I was getting tired of walking, when a light suddenly blinded me, which was strange because there was no sun. The light stopped and I looked around for the source.
I saw something at the horizon, it looked like a star because it still had a little bit of light. I didn’t trust it, but I still went closer and closer. It seemed like forever, to get there, but when I got there, I was stunned. “What’s this doing here!?” I yelled.
I saw a mirror, nothing but a small mirror hanging on a branch.
--------------

hope you like it! please post your comments on this.

Ruki

Interesting point of view on expression. Extremely short chapter and if the rest are shorter than this that's bad. You'll need alot of chapters to make it regular fic size. Good on everything else though.

dark_dutchman

tnx for the comments you guys! Ruki, i know you're going to hate chapter three for its shortness, but this chapter looks short because there's no dialogue in it and i don't use the return button very much. anyway, here's chapter 2, enjoy!

Chapter2: The mirror

I looked at the mirror, right in the eyes of my reflection. I became angry and frustrated. “What the hell am I doing here!? What is this place!? How do I get out of here!?” I kept yelling and yelling, walking around the tree. After what seemed like a few hours, I calmed down and started to investigate the mirror and its bearer.
To my surprise, this tree was still alive, it had beautiful green leafs, its cortex was thick and dark brown, the tree was so large that you couldn’t see where it ends.
The tree has only one branch, which is holding a white rope tied to a small mirror hanging before my face. It looked like a normal piece of glass, though it’s so beautiful that you could cry. I looked in the mirror, but I didn’t saw my reflection this time. I saw a street, just a normal street with children playing and parents chatting. It looked like paradise, everything looked so perfect that it must be fake. I looked at it, fascinated by its appearance. I noticed that it had a word engraved. “Hope”, I whispered. I touched the mirror, hoping to feel the engraved letters and the feeling itself. I closed my eyes, trying to explore my heart for the feeling, it didn’t come. I opened my eyes and was stunned. The people in the mirror were gone, the streets were dark and empty, and the vision was destroyed and gone. The mirror became black, there was nothing you could see in it, just a piece of black glass. “We have no need of this”, the whisper was back and was repeating itself, over and over again. Leaves were falling and the tree was dying. I tried to pull away my hand, but it was stuck to mirror. Cracks were beginning to show up at the end of my fingertips, growing over the piece of glass. It didn’t take long, or the whole mirror was covered in cracks. A second later the mirror broke into pieces. I was shocked, the once so beautiful mirror and tree were gone, and I was the one who did this. Everything went dark afterwards.

dark_dutchman

ok, but just because your my friend, and because it's a very short chapter.

Chapter3: Racists

I woke up, panting and sweating of fear. I looked at my alarm clock, it was 8.30 AM. “Oh shit, I overslept.” I jumped from my bed, tried to find my clothes and wash up as fast as I could. When I was ready to go, I remembered something, “its weekend.” I said. Relieved that I’m not late for school, I sat down next to my mom. She was watching the news; they caught the murderer from the ipod-murder. He was Polish.
“They should send all those immigrants back to where they came from.” she said.
“ Racists, you could call them the scum of the earth. They like to punish people who are ‘different’, even if they didn’t do anything. They are just the same as you and me, but some of us would still like them to be gone. The KKK is a good example for this, I’ve seen them on TV when I was young, and I never forget what I saw. They wouldn’t let their children have their own opinion about it. They were raised to hate, I even saw a family learning their children how to shoot a gun while they were preaching about their superiority. They treat it as a religion of some kind, organizing meetings where they grow their hate, calling them names in front of children at the age of 6. ‘It’s good to have an opinion and to express it’, some people say. ‘Freedom of speech’, some people say. this is all worthless if ‘speech’ means calling people names and if ‘to express’ means shooting people. Fortunately, some racists are civilized enough to keep their mind to their own when an immigrant is around. I know my mom isn’t really a racist, she wouldn’t want to hurt them, she just says a lot of things about everybody, that’s just how she is. There are a lot of different personalities in this world, too bad not all of them are civilized.”.

dark_dutchman

ok, i'm putting chapter four on because i'm also planing to do some serious studying for visual artist (and of course the finals). anyway, enjoy!

Chapter4: A new soul

I was having the same dream over and over again. Wondering what it meant, I tried to look up places in school where I was alone so I could think about it. I had no clue what it meant and I couldn’t figure it out the following days. After another two weeks with the same dream, I had a different one. again, everything was dark and the trees were dead, but there were farmers working. They only had a few wooden tools to work with. “Excuse me, but do you know where I am?”, I asked. No one answered . I went closer, slow and alert for unexpected things to happen. I asked again, “excuse me, sir. Where am I ? Sir ?”. I tried to draw his attention by tapping him on the shoulder, but my hand went right trough him. I screamed and pulled my hand away. Frightened by what happened, I began to run, to escape yet again. I kept running and running until I saw some people at the horizon. When I arrived there I noticed that theses people wear the same clothes as the others. When I looked around, everything was the same, I even saw my footsteps in the sand.
“You can’t run from here.”. I turned around and saw a boy of my age.
He wore a black trench coat with black trousers and a shirt. He had a silver necklace with a weird symbol around his neck. “Believe me, I tried”. He walked slowly towards me, going trough the farmers like they were nothing but thin air. The few vegetables that were growing on the land died the moment he walked past them. “Who are you”, I asked.
“You want a name?”
“Of course I want a name!”
His silver eyes were focused, alert and yet calm.
“If you wish to call me something, call me Jehova. It’s as good as any other name.”
“My name’s John.” I stuck out my hand. He looked at it with suspicion, then smirks and shakes it. Everything went dark again.
------------

hope you guys like it! plz submit cc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back