• Hello KHInsider Forum Members! Please hide all spoilers and discussion for Final Fantasy VII Remake in a spoiler tag, keep all titles spoiler-free, and do not share any videos/streams/images prior to April 9th 9pm Pacific Time. Anybody who fails to comply will be banned immediately for a week.

The ratio of returning/new worlds for KHIV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ratio of old/new Disney worlds for KHIV

• few new worlds, I prefer more of my old favorites to return. 4 new 6 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more new worlds! less of the old. 7 new 3 old

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I think an equal amount would strike a good balance. 5 new 5 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't really care much about the old worlds, want mostly new. 8 new 2 old

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • most of the new disney movie don't have much to offer. stick with old school. 8 old 2 new

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • give me a good handful of the classic kh disney worlds and fill out the rest with new. 4 old 6 new

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

2 quid is good

Awards
  • Mog Boss
The Vanishing Isle as a boss fight I have dreamed about since KH2.

View attachment 12590

This would look magnificent in fully rendered unreal engine. The boss fight would make the Titans boss battles in KH3 look like a joke by comparison. A battle with this and then a boss battle having us fight both Sa'luk & Cobra Jafar at the same time

View attachment 12593

View attachment 12591

in KH4 would make for a spectacular, epic finish to the Agrabah saga in the series.
That cinemagic logo is so nostalgic

the red monster

Awards
I want mostly new worlds, but for sure some of them will return (frozen)
i would be up for pride lands to return using lion king 2 story. it has so much potential on UE4/5.

horto12485

Awards
I want mostly new worlds, but for sure some of them will return (frozen)
i would be up for pride lands to return using lion king 2 story. it has so much potential on UE4/5.
Same I want to see How the Pride Lands looks in Unreal Engine 4 maybe with the Animals and the Green Grass and Simba's Family and Friends and Kovu and Zira and the Outlanders

horto12485

Awards
Hmm let's see hmm...

A Game set between Kingdom Hearts IV...

Legacy to Galaxy (Treasure Planet)
Game Central Station/Niceland/Cybug Sector/Candy Kingdom (Wreck It Ralph)
Coco (Land of the Dead)
Either Alice in Wonderland (2010) (Underland) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Four Realms)
The Lost Capital (Atlantis the Lost Empire)
Wild Jungle (The Jungle Book)
The Mythology World (Onward)
Pride Lands (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride) (Just a Second Option if either one Jungle World makes it in or not)
Motunui (Moana) (If it doesn't make it to Kingdom Hearts IV or does)
Todayland (Meet the Robinsons)

Kingdom Hearts IV Worlds

Kumandra (Raya and the Last Dragon
Soul
Town of Wishes (Princess and the Frog)
Scottish Kingdom (Brave)
Islands of Hawaii (Lilo and Stitch)
Zootopia (Zootopia)
Jungle Cruise (Jungle Cruise)
City of Supers (The Incredibles)
Agrabah (Aladdin and the King of Thieves) (Returning World)
Arendelle (Frozen II) (Returning World)
Toy Box (Toy Story) (Returning World)
100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) (Returning World)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Now that I think about it, repeat Disney Worlds are almost sure to happen for the sheer fact so they don't run out of high blockbuster new Disney properties. Don't want to spend all your munny in one batch, right? They might want to stretch big releases like Moana, Zootopia etc and have repeat worlds just to make sure they'll have other new big worlds for KH5.

sephydark

Awards
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
  • Anguis Union
Yeah, if every game was 100% new worlds they'd run out of movies pretty quick, especially the big movies that would get people excited. Not to mention that the most fitting movies from a thematic standpoint could be ones that were already used.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
From what I gather it seems Aladdin, Frozen, and Toy Story are among the favorites to return for the next big numbered title. It makes sense from a marketable standpoint. As much as we love our side games at the end of the day it's honestly mainly about the main numbered titles. Out of those three I am personally most looking forward to visiting Agrabah again (along with the Vanishing Isle). Toy Story and Frozen are among the most popular franchises currently in the business so naturally we have to have those two again as well. I am still wishing that Kingdom of Corona (my second favorite world in the series after the Caribbean) would come back as well and join those three, but unfortunately for some reason Tangled is not as popular as the "great" Frozen. So I am going to try to keep my expectations of it's return to a minimum.

I do wonder however if the Caribbean will return along with those three as well? POTC is still quite popular these days, having two other sequels to work off of to boot. It even has favoritism from the main character Sora. "You always did like this world". It may have a chance to join Agrabah, Arendelle, and Toy Box in the return section for KH4. Only possible issue I see with that maybe is having both POTC and Jungle Cruise in KH4, both being live action films that take place in similar settings. Or do you all think they are different and unique enough to coexist in the same game. Honestly I wouldn't mind if both were in KHIV, not every day you can say you played a video game teaming with both Johnny Depp and the Rock in the same game. Could be fun really.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
From what I gather it seems Aladdin, Frozen, and Toy Story are among the favorites to return for the next big numbered title. It makes sense from a marketable standpoint. As much as we love our side games at the end of the day it's honestly mainly about the main numbered titles. Out of those three I am personally most looking forward to visiting Agrabah again (along with the Vanishing Isle). Toy Story and Frozen are among the most popular franchises currently in the business so naturally we have to have those two again as well. I am still wishing that Kingdom of Corona (my second favorite world in the series after the Caribbean) would come back as well and join those three, but unfortunately for some reason Tangled is not as popular as the "great" Frozen. So I am going to try to keep my expectations of it's return to a minimum.

I do wonder however if the Caribbean will return along with those three as well? POTC is still quite popular these days, having two other sequels to work off of to boot. It even has favoritism from the main character Sora. "You always did like this world". It may have a chance to join Agrabah, Arendelle, and Toy Box in the return section for KH4. Only possible issue I see with that maybe is having both POTC and Jungle Cruise in KH4, both being live action films that take place in similar settings. Or do you all think they are different and unique enough to coexist in the same game. Honestly I wouldn't mind if both were in KHIV, not every day you can say you played a video game teaming with both Johnny Depp and the Rock in the same game. Could be fun really.
Mmmm, I wouldn't put Agrabah in the same category as Frozen and Toy Story as a world to likely return, just yet. Nothing really suggest that will happen. It might return seeing how they dusted off Fairy Godmother and gave her a role again, so anything is possible. But Toy Story and Frozen are like almost a given...even though Arendelle sucked in KH3.

As for the POTC it's funny you mentioned that "You always did like this world" line. When I first heard that, and Sora's followup "Yeah, how could you not?" That felt almost tongue and cheek about the fact that nearly everyone disliked Port Royal in KH2. I'm sure that's not the case but I got vibes of that. That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now. Honestly I was stunned they selected it for KH3 during the 2018 trailers lol. Too bad KH already used POTC best two villains in Barbosa and Davy Jones already.

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now.
Depends on what your definition of played out would be. Getting a 4th and 5th movie is impressive when online opinion for them wasn’t that warm (On Stranger Tides is the second highest grossing film in the series, making over $1B). There’s also a 6th film coming (the first draft of the screenplay is almost done) with Kaya Scodelario reprising her role, unless they move in a different direction.

You’re absolutely right, the series being popular or not doesn’t really have a bearing on whether or not it will be a world in future games. Nomura could decide, with Disney’s permission, to do an original story but there’s still plenty from the series to mine for content.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Mmmm, I wouldn't put Agrabah in the same category as Frozen and Toy Story as a world to likely return, just yet. Nothing really suggest that will happen. It might return seeing how they dusted off Fairy Godmother and gave her a role again, so anything is possible. But Toy Story and Frozen are like almost a given...even though Arendelle sucked in KH3.

As for the POTC it's funny you mentioned that "You always did like this world" line. When I first heard that, and Sora's followup "Yeah, how could you not?" That felt almost tongue and cheek about the fact that nearly everyone disliked Port Royal in KH2. I'm sure that's not the case but I got vibes of that. That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now. Honestly I was stunned they selected it for KH3 during the 2018 trailers lol. Too bad KH already used POTC best two villains in Barbosa and Davy Jones already.
Sure nothing suggests at the moment that Agrabah will return, but nothing about the way Arendelle ended indicated to me it would (nor should) come back either. Agrabah would certainly be one those feel good moments of SDG meeting another pre-KH3 Disney character like they did with Herc and Jack. Like Hercules, Aladdin sure has the "bro" friendship with Sora. Jasmine maybe could also provide usual information regarding the new POH too.

Toy Story will always be my favorite of the Pixar films, the Incredibles right behind it. However with that being said, playing through the world itself was alright at best. As far as the KH3 worlds go for me it's somewhere in the middle. Not bad or one of the worst by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been better in some areas too. If it come back I wouldn't mind it, hopefully they will find more innovative ways to keep the world fresh instead of journeying through yet another toy store. Oh and about the mechas thing. Please no more of that. I want to feel like I am apart of the Toy Story world, not a strange hybrid of Mobile Suit Gundam and Wreck-it Ralph.

As for Frozen. If I had it my way I wouldn't bring back Arendelle at all period, and rather have just Corona be the only returning princesses world from KH3. The only sole reason why I keep adding Frozen to my KHIV lists is because is something that feels inevitable. I may not particularly care for it, but I wouldn't allow that to blind me from the fact that one way or another that damn cold hell hole of a world will return because so many people out there apparently can't get enough of the overrated Elsa.

If it doesn't matter if a world is based off of a popular movie or not, we probably wouldn't have gotten Frozen as a world in KH3 in the first place. I am almost a 100% positive they bring back Frozen again purely because of how popular it is, not how it can contribute to the story. We all saw how much it "contributed" to the plot. Shoots, maybe even Hundred Acre Wood had more to do with the plot than Arendelle did. POTC could come back for that very same reason. I do agree with you that they already used there best villains in both Barbosa and Davey Jones. That is one department both part 4 and 5 lacked in. I don't think a minor thing like that would stop them from including it. If they don't use Blackbeard or Salazar, they might just shoehorn in one of the Foretellers to be the main villain in the world or have the usual heartless boss fight. Did Frozen 2 even have a villain?

sephydark

Awards
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
  • Anguis Union
I don't think that Arendelle is guaranteed to return just because Frozen is popular. It's true that's a point in its favor, but it also seems like there were a lot of restrictions on how they could use it. Unless someone really pressures them to include it, I could see them ditching Arendelle for something that's more fun to write for. After all, the most used world is based on Hercules, a movie that had pretty middling reception compared to other Disney Renaissance movies but is apparently fun to write new stuff for.

I do think PotC is pretty likely to show up again at some point in the series, though I'm not sure if it'll be KH4 or one of the in between games. I think there's a lot of opportunities for unique gameplay gimmicks in addition to all the other movies they haven't touched yet, and the world being well-received in KH3 means they're probably going to be less wary of going back to it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Toy Story will always be my favorite of the Pixar films, the Incredibles right behind it. However with that being said, playing through the world itself was alright at best. As far as the KH3 worlds go for me it's somewhere in the middle. Not bad or one of the worst by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been better in some areas too. If it come back I wouldn't mind it, hopefully they will find more innovative ways to keep the world fresh instead of journeying through yet another toy store. Oh and about the mechas thing. Please no more of that. I want to feel like I am apart of the Toy Story world, not a strange hybrid of Mobile Suit Gundam and Wreck-it Ralph.

As for Frozen. If I had it my way I wouldn't bring back Arendelle at all period, and rather have just Corona be the only returning princesses world from KH3. The only sole reason why I keep adding Frozen to my KHIV lists is because is something that feels inevitable. I may not particularly care for it, but I wouldn't allow that to blind me from the fact that one way or another that damn cold hell hole of a world will return because so many people out there apparently can't get enough of the overrated Elsa.

If it doesn't matter if a world is based off of a popular movie or not, we probably wouldn't have gotten Frozen as a world in KH3 in the first place. I am almost a 100% positive they bring back Frozen again purely because of how popular it is, not how it can contribute to the story. We all saw how much it "contributed" to the plot. Shoots, maybe even Hundred Acre Wood had more to do with the plot than Arendelle did. POTC could come back for that very same reason. I do agree with you that they already used there best villains in both Barbosa and Davey Jones. That is one department both part 4 and 5 lacked in. I don't think a minor thing like that would stop them from including it. If they don't use Blackbeard or Salazar, they might just shoehorn in one of the Foretellers to be the main villain in the world or have the usual heartless boss fight. Did Frozen 2 even have a villain?
I thought Galaxy Toys was one of the better KH3 ideas as it was original but still had Disney elements. It's my favorite world in KH3. But I can understand people wanting more iconic locations. Galaxy Toys could have been made Al's Toy Barn just upscaled in model. The problem is they run the risk of repeating a movie plot which is something Toybox completely avoided. KH is restricted with what they can do with Disney stuff now, so it's almost pick your poison in this case. Do you want a retread of the movie plot beat for beat in a iconic location? Or a new original plot but not in a setting from the movie therefore not iconic of the movies setting? As for the Gigas, I was fine with them until they forced me to play that Verum Rex minigame with them. But overall they provide a game gimmick similar to the pirate ships.

As for Frozen 2, they had their villain announced long before the movie came out. It was called 'high expectations'

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I want more old worlds returning just for the sake of me missing classic Disney and that being where a good amount of the magic and charm of this series came from. If it was up to me, I would fill the next game with majority classic Disney like 6 old classic 4 new. Seeing Atlantica, wonderland etc return (Especially on unreal 5) is just far more interesting than seeing a lot of these newer cg properties.