• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Rapture's coming on M̶a̶y̶ ̶2̶1̶ October 21

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasDraleau

Wow, really? There are so many "end of the world" dates right now, they keep getting swapped and extended. Will will it ever end. :)P)

2012 will end most of the hype, at least I hope it does, if we are around till then. Then the next major End of the World "past prediction" was by Newton who said sometime in the 2060s.

Last edited:

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
my plan to "live every day like its my last"

1. have lots of sex
2. get DRUUUUUUUNK
3. move to a country you dont know anyone in for no bonking reason other than you always wanted to and (derp) its the end of the world
4. ?????
5. wat

Prajna

I think I've heard something before of a meteor hurdling towards Earth, which is supposed to reach us by 2036. Not sure if that's a calamity fit to end the world, but surely enough to destroy most of us. It's rumored that it's the size of Rhode Island.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Did you know that NASA supposedly predicted that a small planet in another solar system would crash into Earth and kill us in 2012? Last I heard, the estimate for a space ship to travel from on solar system to the other was 100,000. We need a giant space laser.

LucasDraleau

Planet X / Nibiru. And another theory is that it is currently near the sun and eventually we will all see it in front of the sun and when we do it's going to start moving towards us and smash into Earth and kill us all. I mean, how do these people come up with these theories.

A giant space laser would be useful, but no government in our world is smart enough to design one.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Did you know that NASA supposedly predicted that a small planet in another solar system would crash into Earth and kill us in 2012?
That wouldn't have been NASA, though it might have been someone using data either supposedly taken from NASA, or taken from NASA sources and interpreted/edited wrongly.
We need a giant space laser.
Laser's not going to do much to a planet, sorry~
It might cut it up, but gravity is just doing to bring the pieces back together. And if it does manage to be cut up, we'll still get bombarded by roughly the same amount of material, it'll just be even more spread out over the side of the Earth facing the potential impact.
A giant space laser would be useful, but no government in our world is smart enough to design one.
As described above, every government in the world is actually smart enough to not do it :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Planet X. And another theory is that it is currently near the sun and eventually we will all see it in front of the sun and when we do it's going to start moving towards us and smash into Earth and kill us all. I mean, how do these people come up with these theories.

You know, we could just move Earth.

[video=youtube;-9RuaB3c9FQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RuaB3c9FQ[/video]

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You know, we could just move Earth.
Except we don't know what effect that will have on climate, tides, and tectonics. Given Nibiru is supposedly a small planet, it'd be easier to move it than to move us.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Except we don't know what effect that will have on climate, tides, and tectonics. Given Nibiru is supposedly a small planet, it'd be easier to move it than to move us.

It was a joke. If Earth were to be moved, it would most likely be catastrophic. If it were to come towards us, we would be doomed. Thankfully, it's only a theory.

(I hope.)

LucasDraleau

Did you know that NASA supposedly predicted that a small planet in another solar system would crash into Earth and kill us in 2012? Last I heard, the estimate for a space ship to travel from on solar system to the other was 100,000. We need a giant space laser.

According to some people, it's been in our solar system for years already. NASA didn't say that. If anything, it's trying to cover it up.

Laser's not going to do much to a planet, sorry~ It might cut it up, but gravity is just doing to bring the pieces back together. And if it does manage to be cut up, we'll still get bombarded by roughly the same amount of material, it'll just be even more spread out over the side of the Earth facing the potential impact.

It wouldn't do much to a planet, I already know this, but it still would be useful for other things like asteroids, etc. that are smaller and more destructible, especially if we had several. All in all, it's just a joke because even if it was useful and buildible our government would be too ignorant to build one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
We should build a giant bonking shield that covers the whole planet then. Let's see how you're goddamn doomsday prophecies work after that.

LucasDraleau

We should build a giant bonking shield that covers the whole planet then. Let's see how you're goddamn doomsday prophecies work after that.

That's even more ludicrous than the laser idea, but yeah that'd stop all the f***ing doomsday prophecies, at least the collision ones.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That's even more ludicrous than the laser idea, but yeah that'd stop all the f***ing doomsday prophecies, at least the collision ones.

Wait, but then sunlight couldn't get through and we'd all freeze. Then we have to make a shield like the Reflect spell from Kingdom Hearts.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Planet X / Nibiru. And another theory is that it is currently near the sun and eventually we will all see it in front of the sun and when we do it's going to start moving towards us and smash into Earth and kill us all. I mean, how do these people come up with these theories.

There's also the theory that there's another planet (or asteroid, can't remember which) in the far reaches of our solar system which is the cause of the axis being slightly tilted.

But honestly it's just nonsense. And even if something like that is true, it wouldn't mean anything cause we'd all be dead anyway. :v

LucasDraleau

Peppu said:
i dont mind being on a planet full of atheists while you guys are all in heaven or some shit

I fourth that, besides I'm pretty much an atheist anyway.

very differentiable
Awards
I bet he just mean't to say rupture, things easily get misinterpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back