• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Rant Thread. Need to blow off a little steam? Let's hear it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ImVentus

Awards
I loathe false advertising & misleading marketing.
What makes me even more disgusted is when companies (that goes by their name) meant to help individuals in need
are simply just out for the quick cash. Greed is the worst.

The fact that there are so many scammers out there, is downright depressing.

Zul

Awards
What makes me even more disgusted is when companies (that goes by their name) meant to help individuals in need
are simply just out for the quick cash
. Greed is the worst.

The fact that there are so many scammers out there, is downright depressing.

There are tons of "charities" out there in which the vast majority of donated money actually just goes to the company that solicits the charity, it's ridiculous.

And the worst of scammers infest the domains of society where honesty is needed most (medicine, drug companies, insurance companies, banks, education, our school's food system).

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay, more Things That Break for No Blasted Reason!

We did finally get a new oven btw. Now..well, it was the WASHER. We'd gotten a new Maytag washer a year ago. They used to be a rockin' brand that would last for ten years or more!

Well, this last one only lasted a couple years, GRRR!. It got really noisy, which my brother ignored (My middle brother is deaf in one ear) but then it randomly started not draining all the way, leaving clothes soaking WET. Well, it happened to that brother last Sunday, he got impatient since it was taking forever, and broke the lock.

We got a repairman in; the same one as the last one who looked at the wall oven. (Since they give it to you straight, sis was smart and called the second guys.) Turns out, it'd be more than the washer was worth to get it fixed. (And that includes the broken lock; that was $150USD right there to fix. Control board also went, which was very expensive to replace) So we had to get a new washer. That brother bought a new GE washer; let's hope this one lasts us a good while. I don't want to have to go though this [CENSORED] song and dance in a couple years.

And you'd better believe if I ever move away from my siblings, I'm going to spend a few hours in the library if I have to buy any big appliances. I would rather check Consumer Reports before I buy those! Major investment there.

2 quid is good

Awards
I know you can't please everyone but I hate people who are constantly trying to punish you and use their position of power to get away with everything and you can't do sh*t about it

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I would like to rant at the fact of how some people will love another only for what they have and not who the person is in the inside. I extremely loathe only being loved for money or getting what they want and then ditching you. Anyone feel me?

Meow Wow

Awards
I would like to rant at the fact of how some people will love another only for what they have and not who the person is in the inside. I extremely loathe only being loved for money or getting what they want and then ditching you. Anyone feel me?

^The reason I will be single for at least 25 more years

ImVentus said:
are simply just out for the quick cash. Greed is the worst.

https://youtu.be/lLqtBDsu4lw
at least Darwin had great intentions

Well I guess I gotta rant

Preface: this doesn't apply all people

Why can't people drive? I'v seen people not stop at stop signs, they don't use turn signals, speed limit? What's a speed limit? It's near non existent. People cut you off then slow down, people are always on their phones or distracted while driving. Like, I was in a car accident because someone needed to do something to her dog in the backseat and her car shifted in to the lane I was in. Just like UGH How so some people have drivers licenses when they can't drive.
End petty rant.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards

You're not alone with that. There's some real gold diggers out there.
They're not worth anyone's time.

ImVentus

Awards
I hate how people abuse criticism to just bring you down and claim they're giving feedback (They can have their pitiful opinion but they don't get to be a nasty asshole). I swear some people just make me sick to my stomach. Real pricks that ain't worth any of my time.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. GRRR. More trouble.

Some of you may know that I donate plasma for money (over in the US, that's becoming more and more common; I do it for spending money every other week. I recommend if any of my fellow Americans do it, make sure it's a legit one and don't donate oftener than every other week for your health. I think rules do not allow this in other countries, though.).

I had gotten on a new med that required I had to take a month break from donating. Fine. It also required me to get my doctor to send in a form via fax. (Make no mistake about it. They do try to be careful; these centers do not want to make you sick.)

Seems like there's some trouble with the doc's fax machine, for they didn't get it when they sent it LAST. MONTH. I just had them resend b/c they didn't get it. If they don't have it in about 10 minutes, I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way (aka. sneakernet. Screw the fax machine).

You'd better believe I'm a bit p.oed at the moment about the whole thing, tho. Either it's dumb fax machine or something is wrong. GRRR.

Pokie

It may sound like a no-brainer, but depression sucks. I wouldn't wish it on my worst and biggest rivial.

Meow Wow

Awards
Whenever people ask if im going to do a sport next year, I say marching band(because I am) and theu always reply with "marchinh band isnt a sport, ypu should join a real sport."
They dont understand that first of all marching band is a sport by definition; and they think that you stand there and play an instrument all day. Yeah Its not like you have several postitions to memorise and are constantly moving, while playing an instrument.

I apologise for all the typos (Im on a phone) Ill fix them later

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Let's give this a shot.

I wish people would at the very least admit they play favorites. We all do, it's human.
I run a KH-related group with my four friends, and we have our own set of rules for when we need to accept new people, and how to handle them. We usually get along just fine on that.
Recently, a new guy came in and he's just the type I absolutely despise: that one dude who will just go for every shred of appreciation, no matter how short lived.
So everytime he just posts whichever KH-related voice actor's birthday, on the day dedicated to music videos he just spams 20-30 cartoon themes so he'll get likes by nostalgia (why do you spam 30 songs in 5 minutes, no one will listen even one to completion and my notifications scream mercy the entire time) and so on. It's such a superficial approach, but whatever. I won't single him oput just for that, he's harmless enough.

What bugs me is that somehow that worked with all four of my friends, they're really buddy-buddy and see nothing wrong with him.
But then, they will single out other members for similar behaviour, just because they're not their friends. And of course, theyr'e completely oblivious to it.
This is far from the first time it happened to me in a circle of friends, and everytime I'm stuck in this unpleasant situation where I either tolerate in silence or speak up and look like "that one prick who holds grudges".

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Just zipped my tip. I hate zippers. I guess its back to b-ball shorts for me

ImVentus

Awards
Narcissistic people is the living hell of this world, I really can't stand them. The fact that there are so many of them on this planet is just depressing.

Meow Wow

Awards
Why can't women's non-bikini swimsuits come with built in bra padding? It's annoying as hell dealing with the removable pads. Like, you wash it and they either fold or come out. Then putting them back in is a pain in the ass too. You end up spending 10 minutes trying to cram and unfold a tiny pad so they can constantly move when you move. It's annoying. Very annoying.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I remember when the homeless used to ask you for a dollar. Now the mothadiddlyas ask you for five. I'm broke too man, chiiiiiiiiiiiid.

I mean, get that narcissists aren't well received, but a mentality vs a natural personality is usually the distinction. People that carry more self-importance, and better self-esteem generally are happier and are going to see more success than one who is always putting someone or something else in front of themselves. Not saying you shouldn't doormat yourself, which basically that. (putting people and things ahead of you and your minute to minute situations) From a "survival of the fittest"-esque dogma, if you're not properly investing in yourself and building your tools to get ahead, you're largely going to be unhappy and unsuccessful depending on the placement of your resources and merits. So while vanity can be a bad thing, context matters, the long-term of that behavior matters, it doesn't take away from the fact we can't stand certain types of people, but theirs advantages to conducting yourself in a certain way and thats all I'm trying to get yall to understand lol.

Other stuff? Yeah. Kinda miss the older community on this forum, it's largely why i've dropped off in actual activity and been more on the side of lurking a few times a week, sometimes less than. I've dedicated a little more time to hunting down some of the older members for IRL meets. Lets just say, theres been major success in the last two years ;)

I'm an actual activist. Mainly for BLM, the LGBTQ community, and those with Inabilities/Handicaps. I'm kinda on the fence about supporting 3rd wave feminists even as journalist because most of the ones i've dealt with don't know dick about previous waves, the actual laws, and are core on social-issues which to me are purely surface and don't drastically impact the deeper rooted issues that are institutionalized.

Veevee

Awards
Other stuff? Yeah. Kinda miss the older community on this forum, it's largely why i've dropped off in actual activity and been more on the side of lurking a few times a week, sometimes less than. I've dedicated a little more time to hunting down some of the older members for IRL meets. Lets just say, theres been major success in the last two years ;)

I'm not trying to be unnecessarily curious but since I've read this statement for a few times from different users now, I'd love to know what exactly everyone means by that. I've been here for a year now, so I don't know which part of the community is considered "the older community", but I'd like to know what exactly made them different than the actual one. I'm just curious, feel free to dismiss my question if you don't like to answer. I've been a member of a few forums in the past and KHI is the only one I'm currently active on so I don't have many communities to compare with this one and up to now, I'd always thought that it was kinda normal, having some cool dudes and dudettes and some who you don't get along with so well. Kinda being a part of the "new community" that is obviously not so well-liked as the older one, I'd be interested in what to improve as a member and maybe in the community as a whole.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
Sometime I hate myself because I don't make decisive decisions. I'm always confuse in my life. I don't even know what's my real passion. I feel like I'm not good at anything. This long-time dream of mine will never be real. I'll be going to college next year and I'm still confuse as hell. Even if I said to my family that "I wanted that course" "Yeah that course is perfect for me" deep inside, I'm not 100% of it. Oh and I think I won't be getting that scholarship because I didn't reach the required grade.

Also, don't you dare bring me down just because I'm studying in a non-popular school. The reason why I left YOUR school because I was bullied and criticized by my former classmates and teachers. So keep your pride down, your school was not that GOOD, it's not even a famous university so shut up. It's only a Catholic based school so shut up.

Back