• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Rant Thread. Need to blow off a little steam? Let's hear it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Griewer

Awards
Here's the most absurd rant of the week: I hate the fact that I need to wait 2 whole years until the new Fantastic Beasts movie. This is pure cruelty. :'D

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I am very sad that my destiny on the forums is decided by the appearance of the games my heart is most doki for WHILE I AM AWAY FROM HOME, aka away from my consoles and big tv, as I am away from free time because of university life which now multiplied x2. Art + Philosophy = barely any time for anything else + overworking myself in the most brutal way. So yes I had huge breakdowns these weeks and needed to learn how to chill again, and now I kinda found my peace and rhythm again. But really... I am so sad that I won't play any games till after December 20th, and even then, I still save up money for the PS4 that I don't have yet, so I won't be able to play my preordered FFXV Deluxe, and buying KH 2.8 is preposterous too without a console to play it on. The only good thing is that I got AC Brotherhood and Revelations ready to play at home, so my vacation will have them <3 but still, my heart is crying - FFXV will be out, everybody will be playing it, everybody will participate in discussions and there will be me, avoiding spoilers and totally left out, though I really really want to participate in the community....................................................................................................
crai

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Art sucks. I hate it. But it's also more important to me than anything else and I hate that I love it so much. Like could I have literally any other passion in life than this bs. Why can't I love sports, that would be actually useful instead of ruining both my physical and mental health like drawing does.

Can the new Pokemon just come out already I want to play it 24/7 and not think about anything but how cute my Pyukumuku is. Best Pokemon. Can't wait to get one in my team. Or several. Just a full team of sea sausages that punch you in the face with their guts.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The writing client on this forum is complete trash. Never write anything in the client. Just write it out somewhere else, like notepad, and copy and paste it in, because if not, there's a chance that something is going to go wrong.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
FCUK TOYS R US

I will never order a god damn game from this piece of shit, old-fossil toy company. I was expecting my game to arrive this week as I had selected economic shipping (4-6 business days), but they "are delayed due to holidays" so I have to wait 6-9 business days with no compensation nor alternatives to get it sooner. What's worse is that game is clearly in all the stores and I can't even cancel my order to do a store pick-up. So god damn dumb. Get with the fucking times you outdated piece of trash. U GARBAGIO

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I want to KILL the oven repairman. If you'd been with me on either ims, Steam, or Discord you'd know we have had a broken oven (FUDGE electronic ovens) since Thanksgiving.

The repairman has been a no show twice, said they had the part, and still has NOT shown up to fix the #%$&^* oven. Sis managed to get the owner today. I hope this means we will have a oven by Christmas, since he's PISSED as well. If he don't we won't have Christmas dinner at all. (To channel the Queen in the original Alice In Wonderland by Disney; SOMEBODY'S HEAD IS GOING TO ROLL FOR THIS...)

Sis isn't making anything for dinner either; I'm considering walking down to this place that has a buffet for dinner, since otherwise it'd be soup and sandwiches since we only just cleaned out the fridges of goodness knows what nasty crap..

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I want to KILL the oven repairman. If you'd been with me on either ims, Steam, or Discord you'd know we have had a broken oven (FUDGE electronic ovens) since Thanksgiving.

The repairman has been a no show twice, said they had the part, and still has NOT shown up to fix the #%$&^* oven. Sis managed to get the owner today. I hope this means we will have a oven by Christmas, since he's PISSED as well. If he don't we won't have Christmas dinner at all. (To channel the Queen in the original Alice In Wonderland by Disney; SOMEBODY'S HEAD IS GOING TO ROLL FOR THIS...)

Sis isn't making anything for dinner either; I'm considering walking down to this place that has a buffet for dinner, since otherwise it'd be soup and sandwiches since we only just cleaned out the fridges of goodness knows what nasty crap..

Go out for chinese turkey like in A Christmas Story

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Um, one ironclad rule we have is we don't buy stuff on Sunday. Guess when Christmas is this year? Bah.

Well, the owner called back. The oven can't be fixed. /le sigh. We're not going to have a new one until AFTER Christmas now. And yes, someone is getting fired over this b/c we were strung along for so long.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
You mean wall oven, but thank you Cinder. I just hope my middle brother buys one soon; he tends to drag any replacements out for a longg time, but this hits his stomach (he does like cookies and cake and pie) so he may move faster. One can hope.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay update. I still want to get the combat boots on the first repairman, but it turns out the first repairman was pig iggnorant.

One of my brothers who was into arcade collecting mentioned to sis that sometimes you can find New Old Stock with certain arcade parts, so we might be able to get it fixed anyway. She called another repairman in the next town over who said it was the temp sensor, and he'd fix it for less than the first repairman.

He came over today; we now have a repaired oven. Sis says she's going to get the door fixed later (it has cracked glass) but for now, I'm just glad we have a Christmas dinner coming and a oven that actually works :redface:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Every time I see or hear someone moaning about how they're gonna kill themselves over some trivial nonsense like having their phone confiscated or stupid internet drama, I can't help but feel a twinge of rage. While I know at the back of my mind that most people are being overdramatic and hyperbolic, for the love of god. I watched an 8-year-old boy desperately cling to life for weeks after a brain tumor fucked up his brain, left him nearly comatose, and he died only after several seizures took all the energy he had left. He held on despite there being no chance of surviving. And meanwhile you have dipshits declaring that they'll throw their lives away because their parents grounded them or because their crush isn't interested in them. BOO-FRIGGIN-HOO. Get a goddamn grip and stop acting like being alive is some kind of virulent curse because of a minor triviality!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. Seems that sorta fixed it, but not really.

It turned out to be both temp sensor and what the other repairman thought it was; the control board. Now, that board is a pain in the south end to get since they aren't making it anymore; but we were able to get a referb ordered.

Why? Well, if you'd been reading my latest fic, you'd know we had creepy crawly roaches at one point; they've been exterminated now, but to put it mildly, roaches luv luv electronics because they're warm (make sure you check any used game systems folks, it's a real problem b/c yes, they destroy the things eventually. Not to mention dead bugs also ruin electronics and most repair people won't take erm, buggy (as in has insects in it) consoles) and their erm, poo had shorted it out pretty good, yuck.

I think the end of this saga will be next week, finally. The part should be coming in then and we should have the freaking thing fixed then.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
This has been bugging me for a while now, but it frustrates me to no end that people have to complain "this is garbage compared to what Japan gets!" every time something updates for NAUx. It's especially apparent on twitter, where pretty much every tweet the NAUx twitter makes is bogged down with replies begging for brooms and jewels and complaints about how "unfair" it is compared to JPUx. While I understand the sentiment behind it, it's just so tiring to have to see every time.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
We got attacked last night. One of my friends got hit over the head by a glass bottle, and we had the bottle thrown at us, and got hit with glass. Fortunately no one is seriously injured. Asshole was drunk, and wanted to go into the party to "charge his phone" and when we sai no, he freaked out, and started attacking people.

I don't think I'm going to bother with New Years next year.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
We got attacked last night. One of my friends got hit over the head by a glass bottle, and we had the bottle thrown at us, and got hit with glass. Fortunately no one is seriously injured. Asshole was drunk, and wanted to go into the party to "charge his phone" and when we sai no, he freaked out, and started attacking people.

I don't think I'm going to bother with New Years next year.
Darn, that sounds tough :/ Sorry to hear.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Spent all morning putting together a bookshelf for work, only to realize i screwed something up with its construction when I finished. Then had to tear the dang thing apart and start over. The best part is that I have yet another, LARGER, bookshelf to build after my lunch break.

fuck

Oh, oh, and the instructions that came with that bookshelf were for a slightly different bookshelf with slightly different parts too. So that was fun trying to interpret for the first build-through.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
My friend and I got mugged last night.
They took his phone, while they were busy, I managed to toss behind mine quietly, so I managed to keep mine after we came back for it.

Not a fun time.

Zul

Awards
You cannot type ANYTHING into google image without seeing a "my little pony" version of it. I don't know whether the MLP infestation is widespread or it's just a small group of people dedicated to drawing pony-ized versions of everything.

Back