• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The PS3 NOT expensive!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I've just recieved my Gamepro issue and found that, once again, it's said that the PS3 is STILL expensive. But if you really think about it, it's NOT!

Let's compare it to the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 is 400 (USD) dollars for the Xbox 360 WITH the hard drive.
PLUS the wireless router which is 100
totalling up to 500 dollars

now think about it:
the PS3 is 600 USD (xbox is 500)
it comes WIRELESS (xbox wireless sold separately)
with a wireless, MOTION SENSORED, RECHARGEABLE controller (Xbox controller is not motion sensored)
it's REGION FREE (can you play region 2 games on your Xbox?)
it can play PSone, and PS2 games (Xbox doesn't have that backward capability like we want it to)
it has an INTERNAL MEMORY CARD FOR THE PS and PS2 games (really? wow!)
it ENHANCES the graphics of the PS and PS2 games
It has an internet browser (Not just a market place people, you can go on Youtube on that thing)
BLUE-RAY DISC PLAYER

for that extra 100 dollars, the ps3 is well worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------
now for the wii.

yeah the wii is soooo much cheaper. it's small, it's cheap, it's fun. It has so many games of many genres and many ages.

it's 250 (USD)
the controllers PLUS the nunchuck is 60
it can play game cube games
remakes of old nintendo games are comming out
online market place
weather
news
Miis (<---me gusta mucho)

but it's still no match for the PS3 OR the xbox 360.
----------------------------------------------------------

yeah just wanted to vent out my love for sony products BUT i'm not hating on Microsoft nor Nintendo. I personally love all consoles and have all 3.

I probably will feel stupid in the next couple of posts....:blushing:

feel free to discuss.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Wrong place..

For the price there asking for it yes.. You dont have to have HDDVD player with the 360.. Sony should have done that done that..

Blu-Ray isn't need this gen, the only devs that said it is is Sony first and 2nd party.

sonic-speed

you probably should've left out the part about the internal memory for past gen games, considering that Xbox 360 and Wii both have that as well.

however, one PS3 pro concerning past gen memory is that the PS3 has an adapter that lets you use memory cards to transfer data from a PS2/PS1 over to a PS3. the 360 has no legit method for transferring data between generations.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
Wrong place..

For the price there asking for it yes.. You dont have to have HDDVD player with the 360.. Sony should have done that done that..

Blu-Ray isn't need this gen, the only devs that said it is is Sony first and 2nd party.

say what you want but its helped Sony this gen, many people buy it cause of the addition of the blu-ray player (which has won the war) and helps make better games (more room to store stuff)

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
lulz
don't buy Xbox wireless router

cheapness + better media center pwns PS3

explain? what causes the xbox's one to be better? considering that sony have through firmware releases added to it (adding more compatibility for file types etc) . Its only a time difference thats the problem, the 360 has a year ahead of the ps3. Give them more time through more updates and Sony will catch up

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There is a different between percieved value and actual value. The PS3 is probably the console with the greatest value, but the least sales, and that answers your question. xP

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
The problem is that Elite has pretty much all the things PS3 does, and it's a bit cheaper. Plus, we all know the Premium is going to get a price drop. Sony pretty much egged MS on. Oh, and the only reason Blu-Ray is "winning" the war is because it's packed into the PS3, but is scanned separately. In other words, Sony is basically getting all their sales statistics by scanning the PS3 as two separate things.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh, Elite is missing out on ALOT of the things PS3does. <_< Thats the only reason people are saying MS may cut their price, the Elite is horribly inferior to its 30 dollar more expensive PS3, this is a fact.

And Hero_of_Fate<_< Blueray is winning because the movies are selling more, and its getting more movies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not really just Sony's media format. <_< Sure if it was UMD, only Sony was selling it, but i see other Blueray Players all the time.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
i think that if you trade in unused games+100 price cut=best deal of your life.

i won't get an 80 gig because:

1. already have a 60

2. No emulator=no ps2 games! grr...

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It's not really just Sony's media format. <_< Sure if it was UMD, only Sony was selling it, but i see other Blueray Players all the time.

I was talking more along the lines of BetaMax and MiniDisc. But yes, there are non-Sony players, but the media format was made by Sony and Panasonic.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I've just recieved my Gamepro issue and found that, once again, it's said that the PS3 is STILL expensive. But if you really think about it, it's NOT!

Let's compare it to the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 is 400 (USD) dollars for the Xbox 360 WITH the hard drive.
PLUS the wireless router which is 100
totalling up to 500 dollars

now think about it:
the PS3 is 600 USD (xbox is 500)
it comes WIRELESS (xbox wireless sold separately)
with a wireless, MOTION SENSORED, RECHARGEABLE controller (Xbox controller is not motion sensored)
it's REGION FREE (can you play region 2 games on your Xbox?)
it can play PSone, and PS2 games (Xbox doesn't have that backward capability like we want it to)
it has an INTERNAL MEMORY CARD FOR THE PS and PS2 games (really? wow!)
it ENHANCES the graphics of the PS and PS2 games
It has an internet browser (Not just a market place people, you can go on Youtube on that thing)
BLUE-RAY DISC PLAYER

for that extra 100 dollars, the ps3 is well worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------
now for the wii.

yeah the wii is soooo much cheaper. it's small, it's cheap, it's fun. It has so many games of many genres and many ages.

it's 250 (USD)
the controllers PLUS the nunchuck is 60
it can play game cube games
remakes of old nintendo games are comming out
online market place
weather
news
Miis (<---me gusta mucho)

but it's still no match for the PS3 OR the xbox 360.
----------------------------------------------------------

yeah just wanted to vent out my love for sony products BUT i'm not hating on Microsoft nor Nintendo. I personally love all consoles and have all 3.

I probably will feel stupid in the next couple of posts....:blushing:

feel free to discuss.

You're wrong.

Untitled-3.jpg

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It's no match...yet it reaches a far wider audience than both 360 and PS3. Its sales have already far surpassed PS3's, and is projected to surpass 360's by the end of the Summer.No match? More like it can't be touched, even if it's far weaker than its competitors.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
<_< Eh, I dont agree with DG's post cuz it gets so specific as if you need all those things. Let's add a HDTV, a sofa, a house, and somefriendsto buy. Really, all that stuff is irrelevant, it comes down to the games, and thats what Sony has to prove. (And btw, I find that chart bias either way).

Libra

Your Ending Theme
You're wrong.

Untitled-3.jpg

Actually, the 360 accessories list is over a hundred dollars more. In value, I'd get a blue ray player for $8 in comparison. And when you're up over $800, whats another $8?

I mean the chart is way to technical and only proves that in the end, each console is similar priced. It's just that the 360 doesn't come packed with everything so, you still pay the same price in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back