• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The PS2 Final Fantasy games on the PSN or HD releases?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsu

Does anyone know if Square is going to release the PS2 Final Fantasy games (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X2, Final Fantasy XII, Dirge of Cerberus) on PSN or on a special HD disc set?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Possibly for the NGP since it will most likely have similar or greater processing power of the PS2. I have yet to see Square do any HD games.

Last edited:

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Personally, I would love a X & X-2 HD Remake, perhaps all the international content included (with English dubs when needed). A little extra content (Or perhaps even a new story/quest that could or could not lead into a sequel) would be nice too.

Cheaken

Awards
Possibly for the NGP since it will most likely have similar or greater processing power of the PS2. I have yet to see Square do any HD games.
They just released the Tomb Raider Trilogy which is an HD collection of Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversery and Underworld. So if it sells well they might decide to do it for the Final Fantasy series.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
There's a thread on this already, not meaning to criticize at all, just to let you know there is significant evidence to show that there will be HD rereleases, and that it has been discussed with excitement.

At the beginning of the year there was a quote from an exec who said (to paraphrase) "people are going to be so excited to see what Square Enix are doing with Final Fantasy and Konami with MGS" when talking in depth about HD remakes.

We have no idea what games, and there is a possibility that the exec was wrong, but thats what he said. I can't be arsed to look but it's pretty easy to find ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back